• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keith Price

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... IS BACK

Not only back, but better than he has ever been. What a fucking warrior he is this year. Might be the best performance by a UW QB in a big game in a very long time. His 1 int in that game was on a tipped ball that may still be his fault for not either seeing the defender or throwing it higher, but it wasn't an errant pass or a bad read. He moved the ball through the air with some incredible passing especially down the sidelines and with his feet when he needed to. He avoided the very good pass rush much better than he ever has before and kept plays alive by moving the pocket and rolling out. More, he never panicked when rolling out and didn't try and force any plays. That was as complete of a game as he has ever shown and to have it come on the road should have ever UW fan totally pumped for the rest of our games.

No one has been a bigger critic of his over the last year and I'm here to say my questions of him and his heart are FUCKING OVER. He is exactly who we wanted him to be over the last two years and I say better late than never. I can't wait to see what he does against Oregon and the rest of the Pac this season.

Give your shout outs to him here. This guy now deserves our full and undivided support. What a complete and total stud he is turning into.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks great. Amazing what a difference an offensive line makes. Last year he looked timid and scared most of the time, and for good reason as we all know.

Would be awesome if he could put together the best game of his career next week!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the OL but I also think his knee was hurt alot more then they were letting the public know, either way the kid is playing great football right now.....

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him over Hogan, truth be told. Great game again last night folks.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was high on Price 2 seasons ago, last year I called him the best in the pac to start the year. Then all hell broke loose and he made me eat my words all season. :lol:

I'm happy for him that he's found his confidence once again.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is healthy and has a seasoned line and that helps, but I think the move to uptempo was the biggest reason for his jump. He no longer tries to think. He just goes through his reads and reacts. It is the style of play that has him making smarter decisions because he is thinking far less. Just my opinion.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is healthy and has a seasoned line and that helps, but I think the move to uptempo was the biggest reason for his jump. He no longer tries to think. He just goes through his reads and reacts. It is the style of play that has him making smarter decisions because he is thinking far less. Just my opinion.

Could very well be. Some players do better with different styles.

I think the main thing is the line personally. But I'm sure all the changes have had a positive effect.

Some schools always have great looking college qb's because of the system/style whatever you want to call it, but they do nothing in the pros. :whistle:

Price did great in 2011 under a different style, then not so great last year. Now he's doing great again with a new style of play. He's a smart QB. He just gets happy feet under pressure. I think in the right situation he will do quite well at the next level.

Looking at his draft prospects I found this snippet;

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10/01/13 - It's been a great start this season for Washington. A big key has been an improved O-line as QB Keith Price has been playing better than ever. Price told me a few weeks before the season that his problems last season were due to him not trusting trusting his teammates and how they had to build that trust this off-season. It must be back now. He's completing over 72 percent of his passes, up from 61 percent last year. Better still, Price has only been sacked three times this season in four games, well below the 37 times he was sacked in 2012. - Bruce Feldman, CBSSports.com

[/SIZE][/FONT]

CortezTheKilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price looked unbelievable in that Stanford game. He seems like he's really taken that next step in becoming a really great QB.
On another note, I don't think his friendship with Russell Wilson can be understated. He looks like he's really trying to incorporate the ability to extend the play with his legs while looking downfield, throwing accurately on the run. I saw that on several plays against Stanford, including that last one on 4th down that ended up being overturned, and it really is reminiscent of the kind of plays I see Russell making on Sundays. It doesn't hurt that the up tempo O makes D-linemen get tired of chasing him on those type of plays as the game goes on. All in all, bravo to Keith and looking forward to a wild Saturday on Montlake this week.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was the OL but I also think his knee was hurt alot more then they were letting the public know, either way the kid is playing great football right now.....

I agree that the Oline and knee were the major reasons for his performance in 2012. He was under orders to reduce the risk of any hits to his knee which constricted his game even more.

But I think he also took way more heat than he should of in 2012, but then again, QBs always take too much of the blame when things go bad, and too much of the glory when times are good.

This was a team that still beat teams like Furd and Oregon St. last year. Ranked teams that were playing great ball.

It's great to see Price having the season he is right now. Everything is clicking with the team at the right time.