• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Update

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its telling that 4th year Kaepernick would eat humble pie and get back to the basics instruction from others.
I have to give him credit on doing that.

I don't see Cam Newton or Johnny Manziel or Andy Dalton doing that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe Kurt will get Kap in closer touch with God, who will then win games for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. Very happy Kap is doing this with Warner. Also surprised he is helping us and Kap.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On a serious note, I am very pleased to see Kap undertaking this. I was disappointed with the camps he chose over the last two offseasons, and I feel he lost some ground as a result of those decisions, but you've got to give him credit for realizing he needs to work on other aspects of his game and pursuing it. I hope he hits it as hard as he has hit the weights and the track the past two offseasons. His ceiling is still extremely high if the mental part of the game clicks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note, I am very pleased to see Kap undertaking this. I was disappointed with the camps he chose over the last two offseasons, and I feel he lost some ground as a result of those decisions, but you've got to give him credit for realizing he needs to work on other aspects of his game and pursuing it. I hope he hits it as hard as he has hit the weights and the track the past two offseasons. His ceiling is still extremely high if the mental part of the game clicks.

Totally agree with this. From what I've read he works really hard and is very competitive in everything he does, even his academics. I really believe he will hit it hard. The question becomes whether he is able to put this into practice on the field. I still wonder where the coaching staff was on this the past couple of years

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its telling that 4th year Kaepernick would eat humble pie and get back to the basics instruction from others.
I have to give him credit on doing that.

I don't see Cam Newton or Johnny Manziel or Andy Dalton doing that.

Dalton doesn't have to do that. He can throw three INTs and still win. He can let down his great receivers and still be fine. He can have bad numbers and still get in the Pro-Bowl. He can have a bad playoff record and still get a big deal. He can be a ginger frog and still get a girl he wants (money helps). He's Homer Simpson to Grimes.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT: Crabtree, Gore, Stevie Johnson and Vernon Davis went from Pro Bowl players to straight bums under Kaepernick.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT: Crabtree, Gore, Stevie Johnson and Vernon Davis went from Pro Bowl players to straight bums under Kaepernick.

Huh!? Crabtree and Stevie were never pro bowl players. Also Crabtree's best season in 2012 when he had 85 rec, 1,105 yards and 9 TDs was with Kaep at QB. Dont forget Davis had 13 TDs in 2013 which was his 2nd best year stats wise as a 49er. You have no ground to stand on with that statement.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh!? Crabtree and Stevie were never pro bowl players. Also Crabtree's best season in 2012 when he had 85 rec, 1,105 yards and 9 TDs was with Kaep at QB. Dont forget Davis had 13 TDs in 2013 which was his 2nd best year stats wise as a 49er. You have no ground to stand on with that statement.

That's exactly right. 2012 might be the only year Crabtree was not nursing some sort of nagging injury

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: Crabtree, Gore, Stevie Johnson and Vernon Davis went from Pro Bowl players to straight bums under ROMAN.

Fixed it for you

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Along with the film study with Warner, would hope he's working with another coach on his mechanics, specifically his footwork.

But overall, I'm happy he's taking strides to realize the vast potential that his physical attributes have afforded him. Lets see if we see any changes when training camp comes around.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with the film study with Warner, would hope he's working with another coach on his mechanics, specifically his footwork.

But overall, I'm happy he's taking strides to realize the vast potential that his physical attributes have afforded him. Lets see if we see any changes when training camp comes around.

He is actually working with a couple of QB coaches, one is Dennis Giles. He is working on those things. Will be interesting to see if there is any difference next year

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anquan Boldin is saying that Colin Kaepernick needs to tune out other sand trust himself.

Anquan Boldin is one of my favorite 49ers ever - a true beast. But I would make the following distinction when it comes to accepting advice. If you are already the TOP performer in your job, you can afford to ignore advice. You may ALWAYS ignore it in your PERSONAL life, of course. When you pay for professional consultation - like a QB development camp - you are vested in accepting whatever advice is reasonable to get you to the Kurt Warner "level". Just my 2 cents.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick gets far too much criticism for someone who

A)Was never a 1st round pick
B)Has 4 playoff wins and 2 NFC Championship appearances in his 1st two years in league
C)Higher career passer rating and completion percentage than Andrew Luck

Bottom line is that Kaep probably receives more criticism than he deserves because of his Hip Hop image and persona he's fostered. Oh, and the 49ers are always a team people love to hate when they are relevant.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B)Has 4 playoff wins and 2 NFC Championship appearances in his 1st two years in league

Bottom line is that Kaep probably receives more criticism than he deserves because of his Hip Hop image and persona he's fostered. Oh, and the 49ers are always a team people love to hate when they are relevant.

EXACTLY THIS

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree with all of this. At the same time, as a 49er fan, screw those critics. They will always find something to rip anyway

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Answers: A) who really cares about when a player is picked? Are we as fans to just say "Well, we knew he wouldn't be much at the pick he was chosen".
B ) Kap alone led this team to those victories? Do you really want to go there?
C) Who gives a crap about QB stats when this team had the season it did last year?

I hope Kap has matured and will lead this team. I hope he is trying hard to learn how to throw a soft touch pass and learn how to read a Defense, ect. but to post that he gets too much criticism is just BS. He is the leader of the 9ers and needs to step it up many notches.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Answers: A) who really cares about when a player is picked? Are we as fans to just say "Well, we knew he wouldn't be much at the pick he was chosen".
B ) Kap alone led this team to those victories? Do you really want to go there?
C) Who gives a crap about QB stats when this team had the season it did last year?

I hope Kap has matured and will lead this team. I hope he is trying hard to learn how to throw a soft touch pass and learn how to read a Defense, ect. but to post that he gets too much criticism is just BS. He is the leader of the 9ers and needs to step it up many notches.

I will say, he was clearly the driving force on offense - and not just because he's the QB, but because he was legitimately taking over the game - against GB and Atlanta in 2012, and GB again in 2013.

That said, I tend to agree with most of what you said. Regardless of where he was drafted, he's been signed to a big-time contract. He needs to perform to that level. And he was pretty bad last year. Onus is on him to play better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Boldin's comments, he shouldn't just do his thing and ignore everyone. But I think he knows he has things to improve on. That is why he took the initiatve to work with Warner/Giles this season. Of course, he should block out some of what is being said. There are all kinds of people giving their own opinions out there. Can't try and follow everyone.