• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick out for the year

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did the shoulder injury show up on any other game other then this coming up one? I ask because I've heard a couple people being frustrated with how Manning's injuries seem to appear after the fact. It sounds like an excuse. Someone told me that they injuries were always reported there, but I haven't checked. The rib injury was there, but I didn't see any thing about the foot. I did read someone wondering about the quad injury coming in after the fact. Obviously, teams don't want to disclose if they don't have to take a fudge it, you do. In this case with Kaepernick I don't know if they're doing the opposite or if they're doing the same.
Kaep says that it's been a issue since the GB game

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that it was injured, but obviously it wasn't injured enough for him to be benched. He was benched for his performance. He would've played through the injury if he weren't benched.

It's a win-win situation, it removes one reason why he couldn't pass the physical in April which would guarantee his contract. And makes sure that he doesn't come in for an injured Gabbert and injure himself really. And also makes sure that he doesn't come in and have some crazy good games to make it harder to cut him. In his mind, and might give him an excuse for his benching or at least put some closure on playing. Every day that he's healthy and not playing in a game would eat at him more. This way he knows he's not to play again here. Maybe he can also avoid being on the sideline and have a camera on him all the time.

He felt shitty being benched, now he knows how Smith felt. Smith was playing well and winning when he was benched so it must've been harder for Alex. Although, I think it has to be hard no matter how you play if you have the confidence in yourself. It doesn't matter what reality is, Smith felt he lost an opportunity for a Super Bowl run and Kaepernick felt he lost an opportunity to turn around his career.

That is obvious. The guys on the pregame show had a good point. Since getting benched, Kap was doing what is in his own best interest and getting the surgery done now so he will be healthy come time for tryouts with other teams. Once Kap's doctor recommended surgery, the team was obliged to go along with that opinion.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kaep out for the rest of the season, is he allowed to empty his locker and vacation the rest of the year?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kaep out for the rest of the season, is he allowed to empty his locker and vacation the rest of the year?

If he gets injured on vacation by doing his own thing, and he does not pass the physical on April 1, he doesn't get that guaranteed, right? What if he injures his shoulder and they can't tell which was at fault - the vacation act or the football? Because that'd be kind of crazy. I know a non-football injury would be paid by his own insurance, I'm talking about what the team is on the hook for as far as contract.