• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your avatar is hilarious. Why would you be concerned about him being a good teammate? Before this year he's never been a problem to the Spurs. Maybe the team doctors (who really work for the organization & not the player) were pushing him to return when he knew he wasn't ready?
i get a "me me me" sense form him. now i admit ive seen him play little being a C's fan. i just see and hear things i dont like.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84

You are right, I was wrong.

It's completely alright. LA has a lot to offer. But, Pop already has to deal with GS and Houston. Why would he want to make the Lakers more enticing for Lebron by adding the 3rd best player in the league who's in his prime?

Houston's going to be elite as long as Paul can go (I predict 3 more years at his level). GS will have some serious discussions financially probably after next season.

San Antonio will likely go into rebuild. But with Pop and that scouting department, I give them a couple of years before they're a pain in the ass again. If Kawhi wants in LA so bad, if I'm Pop, I let Kawhi figure it out once he's a FA agent next season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A feeling of betrayal? Lmao

This league is filled with a whole bunch of really tall drama queens.

What else would you call it?

He has been the poster child for the low maintenance NBA star. He said he wasn't ready, yet the Spurs very publically put him on blast and made it known they felt he should have been playing. Kawhi's most veteran teammates and Pop all took their turns taking shots at Kawhi while he said absolutely nothing to media.

Quite simply, that is not how you treat a key player you have any interest in keeping in your organization. Literally could not have been handled worse by the Spurs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a total Kings move for them to trade #2 for Kawhi and Kawhi leaves next summer
Plus you know the Spurs would turn Doncic into a perennial all star superstar.

Doncic already doesn’t want to be in Sacramento.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else would you call it?

He has been the poster child for the low maintenance NBA star. He said he wasn't ready, yet the Spurs very publically put him on blast and made it known they felt he should have been playing. Kawhi's most veteran teammates and Pop all took their turns taking shots at Kawhi while he said absolutely nothing to media.

Quite simply, that is not how you treat a key player you have any interest in keeping in your organization. Literally could not have been handled worse by the Spurs.
True, but I don’t think the Spurs deserve 100% blame.I think Kawhi needs to be more transparent and less of an introvert. Especially towards his own organization.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I don’t think the Spurs deserve 100% blame.I think Kawhi needs to be more transparent and less of an introvert. Especially towards his own organization.

why do people throw around the word introvert like it's a bad thing?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is when you're on a huge public platform that makes revenue off their players market-ability. Introvert for an average person isn't a negative. It is if you're required to do tons of media on a daily basis.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rare air for the Spurs....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t mean it as a bad thing. Just communicate with your employer and especially your peers. Does he even have a connection to his teammates?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News to me as well.
i never said anyone called him that. i said thats the sense i get from a guy i rarely see.

is this the politics forum where they dont reed two good?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is who he is and who he has always been.

My understanding is that he broke off communication after the Spurs threw him under the bus. Not his fault at all. But, he has handled it in a very odd way that probably only Kawhi would.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel like this Leonard, PG, LBJ thing might actually have some legs now. He can always demand the Lakers, Leonard is from Compton.

Yes. He played basketball at Canyon Springs in Mo Vall and MLK in Riverside.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get a "me me me" sense form him. now i admit ive seen him play little being a C's fan. i just see and hear things i dont like.

If there are 2 stars in the league who aren't me first players, they are Steph Curry and Kawhi. Kawhi has been the ultimate team player his entire career until the drama last year.