• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kemp needs to go

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care how many people I piss off, been saying it all year..TRADE HIM, Dude is a walking band-aid.:omg:

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Kemp= Andrew Bynum.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just gonna leave this thread, before I fucking snap

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, what happened?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he's been playing through the pain.... again. Why he didn't just stay out and get healthy IDK.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's hurt also next year & he misses alot games...do we give another chance in 2015..thats 3 years of not being on the field pretty much :L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he thinking trotting home? He just got off the injury list. You would think he would be hustling. It cost him again. Now he'll miss the playoffs. Mental case.

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care how many people I piss off, been saying it all year..TRADE HIM, Dude is a walking band-aid.:omg:

Ahh, yes. A voice of reason. Welcome to our tiny little club.

Kemp is a 160 million dollar joke.

Trade him to the Yankees for Mark Reynolds. At least Reynolds can play and will strikeout just as much.
:gaah:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could they get for him to begin with?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game, what happened?

His ankle was still feeling sore, he got an MRI and it revealed more damage than was previously known.

Sounds like he's been playing through the pain.... again. Why he didn't just stay out and get healthy IDK.

Because he, and all of the team doctors, thought he was fine. He went through extensive testing and they all passed. X-Rays didn't even show the ankle was weak so that's why they had to go for the MRI.

If he's hurt also next year & he misses alot games...do we give another chance in 2015..thats 3 years of not being on the field pretty much :L

3 years? What are you talking about? Are you being dumb again?

Ahh, yes. A voice of reason. Welcome to our tiny little club.

Kemp is a 160 million dollar joke.

Trade him to the Yankees for Mark Reynolds. At least Reynolds can play and will strikeout just as much.
:gaah:

Kemp's injuries are not the ones that you would attribute to being "injury prone." These injuries are the result of game-related trauma. He hurt his shoulder when he crashed into the chain-link fence at Coors Field. He injured his ankle on a bad slide in Washington.

These are freak accidents. These things happen in sports. Matt Kemp is still one of the best hitters in baseball and I'll be the least surprised baseball fan when he wins the Comeback Player of the Year Award. You realize that he's only two seasons removed from finishing second in MVP voting right? Do you remember that he started off the 2012 season the way he ended the 2011 season - he was one of the top hitters in MLB. He had a .382 wOBA just this September. The dude can still bring it.

He hurt his ankle and you guys are already primed to give up on him. :lame:

Let the man get better. When he's healthy he's right there with Hanley as the best hitter on the team.

Also... Mark Reynolds? You want to trade for a free agent? :L I'm hoping you were joking but man that's a lame joke.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it gets me pretty worked up when I see people bashing him on Facebook and Twitter. Same guy who put up one of the best seasons in recent memory (Miguel Cabrera probably the only dude with better) while playing 399 straight games. Giving up on him is flat out uneducated.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Villain and Outlaw on this one.

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate Kemp at all, is one of my favorite players, but as a organization the Dodgers will have to make a decision on him, that may already have been made due to his contract, but we have 3 outfielders capable of winning other than Kemp, we've won all season without him too, would we be better if he was healthy? of course we would but by how much, if we can get another solid pitcher for him and a solid prospect we may have to consider it, or we could just let him heal, I will be happy either way, my only concern is his health and he's not getting younger...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Villain and Outlaw on this one.

I agree, too. Kemp is a super talent. The injuries are part of the game and they are frustrating, but these things happen.

If Kemp made less money I suspect we wouldn't be addressing this question to any great degree. Ramirez and Ethier have been banged up this year, too, and no one has been critical of them.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate Kemp at all, is one of my favorite players, but as a organization the Dodgers will have to make a decision on him, that may already have been made due to his contract, but we have 3 outfielders capable of winning other than Kemp,

Not really. Ethier is barely healthy for the playoffs, not to mention that Crawford has seen more than his share of time on the DL. It's only a matter of time before Yasiel Puig misses a month with a injury after crashing into a wall or something. You need 4 outfielders - especially when two of them (Ethier and Crawford) have such drastic platoon splits.

The Dodgers need Matt Kemp. You can't sustain success without a regular Center Fielder. Come on, now.

we've won all season without him too, would we be better if he was healthy? of course we would but by how much, if we can get another solid pitcher for him and a solid prospect we may have to consider it, or we could just let him heal, I will be happy either way, my only concern is his health and he's not getting younger...

You can't and you won't. And drop all of this "he's not getting any younger" crap. He's not even 30 yet. He won't be 30 until the end of next September. He still has at least 3 more years of his prime left to go.