• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kelly announces Foles as Starter going forward.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly announces Foles as starter going Forward. So even if Vick is healthy, the job belongs to Foles. Go Eagles!

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it should be. It's about time he sacked up and made the call.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep - the way Foles has played these past games and the success the Eagles have had with him at the helm there wasn't a viable argument to remove him from the starting role

Kelly doesn't strike me as dumb.
He probably had already made the decision to go with Foles the rest of the season privately within his head and maybe inner circle

But as you said announcing it publicly Kelly manned up and made a head coach decision. Now that lingering question is answered and not hanging around distracting the team and Eagles can get on with the business at hand - winning the division and getting into the playoffs!

:yahoo:

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before getting into the playoffs, they have to beat Arizona on Sunday.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before getting into the playoffs, they have to beat Arizona on Sunday.

Arizona has won 4 straight, plus they gave the Colts a sound licking. This should be a close game, however, I pick the Eagles to win: 27 -23.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was baffled after the first game of the year where the Eagles crushed the Redskins with that dynamic new offense. Then at the post game conference Vick complained and wasn't happy. He was talking about they ran more plays in the first half than they would normally would in two games. Vick had a frown on his face. I thought he would be jacked up about how that offense was unstoppable. I'm glad he's not starting the rest of the year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah Chipper was playing a little poker is all, I think Snowdog hit it on the head that he knew all along he was gonna go with Vick, hell even Vick knew it......

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was baffled after the first game of the year where the Eagles crushed the Redskins with that dynamic new offense. Then at the post game conference Vick complained and wasn't happy. He was talking about they ran more plays in the first half than they would normally would in two games. Vick had a frown on his face. I thought he would be jacked up about how that offense was unstoppable. I'm glad he's not starting the rest of the year.

WhatdaWhat??? What post game comments were u watching or reading? Vick didn't say or think any of that. Vick was overly excited after the first game. In fact, he wanted to run more plays. Vick has been nothing but a professional this year thru all of this. I'm cool with The Birds rolling with Foles. It is the right move.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 4 I watched the post game press conference. Vick seem turned off on so many plays being run. Like he knew he wouldn't last in the long run.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhatdaWhat??? What post game comments were u watching or reading? Vick didn't say or think any of that. Vick was overly excited after the first game. In fact, he wanted to run more plays. Vick has been nothing but a professional this year thru all of this. I'm cool with The Birds rolling with Foles. It is the right move.

Before I say anything I want to reiterate that I agree that Foles should be the starter the rest of the way.

I agree with 4 though - in my opinion Vick has been a professional while with the Eagles. I'll never have a beer with the guy but with respect to his tenure while with the Eagles I feel that Vick has been a stand up guy.

He'll be cut loose after this season most likely and someone will pick him up I'm sure. After he leaves the Eagles it makes no difference how he plays. But I do wish him well wherever he lands as long as it is not against the Eagles.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Go Eagles!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I say anything I want to reiterate that I agree that Foles should be the starter the rest of the way.

I agree with 4 though - in my opinion Vick has been a professional while with the Eagles. I'll never have a beer with the guy but with respect to his tenure while with the Eagles I feel that Vick has been a stand up guy!

Oh no question he has the whole time he was here, and I'm sure that he's thankful for AR and company for giving him that second chance, lets face the damages he had to pay back would have taken the rest of his life to pay off with a normal job, the Eagles set him up to take care of his past and put it all behind him if he performed well for a season and he did.....

But with all things changing in Philly, I believe he is the last major piece to be removed, this is Chipper's team now, and he needs his players, (younger of course)...

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Vick gave it all on the field. Was a tough guy for his size. Gave up his body. But I don't believe he gave it his all preparing for a game. He thought he could use his athleticism to get him and his team a win. Vick could of been a much better QB if he studied more before the game IMO.