• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick out for the year

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we can finally stop discussing him. He isn't going to play for the niners again. Glad it's over.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to figure out his motivation for ending the season...

The only way they would have to honor his contract would be if he is injured... I really hope this isn't a play for his contract money. I mean he wasn't so hurt that he didn't think he should be benched, and this shoulder injury dates back to the green bay game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the "injury" was so severe that he needed surgery and that ended the season, I'm sure the PR department would have loved to be able to have used that injury instead of benching. The reason they are putting him on injured reserve is because they do not want him to come in Gabbert gets injured or plays really poorly and then get injured beyond April 1 of next year. The fee is still "injured" by that point, his next year salary would be guaranteed. I put "injured" in the quotes because on April 1 who knows what either side will want to claim regarding his shoulder. I'm not saying he never hurt his shoulder.

It's funny that the Niners were pushing Smith to play when he had a torn shoulder on his throwing arm and now, the Niners are now trying to get it Kaepernick not to play with the non-throwing arm injury. One wanted to sit to rehab but couldn't because of his coach and the other didn't want to sit but had to because of his coach. Nolan wanted Smith to play so he could have a scapegoat and Tomsula wanted Kaepernick to sit so he could be the scapegoat.

Last edited:

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the "injury" was so severe that he needed surgery and that ended the season, I'm sure the PR department would have loved to be able to have used that injury instead of benching. The reason they are putting him on Insta reserve is because they do not want him to come in Gabbert gets injured or plays really poorly and then get injured beyond April 1 of next year. The fee is still "injured" by that point, his next year salary would be guaranteed. I put "injured" in the quotes because on April 1 who knows what either side will want to claim regarding his shoulder. I'm not saying he never hurt his shoulder.

It's funny that the Niners were pushing Smith to play when he had a torn shoulder on his throwing arm and now, the Niners are now trying to get it Kaepernick not to play with the non-throwing arm injury. One didn't want to sit to rehab to avoid being called a coward and the other didn't want to sit because of his job.

I read that kaepernick "Informed" the team he was having surgery.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the shoulder injury show up on any other game other then this coming up one? I ask because I've heard a couple people being frustrated with how Manning's injuries seem to appear after the fact. It sounds like an excuse. Someone told me that they injuries were always reported there, but I haven't checked. The rib injury was there, but I didn't see any thing about the foot. I did read someone wondering about the quad injury coming in after the fact. Obviously, teams don't want to disclose if they don't have to take a fudge it, you do. In this case with Kaepernick I don't know if they're doing the opposite or if they're doing the same.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to figure out his motivation for ending the season...

The only way they would have to honor his contract would be if he is injured... I really hope this isn't a play for his contract money. I mean he wasn't so hurt that he didn't think he should be benched, and this shoulder injury dates back to the green bay game.

Even if it's Kap's intention to be "injured" which I am not sure it is, it must be the management's decision to end his season. I guess the management wants him to be "slightly injured" now and end his season so he cannot get a more serious injury that will make his contract guarantee for next year. A messed up situation.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the surgery was delayed until after the season Kaepernick would be guaranteed his 2016 salary if he failed a physical. Having the surgery now means the 49ers lose him for this year but should have the choice of keeping or cutting him in April. He could play, but if he's not the starter it becomes a business decision.

"The injury is to Kaepernick’s non-throwing shoulder and is not believed to be serious enough to prevent him from passing a physical next year. The 49ers are off the hook from having to pay Kaepernick anything beyond this season if they cut him, as long as he’s healthy enough to pass a physical. "

Kaepernick injury

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Don't let that idiot back on the field.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Don't let that idiot back on the field.

I wouldn't mind letting him play and having another chance, I just wouldn't want him to get injured to the point where next year was guaranteed.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind letting him play and having another chance, I just wouldn't want him to get injured to the point where next year was guaranteed.

Not me. I think he's incompetent and I'd rather play the better quarterback. And then of course there's also the risk of him getting injured. Seems like a no-win situation having him in there imo.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for trade value then. I hope he heals okay just because I wish that for any player but I didn't even know he was hurt in the first place. Hope this doesn't fuck up the 9ers cap situation too much. Has he cleaned out his locker yet?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The report I read said he had pain which wouldn't go away. The first doctor said it would heal on its own. He sought a second opinion and the second doctor said it is a major tear and recommended surgery. The 49ers agreed with the 2nd doctor

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for trade value then. I hope he heals okay just because I wish that for any player but I didn't even know he was hurt in the first place. Hope this doesn't fuck up the 9ers cap situation too much. Has he cleaned out his locker yet?
It wasn't his throwing shoulder so probably not a big issue

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we can finally stop discussing him. He isn't going to play for the niners again. Glad it's over.
Not buyin' the injury excuse for a second. The dude simply wore out his welcome with his arrogance and refusal to change his playing style.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "injury" is coming at a very suspicious time.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works out for everybody. Niners don't have to pay him too much, and Kaep should be 100% next season wherever he ends up. Good thing there was a second opinion on the injury.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't his throwing shoulder so probably not a big issue

Not buyin' the injury excuse for a second. The dude simply wore out his welcome with his arrogance and refusal to change his playing style.
The "injury" is coming at a very suspicious time.

I don't doubt that it was injured, but obviously it wasn't injured enough for him to be benched. He was benched for his performance. He would've played through the injury if he weren't benched.

It's a win-win situation, it removes one reason why he couldn't pass the physical in April which would guarantee his contract. And makes sure that he doesn't come in for an injured Gabbert and injure himself really. And also makes sure that he doesn't come in and have some crazy good games to make it harder to cut him. In his mind, and might give him an excuse for his benching or at least put some closure on playing. Every day that he's healthy and not playing in a game would eat at him more. This way he knows he's not to play again here. Maybe he can also avoid being on the sideline and have a camera on him all the time.

He felt shitty being benched, now he knows how Smith felt. Smith was playing well and winning when he was benched so it must've been harder for Alex. Although, I think it has to be hard no matter how you play if you have the confidence in yourself. It doesn't matter what reality is, Smith felt he lost an opportunity for a Super Bowl run and Kaepernick felt he lost an opportunity to turn around his career.

Last edited:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him with the Rams next season. Maybe a trade for Foles? We still would need a solid backup QB.