• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap post game

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't worry. I am here to save this dying subforum

Well when you're ready to start saving, by all means, do so. In this thread you're coming across as someone who is discussing something he doesn't actually know about. You're questioning the intelligence of a man who scored very high on the wonderlic, graduated early from college with a Bachelor's in business mgmnt.

But hey, he isn't smart because he isn't forthcoming with information to the press. Know who else isn't smart by that standard? Bill Belicheck.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
From another thread:

Guys like Geno aren't long for this league. Bad teammate, can't read a defense, relies too heavily on physical talents, terrible in the film room.

I shutter when I read this because it's true and because I see a little of that in Kaepernick. He's a great teammate, but he's yet to show that he can read a defense (except for pre-snap stuff; he's pretty good at that). I just see him make the same stupid mistakes over and over again (running out of bounds for a loss, throwing 95 MPH to a guy 6 yards in front of him, not getting the play ready on time, etc) and I hope that it's because he's inexperienced. But I fear it's because he just doesn't get it. I hope my fears are unfounded.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the troll calling out somebody who isn't a troll.

whysies, why are you still here? You have added nothing to this thread, and from what I've seen added nothing to this forum. Beat it.

Not a troll? Dude, you've been here for the same amount of time he has. Have you not read his posts?

Anyway I got the thread creator to explain what a "mobile quarterback" is and what's wrong with them. Turns out if they go to a small school that's a recipe for trouble. I'd say that's a pretty rock solid contribution.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He made a lot of mistakes again yesterday. The biggest mistakes so far for him this year has been his inablity to scan the entire field fast enough, missing open receivers. This has happened in every game so far this year. As soon as he breaks the pocket, believe me when I tell you that I see at least one receiver with a 5 step lead on a defender, but Kaep just misses it and continues to hold on to the ball and scramble out of bounds. I'm speculating that coaches are not asking him to go through much progressions (maybe one or two reads), but it has to be 3-4 reads then use your legs once you realized that your options are truly being covered. He's very slow in processing things IMO. Of course he can improve on those things, but it takes time maybe years

I stand corrected, some of the issues (his apparent flaw of not going through his progressions fast enough, is due to poor play by our offensive line unit. However, Kap is still at fault at times. Watching the games he tends to scramble out of bounds while missing an open receiver or two:

49ers vs. Rams film: Breaking down the sacks allowed by San Francisco - Niners Nation

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected, some of the issues (his apparent flaw of not going through his progressions fast enough, is due to poor play by our offensive line unit. However, Kap is still at fault at times. Watching the games he tends to scramble out of bounds while missing an open receiver or two:

49ers vs. Rams film: Breaking down the sacks allowed by San Francisco - Niners Nation

Week04Sack01.gif

Watching this play again, it was a screen pass where Kap simply held on to the ball too long. Criticizing him for missing Miller is not something I agree with anymore, even though I did while watching the game live. You can see Iupati turn the guy loose who pressured Kap and eventually got the sack as Iupati went to his right to start blocking for the RB. What progressions are there on a screen pass? They rarely go to anyone except the RB. Still not a good thing that Kap held on to the ball, either give the RB a chance or throw it at his feet.

BTW: I guess this is why the 49ers don't run more screen passes, because they fucking suck at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week04Sack01.gif

Watching this play again, it was a screen pass where Kap simply held on to the ball too long. Criticizing him for missing Miller is not something I agree with anymore, even though I did while watching the game live. You can see Iupati turn the guy loose who pressured Kap and eventually got the sack as Iupati went to his right to start blocking for the RB. What progressions are there on a screen pass? They rarely go to anyone except the RB. Still not a good thing that Kap held on to the ball, either give the RB a chance or throw it at his feet.

BTW: I guess this is why the 49ers don't run more screen passes, because they fucking suck at it.
Can't say I blame Kap on that play. It looked to me like a botched play...nobody for Kap to throw to in what was a designed play. JMO.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you're ready to start saving, by all means, do so. In this thread you're coming across as someone who is discussing something he doesn't actually know about. You're questioning the intelligence of a man who scored very high on the wonderlic, graduated early from college with a Bachelor's in business mgmnt.

But hey, he isn't smart because he isn't forthcoming with information to the press. Know who else isn't smart by that standard? Bill Belicheck.
:agree:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I blame Kap on that play. It looked to me like a botched play...nobody for Kap to throw to in what was a designed play. JMO.

Yeah, even if he would have got it to the RB... that LB who slipped past Boone right at the end of the GIF would have blown him up. The Rams also recognized the screen pretty quickly and recovered, those two guys are right there with the RB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree you cant blame Kap there.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you aren't watching the games. I watched the whole Houston game and he did nothing. I also watched the Carolina game another game he didn't do anything until the last drive. Overall both QBs haven't started out great.
STATS
Kap: 58% 856 yds 5 TDs 4 Ints(3 in 1 game) Sacked: 10 times: Rushing Yards: 141 yds
Wilson 61% 787 yds 6 TDs 3 ints: Sacked 13 Times Rushing yds: 131 yds

Not much of a difference. I hope this helps you understand whats happening between these 2 guys. Seattle D has let up 11.75 pts a game, 49ers D 23.75 pts a game. Big difference.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you aren't watching the games. I watched the whole Houston game and he did nothing. I also watched the Carolina game another game he didn't do anything until the last drive. Overall both QBs haven't started out great.
STATS
Kap: 58% 856 yds 5 TDs 4 Ints(3 in 1 game) Sacked: 10 times: Rushing Yards: 141 yds
Wilson 61% 787 yds 6 TDs 3 ints: Sacked 13 Times Rushing yds: 131 yds

Not much of a difference. I hope this helps you understand whats happening between these 2 guys. Seattle D has let up 11.75 pts a game, 49ers D 23.75 pts a game. Big difference.

Cherrypicking stats. So easy, a monkey can do it.

Wilson has played better defenses, not looked totally clueless doing it, and has won games by extending drives. Claiming he did nothing against Houston is a terrible argument. We get it. You're rooting for your guy and ignoring his performance on the field which is generating losses. But let's not pretend the stats tell the whole story of these two guys this season.