• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keep on keepin on Brandon Belt

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jay "I beat my girlfriend" Mariotti?

BTW, talk about a career implosion - look at what mariotti is reduced to:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay "I beat my girlfriend" Mariotti?

BTW, talk about a career implosion - look at what mariotti is reduced to:

Luckily for Jay, being a horrible person has nothing to do with his sports knowledge, but he should never write about soccer.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Belt update from last night:

3 for 4, a triple short of the cycle, a walk, and a stolen base.

Wonder if he sold popcorn at the 7th inning stretch too?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Belt take NO walks while down there, though. There is no question he has the eye. He needs to work on his aggressiveness. Let him turn into '10 Panda for a week or so to see how he rakes.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would like to see Belt take NO walks while down there, though. There is no question he has the eye. He needs to work on his aggressiveness. Let him turn into '10 Panda for a week or so to see how he rakes.

This is going to seem like a no shit statement, but given his current skill set the only change in approach I think he needs to make is recognizing a pitch to hit. We've seen that he has big time power, and that he has good strike zone recognition, he just needs to refine his game plan a bit. So yes he needs to be more aggressive, but he needs to find a way to incorporate that into his current approach by getting ahead and knowing in which counts he's going to get a pitch to drive and letting it fly. :washing:...who the fuck decided to make a smiley face that's doing laundry?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WOW!!!!

Ishiwawa has a 37.5% K rate in FRESNO. 72 ab 27 K 5 BB

Belt's current Bondsian slash line : /.458/.594/.833 OPS 1.427

Fresno Stats

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Belt went to Fresno and immediately became the hottest hitter in the known universe. I say keep him there AT LEAST another couple weeks and then give him another shot (I WANT him to experience some failure down there and come back from it). I suspect the advanced game in the MLB just got him on his heals and he was not able to regain his balance.

Now that he has his feet under him again, he needs to get back on the horse.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another odd side effect of Belt being in Fresno...

Brett Pill played 2B yesterday....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, Belt went to Fresno and immediately became the hottest hitter in the known universe. I say keep him there AT LEAST another couple weeks and then give him another shot (I WANT him to experience some failure down there and come back from it). I suspect the advanced game in the MLB just got him on his heals and he was not able to regain his balance.

Now that he has his feet under him again, he needs to get back on the horse.

Maybe, but I only saw him look defeated in a couple of ABs. I'm convinced he would have righted himself soon enough had he stayed up. But, bottom line, it was numbers game when Ross came back, and Belt wasn't doing anything to keep himself in the bigs right at that moment.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I only saw him look defeated in a couple of ABs. I'm convinced he would have righted himself soon enough had he stayed up. But, bottom line, it was numbers game when Ross came back, and Belt wasn't doing anything to keep himself in the bigs right at that moment.

+1. I was surprised when he made the club out of ST. I'm glad that he's getting time in the OF, as there is no room at the inn at 1b as long as we're paying Huff Daddy the big bucks.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1. I was surprised when he made the club out of ST. I'm glad that he's getting time in the OF, as there is no room at the inn at 1b as long as we're paying Huff Daddy the big bucks.

Just like Posey playing at 1B, Belt will have to be flexible. But we all want him at 1B eventually.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no...

He began to let his lack of tangible success get to his head. He was relying too much on his STELLAR eye, and was thus caught flat footed against the heat on the corners and the slider. It was becoming a bit of a spiral, IMHO.

Sending him down, and seeing his IMMEDIATE success is very good to see. However, like I said previously, I would like to see him get into a slump and then get himself out of it. He never really got into a slump last year, so he does not, yet, know how to grind his way out of one. He got into a bad slump in SF, and there was just too much pressure to win and produce, as well as the roster crunch, that he was not able to grind out of it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a crazy option, but what if we call up Belt, put him at first and slide Huff over to third?

Huff does have 360 games, 2900 innings over there. Granted, the last time he played over there was in 2008, but the last time he played the outfield before last season was 2006.

Yes, the defense over there would suck huge balls, but I don't think Fontenot plays good enough D to makeup for the bats of Huff/Belt.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes and no...

He began to let his lack of tangible success get to his head. He was relying too much on his STELLAR eye, and was thus caught flat footed against the heat on the corners and the slider. It was becoming a bit of a spiral, IMHO.

Sending him down, and seeing his IMMEDIATE success is very good to see. However, like I said previously, I would like to see him get into a slump and then get himself out of it. He never really got into a slump last year, so he does not, yet, know how to grind his way out of one. He got into a bad slump in SF, and there was just too much pressure to win and produce, as well as the roster crunch, that he was not able to grind out of it.

This is where we disagree. It looked to me like the reaction most of us have when we realize what we're doing isn't working and we need to modify our game plan. One might random walk for a brief period before finding a direction that does work.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This may be a crazy option, but what if we call up Belt, put him at first and slide Huff over to third?

Huff does have 360 games, 2900 innings over there. Granted, the last time he played over there was in 2008, but the last time he played the outfield before last season was 2006.

Yes, the defense over there would suck huge balls, but I don't think Fontenot plays good enough D to makeup for the bats of Huff/Belt.

While I think it's a gutsy move, I think it also sends a panic mode message that the Giants would never want to send.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah...DeRo is back in a week and he'll play third until Panda gets back. Fonty will probably split time with Miggy at SS.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...DeRo is back in a week and he'll play third until Panda gets back. Fonty will probably split time with Miggy at SS.

getting Derosa regular AB's could pay dividends down the road - whether they keep or trade him.