• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaps off season comments.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks his memory is flawed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 301

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No use crying over spilled milk. To throw three consecutive times to Kap's man crush cost the Niners the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has an excuse for everything.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a story when Kap says it but not when Roman says it before the beginning of the season? Sheesh

Third-and-goal from the 5, 1:55 remaining: This one was the killer. Kaepernick lined up in the Pistol, with Gore to his immediate right. It was a read-option play, in theory, but it essentially was a quarterback counter. Kaepernick, after a step backward, was going to run behind right guard Alex Boone and Gore, each of whom was pulling left.

Roman was sure the quarterback was going to score. He was sure the Ravens' coaches were sure a touchdown was imminent. Yet with the play clock nearing zero, Harbaugh called timeout. Chalk it up to the downside of having turned over an offense to a tantalizingly talented but inexperienced quarterback in November. Harbaugh and Roman took a calculated risk, and it was a split-second away from paying off.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he would've said the same thing if he was the one that called the timeout. But it sounds like he just blamed Harbaugh for the Super Bowl loss.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no it doesn't

Actually, it's an opinion. I don't think he does blame Harbaugh, as my first sentence indicates. Just saying that saying the timeout cost them as opposed to the time it took to get the play set, sounds like it. I was talking about appearances not about what he thinks. Again, it's opinion and we disagree.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. He is doing a great job. He isn't saying anything bad.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks his memory is flawed

Someone should show him that picture, he wasn't even close to getting that ball off in time. They very well could have had the right play call in and could have got the TD but to say that you would have gotten it off in time is ridiculous.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the question was (context), just saw this:

* Like Kaepernick last week, Smith also noted that the 49ers had an excellent call against the Ravens at the end of the 2013 Super Bowl.

"We did have a call on there as the clock was running down and it's close," he said. "It could have been a delay of game, which you don't want to take there inside the 10 (yard line) with the game on the line. We ended up taking a timeout. That's tough to say. If we had gotten it off, who knows what would have happened. They (the Ravens) rolled the dice down there. They were bringing the house and the ball's got to come out quick in that case. Split-second precision that it takes to execute, and it was off just a touch on some of that stuff. It's tough."

Editor's note. If the 49ers had not called a time out, it definitely would have been a delay-of-game penalty. The officials threw flags on the play because the play clock had expired. Those flags were picked up when it was determined that Harbaugh had called time out.

Read more here: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Alex Smith at Pebble Beach. But where's his caddy?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is referring to 2 different plays. The timeout play would've been a Kaepernick run. But the last play or the one after the timeout, was one that had to be quick, which is what he said.