• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick's Contract Guaranteed

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. This F.O. is full of crap.

I get your frustration, but, we hold onto him for that price...not too bad...what it also does is allow us to actually get some sort of trade value. We cut him...nothing...we try to trade him before...we might get worse than the Alex Smith trade. What we've done...is upped the anty (sp) for any team that is pretending they don't want him. I like the play, I also wouldn't mind seeing what Kelly can do with him. If it doesn't work...well then, we still have a commodity that some team might want for what is basically a year to year laden contract. It's 100 mil on paper...but it's below the tag price year to year with a delete clause unless his agent cleans it up.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your frustration, but, we hold onto him for that price...not too bad...what it also does is allow us to actually get some sort of trade value. We cut him...nothing...we try to trade him before...we might get worse than the Alex Smith trade. What we've done...is upped the anty (sp) for any team that is pretending they don't want him. I like the play, I also wouldn't mind seeing what Kelly can do with him. If it doesn't work...well then, we still have a commodity that some team might want for what is basically a year to year laden contract. It's 100 mil on paper...but it's below the tag price year to year with a delete clause unless his agent cleans it up.

We are all frustrated to how a team could go from three NFC championships (one Super Bowl apperance) to one of the worst teams in two years. If Kap wants to stay (that's a big IF), then I hope Kelly can resurrect his career. I have a feeling that Kap has had it with the front office. I realize the F.O. is doing some sort of posturing in order to get better compensation for Kap should they choose to trade him. I think Kap will be traded before April 1st, unless teams are betting on the Niners to just release him and then other teams can sign him as a FA.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all frustrated to how a team could go from three NFC championships (one Super Bowl apperance) to one of the worst teams in two years. If Kap wants to stay (that's a big IF), then I hope Kelly can resurrect his career. I have a feeling that Kap has had it with the front office. I realize the F.O. is doing some sort of posturing in order to get better compensation for Kap should they choose to trade him. I think Kap will be traded before April 1st, unless teams are betting on the Niners to just release him and then other teams can sign him as a FA.

He might still be on the team after April 1st. The 49ers position isn't actually the worst for him. He might actually have a chance to compete for a starting position in SF. There are only a few teams where that might be a possibility; Denver, Rams, Cleveland, Houston. Denver would probably be the best option for him. But I don't think he would choose to go to a team where he would just ride the bench.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he can get a 4th for him. Teams might just wait for the Niners to release him.

They're not going to release him and I have no doubts on that. Kaep + Gabbert combined salary is still cheaper than some teams are paying their starter. We also have a ton of cap space to fill up. If anything they will keep Kaep, draft a QB and release Gabbert. Unless a team makes a really good offer Kaep will have no choice but to play at least 1 more year for us.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious freefall of Kaepernick's on-the-field career, you hear grumblings/rumours from the locker room about him not being 'respected' and the Aldon Smith/girlfriend situation. Whatever the truth is, I just see a guy who won't progress much more than the product he is now - and that's with any coaching staff - so I'm in the camp of either get anything you can for him or simply release him. I guess it's all gonna come down to see if he's physically ready by Apr. 1st.

Something stinks about how all of a sudden, Kaepernick's agents are requesting a trade immediately after Baalke/Kelly were welcoming back Kaepper.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious freefall of Kaepernick's on-the-field career, you hear grumblings/rumours from the locker room about him not being 'respected' and the Aldon Smith/girlfriend situation. Whatever the truth is, I just see a guy who won't progress much more than the product he is now - and that's with any coaching staff - so I'm in the camp of either get anything you can for him or simply release him. I guess it's all gonna come down to see if he's physically ready by Apr. 1st.

Something stinks about how all of a sudden, Kaepernick's agents are requesting a trade immediately after Baalke/Kelly were welcoming back Kaepper.

If he doesn't get traded before April 1st, would Kaepernick all of a sudden not pass the physical to get his guaranteed? And then up his demands (not sure if any good could come from that)? Or will he hoping he's released and healthy?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One reason we could get worse than the Smith trade is that some feel we got a lot of picks but not 2 second's worth of players. Then, add on the fact that we might not get two seconds for Kaepernick. Smith's deal was more guaranteed practically speaking (you don't trade two seconds to release in the next year) in terms of years, but 8 mill a piece versus one year at 12-14 for Kaepernick. You wouldn't trade two seconds for one year of Kaepernick either, so that number goes closer to 24-28.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to start a new thread about this but didn't want the whole SportsHoopla posters weighing in on this. Kap to the Broncos would be a win-win deal IMO. Manning retires, Brock moves on and Denver needs a QB. Book the deal.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to start a new thread about this but didn't want the whole SportsHoopla posters weighing in on this. Kap to the Broncos would be a win-win deal IMO. Manning retires, Brock moves on and Denver needs a QB. Book the deal.

This really needs to happen. No point of trying to fix a demolished situation. Draft goff and start fresh.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really needs to happen. No point of trying to fix a demolished situation. Draft goff and start fresh.
Agreed. No need for the Kap Experiment anymore if he can fit in better there. Denver has the D to cover.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. No need for the Kap Experiment anymore if he can fit in better there. Denver has the D to cover.

Exactly, Denver's defense will allow kaep to be terrible but that defense will keep them competitive while our defense can no longer carry his load

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Kaepernick to be carried if he leaves here. I want him to either stay and do well, leave and earn it, or fail elsewhere (not really). But if he's carried and we get a bunch of "we should have kept him/I told you so's" AND we lose? Ugg. If he earns it and isn't carried, then such is life and we'd have to take it understanding that it wasn't likely here if he didn't want to be here.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Kaepernick to be carried if he leaves here. I want him to either stay and do well, leave and earn it, or fail elsewhere (not really). But if he's carried and we get a bunch of "we should have kept him/I told you so's" AND we lose? Ugg. If he earns it and isn't carried, then such is life and we'd have to take it understanding that it wasn't likely here if he didn't want to be here.
Good point really but the 9ers just need to move on from him IMO. Others might think he can fuction in this new offense. I say no way but again JMO.He would be a better fit in Denver

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep's stats are going to speak for themselves. We may get some i told you so's or we should have kept him until he runs into a solid pass defense and just self destructs. I mean seeing what the raiders are building they may not even make the playoffs next year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver would by far be the best situation for Kaepernick. They have a really good defense and a good HC that has coached QBs and he will have good support around him and a good chance to start.