• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you more or less letting him off the hook keep this in mind. He's VERY MUCH rooting AGAINST your team this week. He NEEDS Seattle to lose to have any kind of added leverage.

He not only is putting your team in position to lose, he's literally banking on it.

That's your boy. That's the guy you are trying to maintain your love of.

Really? That's totally fucked up. He's not a Seahawk. He's a chump.

I have to agree with him. not so much for us to lose but for our defense to crumble and make it seem like we are desperate for him to come back. If we lose to the hawks 9-6 and our defense looked great than thats still a lose on his part. Also if our defense looks great than its going to look bad on him as if he is a product of our defense and he is overrated, which will be kept in mind when its time to ask for more money either with the hawks or whatever team has him

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on the latest press releases in the past hour or so, and what chancellor has said in them, i'm pretty sure he and the squawks will come to an agreement.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you more or less letting him off the hook keep this in mind. He's VERY MUCH rooting AGAINST your team this week. He NEEDS Seattle to lose to have any kind of added leverage.

He not only is putting your team in position to lose, he's literally banking on it.

Sadly, there is a good chance that's exactly what he'll be doing... If Seattle loses he's gonna think it improves his leverage... He also doesn't want to see Bailey go out there and kick ass ... I'm so mixed because I totally love Kam as a player, but right now I'm just shocked he's taken it this far...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Kam just wants his 2017 salary moved from that year to this year. So let me get this straight if the hawks decide to do this he will play and make almost 9 million this season, make the pro bowl then in 2017 he will just play to make 2.9 million no problems at all? He must think we are stupid or something

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Kam just wants his 2017 salary moved from that year to this year. So let me get this straight if the hawks decide to do this he will play and make almost 9 million this season, make the pro bowl then in 2017 he will just play to make 2.9 million no problems at all? He must think we are stupid or something
He wanted 2017 added to 2016, not this year

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2017 moved to 2016... So he'll make the same this year, then next year make a lot more, and then of course he'll be down to 1 year on his contract, so Kam and his awesome agent will probably want a new deal signed at that time..... Seahawks would be getting soooooooo played if they bite on that... I"m glad they've held firm...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 moved to 2016... So he'll make the same this year, then next year make a lot more, and then of course he'll be down to 1 year on his contract, so Kam and his awesome agent will probably want a new deal signed at that time..... Seahawks would be getting soooooooo played if they bite on that... I"m glad they've held firm...

Of course they're going to do that. He'll do the same shit next year again and demand a different contract. Basically, he doesn't care about his contract for 2017 at all if he can move a lot of it to 2016. Him and his agent must think the FO is dumb.

If he wants to talk about "petty" it'll be hard for him to hold out all year now because that was just a ploy to get the Seahawks to bite and it failed since it's going to be hard for him to recoup from the game checks if he continue to sit out.

At this point, he just needs to start preparing for week 2.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. Kam is basically asking for an $8 million dollar raise for next season. But wait! He'll settle for $4 million if the Seahawks meet him half way. Jesus! What a stand up guy!

Words can not express the rage in me. Fuck him.....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. Kam is basically asking for an $8 million dollar raise for next season. But wait! He'll settle for $4 million if the Seahawks meet him half way. Jesus! What a stand up guy!

Words can not express the rage in me. Fuck him.....

This is why it's hard for me to have any sympathies for these athletes. Sure, I do enjoy watching them play for my team but that's about it. I'm sure he initially wanted more from this hold out and when he start to realize that the Hawks are going to give him what he wants, he buckled and want a portion of his salary moved around at least to save face from this debacle he got himself into.

Game check is 267K.. I dare him to sit out the rest of the season if he's going to be a little bitch about it. The Seahawks already lost in this situation already as they burned a 5th round pick to KC because of his ass.

