• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sell the shoes Leonard needs to do things

Play of the Lakers

Still be the second best in the NBA and remain worthy of the Lakers

I think he can do both - but I think he needs the Lakers more than the Lakers need him

I think you need to take off the homer goggles. Looking at the free agents of next class, you already have some that look like they're going in different directions:

Kyrie - Not going to LA because he doesn't want to play with Lebron.

Butler - Likely going to play with Irving.

Klay - Possible that he goes to the Lakers. But I would venture that he likes his situation in Golden State. On top of that, I'll take a healthy Kawhi over Klay Thompson.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to take off the homer goggles. Looking at the free agents of next class, you already have some that look like they're going in different directions:

Klay - Possible that he goes to the Lakers. But I would venture that he likes his situation in Golden State. On top of that, I'll take a healthy Kawhi over Klay Thompson.
I would take Leonard over any FA next season....but I think Thompson would fit the best because of his outside shooting.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are deluding yourself if you think this is true.

Yes, he wants to be in LA for reasons that extend beyond basketball. But he wouldn't be there if he didn't think the Lakers would be contenders eventually.

The rep he has gotten for "holding the franchise to the fire" to surround him with more talent is a bit unfair. Yes, he did that to Gilbert. And it was 100% necessary. If he had signed a 4 year deal there, they would not have won a title.

LeBron trusts Magic, he wants stability for his family and he knows they probably weren't beating GS this year anyway. So he is okay taking the long view.
This.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Leonard over any FA next season....but I think Thompson would fit the best because of his outside shooting.

Thompson would be great. Perfect two-way player and a guy that can take over games by himself sometimes.

But, this is in relation to TLF trying to downplay Kawhi for other potential free agents next class. Outside of Durant (whom probably is going to stay with the Warriors), Kawhi's the best player (potentially) available.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson would be great. Perfect two-way player and a guy that can take over games by himself sometimes.

But, this is in relation to TLF trying to downplay Kawhi for other potential free agents next class. Outside of Durant (whom probably is going to stay with the Warriors), Kawhi's the best player (potentially) available.
I know.

He's an idiot/shameless homer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how James and Leonard would fit since they both play the same position..
Think we'd be better with Thompson or a player like him at SG.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how James and Leonard would fit since they both play the same position..

Positionless basketball, my friend. Lebron could move to the 4, hell, even the 1 if needed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers would be able to play essentially positionless basketball, so it wouldn't matter.

Between Lebron, Ingram, Kawhi and Ball...you have 4 guys who can all handle the ball and play multiple positions. All have length and athleticism.

The Lakers could even have their own version of the Warriors "death lineup" by putting Lebron at the 5 and bringing in Hart or Kuzma off the bench.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would be able to play essentially positionless basketball, so it wouldn't matter.

Between Lebron, Ingram, Kawhi and Ball...you have 4 guys who can all handle the ball and play multiple positions. All have length and athleticism.

The Lakers could even have their own version of the Warriors "death lineup" by putting Lebron at the 5 and bringing in Hart or Kuzma off the bench.
I see James playing some 5.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So excited for next season.....even if we get swept in the 1st round.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep your filthy purple hands off Klay or I will cut you.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to worry about Klay going to La La Land. Because he's going to Boston.

Not bloody likely considering who his dad is. And how much weed he smokes.

It's Golden State re-up (90%) or LA Lakers (10%)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't want Irving. He doesn't want to play with LeBron any way

You don't any more then I do about what Butler or Play will do, but I tend to agree likely. Last i heard, he wants to be a Warrior for his entire career, but the Lakers will find someone, so I am keeping my Lakers goggles. It's the Heat goggles I threw into the garbage

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bloody likely considering who his dad is. And how much weed he smokes.

It's Golden State re-up (90%) or LA Lakers (10%)

Massachusetts has legal weed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medicinal only though, right? Not that an NBA star can't get as much as he wants anywhere.

They now have recreational. Ran across an article in bostonglobe.com. It's dated 3-12-18. Everything you need to know about Massachusetts' new pot rules

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They now have recreational. Ran across an article in bostonglobe.com. The article is dated 3-12-18. Everything you need to know about Massachusetts' new pot rules
Very cool I had no idea, when does it go into effect? In CA they voted it in on a Nov 2016 ballot initiative but it didn't kick in until 2018.

According to this Here's where you can legally smoke marijuana in 2018

it was approved but the pot shops have been delayed in opening in MA