• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick total QBR

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LONDON -- This is one of the reasons Total QBR was created.

Colin Kaepernick has been dominating from the quarterback position. However, his statistics are not overwhelming. But the Total QBR rates a quarterback’s overall impact on the game. Kaepernick’s impact in the past two games for the San Francisco 49ers has been undeniable.

In Week 7, Kaepernick had a Total QBR of 99.0 (out of 100) in a San Francisco win at Tennessee. It was the highest Total QBR of the season. His follow-up?

Kaepernick had a Total QBR of 99.8 Sunday as the 49ers smoked Jacksonville, 42-10, in London. Kaepernick led the 49ers to touchdowns on their first four drives of the game. He had 164 yards and a touchdown pass in the air and he had 54 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

Kaepernick’s Total QBR Sunday was the highest in the NFL in three years. He is the first quarterback to have back-to-back games with a Total QBR of 99.0 or higher.

So, yes, Kaepernick’s numbers aren’t of "the Star Wars" variety, but he is playing the position more efficiently than any player in the league and he is the primary reason the 49ers have scored more than 30 points a game during their five-game win streak.

Total QBR highlights Colin Kaepernick's impact - ESPN

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow that's awesome. His numbers have been very Alex Smith like but seems like you can't label him game manager with those impact numbers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said he will be fine. Once the offense went back to last years offense and now when we get Mario and Crabtree back watch out.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Kap but I'm starting to think QBR is a complete and utter joke. Not only do his stats not suggest he is the best QB right now, just watching him play the game proves that as well.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Kap but I'm starting to think QBR is a complete and utter joke. Not only do his stats not suggest he is the best QB right now, just watching him play the game proves that as well.

We don't need Kap to be statistically the best QB. We need him to be efficient which he has the last couple of weeks. With our defense and run game playing extremely well all Kap needs to do is take care of the ball and make the "big play" when it presents itself. 5 wins in a row to me is more important than any lack of stats Kap has or doesn't have.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colin Kaepernick has been dominating from the quarterback position. However, his statistics are not overwhelming. But the Total QBR rates a quarterback’s overall impact on the game. Kaepernick’s impact in the past two games for the San Francisco 49ers has been undeniable.

In Week 7, Kaepernick had a Total QBR of 99.0 (out of 100) in a San Francisco win at Tennessee. It was the highest Total QBR of the season. His follow-up?

Kaepernick had a Total QBR of 99.8 Sunday as the 49ers smoked Jacksonville, 42-10, in London. Kaepernick led the 49ers to touchdowns on their first four drives of the game. He had 164 yards and a touchdown pass in the air and he had 54 yards rushing and two touchdowns.

Kaepernick’s Total QBR Sunday was the highest in the NFL in three years. He is the first quarterback to have back-to-back games with a Total QBR of 99.0 or higher.

So, yes, Kaepernick’s numbers aren’t of "the Star Wars" variety, but he is playing the position more efficiently than any player in the league and he is the primary reason the 49ers have scored more than 30 points a game during their five-game win streak.

Does that description remind you of anybody that used to play for the 49ers?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given enough time and variety of topics, I knew you and I would finally agree on something.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a complete bust for me up until the last 2 games. Harbaugh finally started letting Kaep be Kaep. You know, the guy who got them to the superbowl?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Completely disagree.

Watching Kaepernick play these last two games, he is playing extremely well. He has been picking up first downs scrambling, extending plays w/his legs, and making some really nice throws.

Kaepernick was pretty much perfect on Sunday vs the Jags and the QBR reflects that. His stats weren't huge because we were blowing them out. He accounted for 3 TD's and over 200yrds of offense on only 23 plays.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR is a completely made up statistic as far as I am concerned. I don't really care for it and since ESPN won't be specific about how they calculate it when they incorporate stuff like "clutch index", which is a completely subjective thing. It is obvious that a QB running for TDs, especially spectacular runs, boosts the QBR. I think a "Total" QBR should include clock management, something they obviously don't if Kap is scoring this highly. So how can it be a "total" QBR if they don't even include one of the most important parts of being a QB??

It is a nice effort by ESPN to make their statistic more important than Passer Rating, but since they won't let us know how they calculate it I'm not going to accept it as a real statistic.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These last 2 games he has been a Top 5 QB. Looking good so far.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Passer Rating isn't great but QBR is a total joke as it just goes against common sense.

There is no doubt Kap has been playing well but can you seriously say you would take Kap's performance yesterday over Peyton's 400+ yard 7 TD 0 INT/Fumbles week 1 performance?

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he would score a 100 QBR if he got his plays off in time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree.

Watching Kaepernick play these last two games, he is playing extremely well. He has been picking up first downs scrambling, extending plays w/his legs, and making some really nice throws.

Kaepernick was pretty much perfect on Sunday vs the Jags and the QBR reflects that. His stats weren't huge because we were blowing them out. He accounted for 3 TD's and over 200yrds of offense on only 23 plays.

One thing I've noticed about Kaepernick this year is he seems to go into some passing plays already determined to run. I can see it in his body language. Sometimes his drop back is nothing more than a thinly-veiled attempt to conceal his desire to run on a certain play.

I'm OK with that though as long as he disguises it well enough because I have much more confidence in his running ability than his abilty to copmplete a pass. I wonder though, if I can see it pre-snap, how long will it be til defenses start seeing it that early as well.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passer Rating isn't great but QBR is a total joke as it just goes against common sense.

There is no doubt Kap has been playing well but can you seriously say you would take Kap's performance yesterday over Peyton's 400+ yard 7 TD 0 INT/Fumbles week 1 performance?

This. I like Kap and I think he has played well recently but his performances haven't sniffed anything close to something like this. Lately he hasn't turned the ball over which is nice, but he hasn't been "dominating" or playing more efficiently than someone like Aaron Rodgers. To say he has been would be blind homerism.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NN is so mad Kaep is doing well, it's hilarious.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NN is so mad Kaep is doing well, it's hilarious.

Don't be a fool. What's good for Kaepernick is good for the 49ers. I've been on board with making the move to Kaepernick after I saw him play in the Bears game last year. I just don't like the way it was handled. I may think the guy is a dolt in his personal life but rest assured I am rooting for him on game day.

I suppose though that I would take issue with your "Kap is doing so well" statement because up until the Titans game, he was not, in my opinion. He has been much improved though the last few weeks.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be a fool. What's good for Kaepernick is good for the 49ers. I've been on board with making the move to Kaepernick after I saw him play in the Bears game last year. I just don't like the way it was handled. I may think the guy is a dolt in his personal life but rest assured I am rooting for him on game day.

I suppose though that I would take issue with your "Kap is doing so well" statement because up until the Titans game, he was not, in my opinion. He has been much improved though the last few weeks.

Except for your weekly "Kaepernick blows", "Kaepernick is horrendous", and "Fuck Kaepernick".

STFU you fool. You're a trash tier troll. You cant wait for the moment he fucks up to jump down his throat.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This has nothing to do with Kaepernick, but total QBR is utter, 100% bull shit. It's worthless to even cite.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for your weekly "Kaepernick blows", "Kaepernick is horrendous", and "Fuck Kaepernick".

STFU you fool. You're a trash tier troll. You cant wait for the moment he fucks up to jump down his throat.

Bullshit. I am an equal opportunity basher. You fuck up or act the fool and I bash you whether your name is Colin Kaepernick or Tom Brady.