• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD a little testy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue with what KD said is that he backed off and apologized. Fuck the media. A bunch of them have been crying like a dumped girlfriend about how they voted him MVP last year.

So what? They went after his coach and teammates and he did what a leader should do and ripped them for it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue with what KD said is that he backed off and apologized. Fuck the media. A bunch of them have been crying like a dumped girlfriend about how they voted him MVP last year.

So what? They went after his coach and teammates and he did what a leader should do and ripped them for it.

Exactly. I have no issue if he dislikes the media but just own it if you do....don't back out of what you said a few days later

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that what he said was necessarily an apology. I like what he said about how some are saying he is biting the hand that feeds him. He said he would like to have that explained to him because he doesn't remember any of those people when he was 8 years old.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that what he said was necessarily an apology. I like what he said about how some are saying he is biting the hand that feeds him. He said he would like to have that explained to him because he doesn't remember any of those people when he was 8 years old.

Official apology or not, I just don't think that he needed to explain himself or say it was a bad day. If the media doesn't like players calling them out for writing and saying stupid shit, then they should stop writing and saying stupid shit.

He's right too. The media wasn't there when he was 8 and they aren't the hands that feed him anyway, the fans are the hands that feed him.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything wrong with what KD said either. I actually find it funny that everyone in the media is in such a frenzy about the comments he made. If anything the media should thank KD. What he said just gave them 2-3 days worth of stories and things to talk about.

The one thing that did stand out to me and seems to have ruffled KD's feather the most is when someone said that KD is "biting the hand that feeds him"

...really?

So now the media is taking credit for the image and the success that Durant has made for himself? I will say that for a superstar, Durant gets it pretty easy with the media. But that's mostly because of the way he presents himself on and off the court. His hard work and dedication has gotten him to where he is today. His character and the moral support around him has shaped him into the man he is now. Not the media.

With all that said though...players like KD need to realize the media is just doing their job. Yes, sometimes they do misconstrue words or take things out of context...but that's just how things work. Unfortunately in this age of journalism, getting the story out their first is more important than accuracy and source checking. Getting the best headline takes precedent over everything.

I'm not a fan of that, but players like KD should know by now that that's how things work with the media. Ignore it and move on...or be real and let your true thoughts out like he did this time around...but don't back off from it.