• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference is that the Celtics play defense, something the Cavs just don't understand. The Celtics don't rely on one guy to elevate the team, they elevate as a team.

What can the Lakers offer the Spurs that would be so great that the Spurs could not turn it down? Second, Kawhi is not a "Must Trade". The Spurs do not HAVE to trade him. Finally, the Spurs don't have to trade him to the Lakers or the Celtics, they can trade his ass to Brooklyn or even Philadelphia. Philly would be more than willing to give up a ransom for him, especially if they can snag LBJ.

It's NOT a two team race.

It is not a two team race. And Boston defintely has the most trade assets to give up. But, you and a couple other Celtic fans don't seem willing to give up anything approaching fair value for the game's best 2 way player. If Ainge won't pay the price, other teams can outbid them.

While SA does not HAVE to trade Kawhi, they could haul some very nice prospects in return. They are not really in position to completely bottom out either, so losing Kawhi for nothing would be incredibly stupid.

As for the Lakers?

If they offer up Ball, Ingram and a pick that trumps anything Ainge or Philly will want to pay. Philly isn't trading Embiid or Simmons and without including those 2, they don't have the assets Boston or LA does.

While there might be a team that comes out of nowhere with a strong package, it is unlikely because Kawhi is just a 1 year rental for non contenders.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Kyrie and Hayward you were not going to take the Warriors 7 games in the Finals. Let alone actually win it. Take the homer goggles off now.

Like my father used to say......................"Opinions are like assholes,. We all have one, and they all stink."

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, with all this trade talk, in the end Leonard probably signs an extension.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like my father used to say......................"Opinions are like assholes,. We all have one, and they all stink."

This is a message board. Everyone has opinions. Mine may stink to you because I'm not stroking your dick with my opinion. But yours is completely devoid of any logic.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end the Spurs will probably take less in order to keep him from the Lakers. The league will try to keep the Lakers down just like they did with CP3 and when PG wanted to be traded there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker IMO drove the nail in the coffin essentially.

I think he dropkicked kawhi into the coffin.

The March gangbang put the nail in it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a two team race. And Boston defintely has the most trade assets to give up. But, you and a couple other Celtic fans don't seem willing to give up anything approaching fair value for the game's best 2 way player. If Ainge won't pay the price, other teams can outbid them.

While SA does not HAVE to trade Kawhi, they could haul some very nice prospects in return. They are not really in position to completely bottom out either, so losing Kawhi for nothing would be incredibly stupid.

As for the Lakers?

If they offer up Ball, Ingram and a pick that trumps anything Ainge or Philly will want to pay. Philly isn't trading Embiid or Simmons and without including those 2, they don't have the assets Boston or LA does.

While there might be a team that comes out of nowhere with a strong package, it is unlikely because Kawhi is just a 1 year rental for non contenders.

Name the last superstar trade where the team moving he star got fair value.

Kyrie alone is better than most of these teams end up doing. It is very hard to trade a Star in the nba. Usually your best bet is picks.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie alone is better than most of these teams end up doing. It is very hard to trade a Star in the nba. Usually your best bet is picks.

That is why if you are the Spurs, you are taking the Kings talk of the second pick very seriously.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely agree. Often times trading star players means you get quarters back on a dollar. As you've mentioned, trying to garner picks out of the trade is the best possible outcome going forward.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end the Spurs will probably take less in order to keep him from the Lakers. The league will try to keep the Lakers down just like they did with CP3 and when PG wanted to be traded there.

That was the direction the Pacers wanted to go in.

They didn't want to succumb to Paul George's demands. And although they took the lesser deal at the time, looking back at it, they actually won the trade with OKC; that's if Paul George leaves the Thunder. Oladipo looks like he's going to be an all star caliber player at age 26.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a "fan."

We don't claim whoever that is. Man ain't even gone yet and he hasn't done anything wrong.

Now you know how us Cleveland fans felt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you still think this.

I have been telling since about February that Kawhi is gone.

And if you were in Kawhi's shoes, my bet is it would take more than money to repair the broken trust. The problem is that both sides feel like the victim here, but the Spurs went way too far with the public attacks. Nothing they can do to fix that now.

Because they haven't sat down face to face yet. It definitely looks bad and both sides have their fair share of blame in this.

Maybe meeting face to face won't fix it, but until I hear that the Spurs are actively shopping him/accepting offers, I'm gonna think they'll work it out.

Kawhi has 219 million reasons to at least give the Spurs a meeting.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they haven't sat down face to face yet. It definitely looks bad and both sides have their fair share of blame in this.

Maybe meeting face to face won't fix it, but until I hear that the Spurs are actively shopping him/accepting offers, I'm gonna think they'll work it out.

Kawhi has 219 million reasons to at least give the Spurs a meeting.
You could be right, and so far Is Kawhi has not requested for a trade, but I tend to believe that the relationship is broken if the trust is broken like Lance says. You don' ever trust a person again once they have broken it. I've been down that road too many times. ANYTHING is still possible though

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name the last superstar trade. Shaq? The Lakers didn't exactly get peanuts in return.

Top 5 players are almost never traded.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. As A Lakers Fan, I thought that trade for CP3 was lopsided for the Lakers to begin with and that was Stern. ADAM Silver is his own man and the league doesn not own the Pelicans or any team, so Silver can' pull the crap David Stern did

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for the Lakers?

Agree. No doubt that both Boston and Philly will kick the tires on Kawhi. The problem is what does Kawhi really want? Does he want to be a Laker bad enough that he'll refuse to re-sign with anyone else? Or does he just want to go to what he feels is a better situation with the Lakers merely being his first choice?

I don't see Boston or Philly giving up veryh much of what they have for a guy who may very well be a 1 year rental.

OKC was able to take a chance on PG as a 1 year rental because they weren't going to be contenders with just Westbrook anyway. So, if PG walks away, they are in essentially the same place they were before they traded for PG.

The Celtics and Sixers are already contenders. If they give up much of what makes them contenders and Kawhi walks after the season, they have set themselves back a good bit over a 1 year rental.

Don't see either of them being willing to take that risk.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as LBJ, PG and Kawhi all going to LA, Magic has to be a magic act. He's got a couple of Albatross contracts that he absolutely has to get rid of and those are only 2 years old. They were given during the 2016 Cap Boom when teams were signing everyone to mega contracts figuring they had money to burn. If Magic can pull it off, he'll have a team that can challenge the Warriors but will absolutely nothing left in the pot if injuries or anything else happens.

Actually, he only has 1 albatross contract to get rid of. The Mozgov contract was moved to New Jersey along with DeAngelo Russell.

To sign 2 max guys, they only need to stretch Deng's contract. But if they want to pull off the Lebron/PG?Kawhi pipe dream, then they have to unload Deng.

Magic has said, "Just let me in the room with them." We'll see if he can turn on the charm and get something done. I'm not too worried either way. There are so many factors at play this off-season and so few max level guys available that the odds are kind of against the Lakers this year.

It's very possible that the current FA's may look at the Lakers youngsters and decide they need another season of development.

If they don't get anyone this off-season, they just need to stick to what Magic has said and "not spend money just to spend money" so that they have the space to try again next off-season in what should be a deeper FA class.

That wouldn't be too bad either because next off-season Deng's contract will be expiring and much easier to move.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the last superstar trade. Shaq? The Lakers didn't exactly get peanuts in return.

Stop it. What the Lakers got back wasn't peanuts...but it sure as hell wasn't very close to equal value.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brian grant Odom Caron Butler and a late first?

The kg trade is probably the best example.

Kyrie is better than anything minny got for KG. Kyrie Plus clipper pick and 27 blows away anything anyone else got.