If the Seahawks starts 2-0, he'll realize he needs to come back and play disgruntled all season long. If they start out 0-2 and the Seahawks caved... we have a lot of making up to do as 2 games went down the drain by then. Lose-Lose for everyone.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't need Seattle to lose. You think the coaching staff is dumb and thinks they aren't better with him on the field? And he's always been a solid teammate before this. He's rooting for them to win. They could open up 8-0 and he'd still be rooting for them and they'd still want him back because the coaching staff knows the value of having the best SS in the league when it's playoffs time and everybody left is good.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need Seattle to lose. You think the coaching staff is dumb and thinks they aren't better with him on the field? And he's always been a solid teammate before this. He's rooting for them to win. They could open up 8-0 and he'd still be rooting for them and they'd still want him back because the coaching staff knows the value of having the best SS in the league when it's playoffs time and everybody left is good.
:wtf:
If the hawks lose a close game and his replacement is either just ok or even slightly bad on a few plays, you don't think for a second the pressure from even fans will be to just get this done no matter what it takes? You don't think the pressure to win on the staff will create more room for negotiation even without the public outcry? Really?

You tell me (and by you I mean any who shares your view)

Seattle wins and the replacement plays well.

Seattle loses a close game and he's marginal or bad.

Seattle loses big and his replacement didn't appear to be a factor.

Rank those 3 in terms of what overall impact this would have on his ability to get more from this team and impact his return. Do so and then tell me he doesn't have an interest in the team losing this game. Do it.

Isn't it also a fact that if Seattle goes out and wins their first two games despite his hold out that he's far more likely to come back tail between his legs looking to stop the bleeding of lost game checks knowing whatever leverage he thought he might have had has fully evaporated?

So he's going to be rooting for his team knowing it will cost him millions if they play well without him?

Wake the fuck up people.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the hawks lose a close game and his replacement is either just ok or even slightly bad on a few plays, you don't think for a second the pressure from even fans will be to just get this done no matter what it takes? You don't think the pressure to win on the staff will create more room for negotiation even without the public outcry? Really?

You tell me (and by you I mean any who shares your view)

Seattle wins and the replacement plays well.

Seattle loses a close game and he's marginal or bad.

Seattle loses big and his replacement didn't appear to be a factor.

Rank those 3 in terms of what overall impact this would have on his ability to get more from this team and impact his return. Do so and then tell me he doesn't have an interest in the team losing this game. Do it.

Isn't it also a fact that if Seattle goes out and wins their first two games despite his hold out that he's far more likely to come back tail between his legs looking to stop the bleeding of lost game checks knowing whatever leverage he thought he might have had has fully evaporated?

So he's going to be rooting for his team knowing it will cost him millions if they play well without him?

Wake the fuck up people.

Who knows what Kam is thinking or wishing for? But I'll say that holding out and holding the team for ransom indicates to me that he is placing money over team right now. Just my opinion.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what Kam is thinking or wishing for? But I'll say that holding out and holding the team for ransom indicates to me that he is placing money over team right now. Just my opinion.
Bingo.

I don't need to manufacture reasons to not like Kam as someone else suggested. He's acting like a spoiled little child and going for a money grab regardless of potential impact on his team.

Most players are all about the money. Bennett is a good example. And I don't have a problem with it. Until they let their greed put our team in harms way. Then, fuck them.

If we are to believe the reports from yesterday, Kam is willing to lose half a million tomorrow over splitting hairs over adding an extra half a million to next years salary? And in doing so puts the team in a bad situation.

It's just retarded.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of argument, lets say that Kam folds this week and is back for week 2. Water under the bridge at that point or will the fans still be bitter?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of argument, lets say that Kam folds this week and is back for week 2. Water under the bridge at that point or will the fans still be bitter?

Mostly water under the bridge with a tinge of bitterness for me. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see Kam fire his agent after this is all settled. I think someone gave him terrible advice and he probably realizes that now.

