• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenny Britt to New England

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman, Gronk, Britt, Brady? They should set records those games.
On a run first team, no less.

If Britt didn't pass the health test of the Rams, though, thats a big red flag. We took in Jake Long and Saffold when others didn't think they were worth the risk

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a run first team, no less.

If Britt didn't pass the health test of the Rams, though, thats a big red flag. We took in Jake Long and Saffold when others didn't think they were worth the risk

Scary.

milker2324

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely this. I can't believe anyone would think otherwise. Something tells me he's going to end up with you guys and I can't wait to see what happens. Your coaches will use him as a weapon (unlike the fucking Titans). Hell, the Titans wouldn't even throw the damn ball to Randy Moss or Jared Cooke so don't judge Kenny Britt based on them!

:gaah:
I have wanted britt since he pretty much came into the league but i doubt it happens. This would have been the best time to get him too, with him having to prove himself. I have screamed for a big receiver since T.O. I think they are happy with Cooper, desean, maclin, benn, DJ, etc, but im really not sold on cooper. I was pissed when they drafted him but he finally made a contribution last year. I just worry because he doesnt have any elite kind of talent, but his chemistry with foles seems great.

As long as him, djax, and maclin stay healthy i will be happy. I would like to see them put maclin in the slot (and sometimes sproles) with avant gone, because i dont trust djax to go over the middle and/or take a hit. Otherwise i would want him there more often. Honestly i really dont know what they are going to do. I would like to seem them get a big wr in the draft to eventually replace cooper but with that contract, i am not sure if he would have to be on the books for either 2 or 3 years. It all depends on what maclin does as well.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, does anyone have a problem if I merge all these threads into one gigantic "Patriots No Excuses For 2014" thread? :noidea:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, does anyone have a problem if I merge all these threads into one gigantic "Broncos No Excuses For 2014" thread? :noidea:

They really don't have any. Greatest offense in history and now adding Ware, Talib and Ward to defense. And if Miller is healty, thats a scary D

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the idea of a "No Excuses" thread. The Broncos have spent $110M on four players. Add Manning's $20M (which he wouldn't restructure) and you have 5 guys holding 40% of the cap this year. The other 48 have to divy up the remaining dollars. As it stands, the Broncos have a bunch of guys in their rookie contracts and that's allowing them to spend. If they don't win, the whole thing could collapse.

The Patriots have signed guys also. but none of them have guarantees. The scary one is Revis who gets $25M next year if the Pats don't cut him and they can't come to any kind of agreement on a contract. The Pats get Hernandez's $7.5M cap hit back next year just to start out.

Been reading that cap will go up approx. $10M a year for the next 3 years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be a bit overblown. Lately they haven't had some of the success that they had before with signing some of these guys. Guys like Adalius Thomas, Haynseworth, Ocho-Cinco come to mind of troubled but talented guys that went to New England and failed.

Path meaning they didn't seem to continue down the wrong one...at least not while they were with NE...on the field...those guys you mentioned did fail, but not really my point. I wouldn't invest a lot in a WR coming off two major knee injuries, but I doubt they would invest a lot.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Path meaning they didn't seem to continue down the wrong one...at least not while they were with NE...on the field...those guys you mentioned did fail, but not really my point. I wouldn't invest a lot in a WR coming off two major knee injuries, but I doubt they would invest a lot.

If I'm Kenny Britt, I take anything over the minimum with the intentions of a huge free agency in '15. I get into camp early, cancel my twitter account and work/focus like an animal and plan on a massive payday 12 months from now.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that too.

I'll be disappointed if/when he signs somewhere else, if he lights them up.

Yeah that sucks, would suck if he lights it up elsewhere like you said. But hopefully Mark Harrison gets a chance to prove himself this year, hope he is healthy.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Pats need receivers, as their young group had moments here and there, but no gamebreakers; Gronk is a stud, but will he be healthy for a full season? See Pats got LaFell, who is another player who has some talent, but will he be the reliable gamebreaker? They need one big-time receiver who can stretch the field and put a little fear into a defense. Who that may be don't know. Could a healthy Britt be that? Maybe, but needs to stay healthy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Pats need receivers, as their young group had moments here and there, but no gamebreakers; Gronk is a stud, but will he be healthy for a full season? See Pats got LaFell, who is another player who has some talent, but will he be the reliable gamebreaker? They need one big-time receiver who can stretch the field and put a little fear into a defense. Who that may be don't know. Could a healthy Britt be that? Maybe, but needs to stay healthy.

They don't need anyone. Short of an elite guy, I don't want anyone. The young guys are all we need.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Kenny Britt, I take anything over the minimum with the intentions of a huge free agency in '15. I get into camp early, cancel my twitter account and work/focus like an animal and plan on a massive payday 12 months from now.

I remember him from early on...all the talent you want in a big WR...had some growing up to do, then the injuries hit. That said, you make a great point...in this pass happy league...he could cash in on one more big money contract.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need anyone. Short of an elite guy, I don't want anyone. The young guys are all we need.

you watch them more than me I'm sure, so you would know. I just know when I watched them this past year, it seemed that Brady was really hurting for one guy who could break it for a big chunk of yardage, at least every now and then. They seemed to have a hard time cracking the defense. However, I do like bringing up the young ones, and building that way, if they got the goods, would be the ideal way to do it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I also see, why bring in a guy with injury problems, and maybe other probs, and screw up any kind of chemistry you may be building in the receiving corp. If it's a real superstar, then that's one thing, otherwise, maybe upside not big enough for the risk.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries were an issue to some extent, but it was mostly just the complexity of the offense. It takes time to learn the Patriots system and when your whole team is learning it at once, there's going to be some struggles here and there. It's a necessary part of the process, and one I expected prior to the year. Even still they were reasonably productive, just not efficient because the chemistry wasn't there yet. Give them a full offseason to work, and they'll be fine.

Part of the reason I'm not excited about britt (or any other additions) is because it takes reps from the guys who really need all of them.