• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kemp needs to go

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanley has a broken rib, I'm waiting on BUD to call him soft too. Billingsley is tough in his eyes though lol!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Kemp is at 100% for a year and sucks it up, then you can talk shit. Until then, players get injured, it happens, and it's nothing to get all up in arms about. As far as what happens next year with 4 outfielders? Let it figure itself out. The three best start. If the 4th isn't far behind, I'd keep him around for PH, DH, and to give anyone a rest as the season progresses, or in case anyone gets hurt. None of this is a big deal. I hope he comes back next year and proves everyone wrong who is calling for him to get traded.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp isn't going nowhere but I wouldn't be surprised to see on e of them gone, we could use another starter

If your solution is to dig one hole to fill another, then don't be surprised when nothing gets accomplished.

I think if Kemp is at 100% for a year and sucks it up, then you can talk shit. Until then, players get injured, it happens, and it's nothing to get all up in arms about. As far as what happens next year with 4 outfielders? Let it figure itself out. The three best start. If the 4th isn't far behind, I'd keep him around for PH, DH, and to give anyone a rest as the season progresses, or in case anyone gets hurt. None of this is a big deal. I hope he comes back next year and proves everyone wrong who is calling for him to get traded.

Yeah. There is little incentive and zero urgency to get rid of one of the four outfielders. This team has barely played many games with 3 of them at 100%. The replacement that would come in at the price of trading Ethier or Crawford would not be worth it. This team rakes in plenty of cash to be able to eat those contracts.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your solution is to dig one hole to fill another, then don't be surprised when nothing gets accomplished.

Yeah. There is little incentive and zero urgency to get rid of one of the four outfielders. This team has barely played many games with 3 of them at 100%. The replacement that would come in at the price of trading Ethier or Crawford would not be worth it. This team rakes in plenty of cash to be able to eat those contracts.

I'd still try to get some BP help, it's not like all our outfielders made big contributions in the postseason, Eithier just disappeared like he always does in the postseason, he needs to go for sure, as for Kemp? Good luck with that walking band aid.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still try to get some BP help, it's not like all our outfielders made big contributions in the postseason, Eithier just disappeared like he always does in the postseason, he needs to go for sure, as for Kemp? Good luck with that walking band aid.

Okay, but who do you replace these guys with? Ethier was hurt in the playoffs which is why he played poorly. Who do you sign to fill Ethier's hole? Who plays CF when you trade Kemp? You do realize that Ethier has about ZERO trade value so you'd really just be paying a team to take him and then creating a hole on your own roster. Someone has to fill that void.

For what? A bullpen arm? You know that this team has plenty in the system already, right? Bullpen guys are not that hard to find. You'd really want to trade an MVP caliber CF for help in the bullpen? :scratch:

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but who do you replace these guys with? Ethier was hurt in the playoffs which is why he played poorly. Who do you sign to fill Ethier's hole? Who plays CF when you trade Kemp? You do realize that Ethier has about ZERO trade value so you'd really just be paying a team to take him and then creating a hole on your own roster. Someone has to fill that void.

For what? A bullpen arm? You know that this team has plenty in the system already, right? Bullpen guys are not that hard to find. You'd really want to trade an MVP caliber CF for help in the bullpen? :scratch:

Kemp isn't going nowhere but Ethier might, Kemp looks like he'll be ready to go as long as he doesn't have any setbacks but it looks he won't be able to go full tilt till around January, I have no idea who they might go after in the bullpen if at all, Paco really fell off in September which sucked cause he looked solid till then, he may have just had a tired arm but his fall off concerns me.
It's always nice to have 4 solid outfielders with our injury history out there so we'll see.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp isn't going nowhere but Ethier might, Kemp looks like he'll be ready to go as long as he doesn't have any setbacks but it looks he won't be able to go full tilt till around January, I have no idea who they might go after in the bullpen if at all, Paco really fell off in September which sucked cause he looked solid till then, he may have just had a tired arm but his fall off concerns me.
It's always nice to have 4 solid outfielders with our injury history out there so we'll see.

I am hoping that the surgeries clean up everything. A healthy Kemp and Ramirez will do wonders for the team.

How does Ramirez heal from the fractured rib? I don't think surgery would be the answer, but I am not a doctor or trainer. I am assuming rest.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Picking on Paco now, too....

:L

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that the surgeries clean up everything. A healthy Kemp and Ramirez will do wonders for the team.

How does Ramirez heal from the fractured rib? I don't think surgery would be the answer, but I am not a doctor or trainer. I am assuming rest.

You can't do anything but rest. Bones don't take too long to heal (in comparison to ligaments). If the extent of the injury is a fractured rib (that he attempted to play with), then he will be fine. And yeah, you just rest. No need for surgery.

sublime4eva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Picking on Paco now, too....

:L

Not at all, everyone saw his drop off in September, hopefully it was just a glitch in his movement or placement of his pitches, I think he'll be important to our success as a team next season as a set up man, that's all, so their is some concern there.