All in all if he's back next week I'll welcome him with open arms.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would matter more how he came back, than just that he did come back. If he doesn't get what he's asking for and comes back humble and admitting it was a mistake he will temper the anger, but even under that (unlikely) scenario, there will be far more of us that lost respect for him that won't blindly give it back to him than you might think.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief, you'd think football players are choirboys are something from the hyperbole in this thread. You know who used to pull contract shenanigans all the time and not play preseason? That guy on our ring of honor who went into the HOF.

If he comes back and lights up some TE a la Vernon Davis, and everybody will be 100% back on the Kam bandwagon.

If we get some decent draft picks out of him in a trade, then hey, thanks for your superb play over the years and leadership Kam, and all the best except when you play the Hawks.

You'd think this guy raped puppies or something.

He outplayed his contract. He's playing the only card in his deck.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He outplayed his contract? Um, no. He's still one of the top paid SS in the league. And with 3 years left he's insane to even try for a new deal.

This hogwash about just moving money around is just for show. It's new money. Moving a few million from the last year of the deal to the year ahead of it is new money by the fact that the last year won't be played out anyway.

No one suggested he killed anything. I'm a fan of this team and he's putting their chances at another deep post season run in jeopardy out of really stupid selfish greed. I choose to view him accordingly. Sue me.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He outplayed his contract? Um, no. He's still one of the top paid SS in the league. And with 3 years left he's insane to even try for a new deal.

This hogwash about just moving money around is just for show. It's new money. Moving a few million from the last year of the deal to the year ahead of it is new money by the fact that the last year won't be played out anyway.

No one suggested he killed anything. I'm a fan of this team and he's putting their chances at another deep post season run in jeopardy out of really stupid selfish greed. I choose to view him accordingly. Sue me.

Guys who underplay their contract get cut (the NFL is protected from themselves). Guys who overplay their contract have one resort, to hold out.

We can use all kinds of emotional language 'greed' etc, but he's playing the one card he had to play. He's maybe the most respected guy on the team, from coaches on down to players.

This is either a divorce and we trade him, or he comes back, and the team welcomes him back with open arms, and forgives every penny of fines that they're legally able to.

Let's just let it all play out.

The rules are the way they are to favor the teams. So it goes.

And yes of COURSE he's outplayed his contract, thus the interest from other teams.

If he'd underplayed his contract and was holding out, people would be laughing at him.

There's 30 other teams that would take him (if they could fit his contract in their budget) in a heart-beat.

And no, I'm not going to sue you. Maybe I'll just beat my chest, and arrrrgh real loud on here, kind of like everybody else... :)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who underplay their contract get cut (the NFL is protected from themselves). Guys who overplay their contract have one resort, to hold out.

We can use all kinds of emotional language 'greed' etc, but he's playing the one card he had to play. He's maybe the most respected guy on the team, from coaches on down to players.

This is either a divorce and we trade him, or he comes back, and the team welcomes him back with open arms, and forgives every penny of fines that they're legally able to.

Let's just let it all play out.

The rules are the way they are to favor the teams. So it goes.

And yes of COURSE he's outplayed his contract, thus the interest from other teams.

If he'd underplayed his contract and was holding out, people would be laughing at him.

There's 30 other teams that would take him (if they could fit his contract in their budget) in a heart-beat.

And no, I'm not going to sue you. Maybe I'll just beat my chest, and arrrrgh real loud on here, kind of like everybody else... :)

Ask Bears fans if you can just cut players who underperform their contract. If they could do that then Cutler would have been gone last year already. Sometimes the cap hit is too much to cut a guy. I think Kam's dead money is over $6M so cutting him or trading him isn't even an option even if he'd been complete garbage last year, and if that had happened I doubt Kam would be offering any money back to the team.

And as for Walter Jones, I'm glad you brought him up. If Kam had done what Walt did no one would bat an eyelash. Hold out during preseason BUT SHOW UP FOR GAME ONE! That is the distinction between those two players.