• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick is as stupid as advertised: jokes about TX floods

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think his point was its not a funy situation......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's in their contract ....why not?

Good luck getting anyone agreed to being treated like 5 yr olds....sure that will go over well.

You can't control people. Not even in College they go to that extent. Certain schools don't allow you to post during the season but they don't go as far as saying you're not allowed to have a twitter or instagram account

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck getting anyone agreed to being treated like 5 yr olds....sure that will go over well.

You can't control people. Not even in College they go to that extent. Certain schools don't allow you to post during the season but they don't go as far as saying you're not allowed to have a twitter or instagram account
I think you would be surprised at what some folks have to agree to in businesses.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you would be surprised at what some folks have to agree to in businesses.

i think saying stupid shit on twitter/instagram is harmless.....They can always use the cop out that the account was hacked anyway. Outside of that player looking like an absolute idiot no harm is done.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a restriction on a player's civil liberty and freedom of speech. Never would fly. Teams can't just put anything they want in those contracts.

Plus, there's really no reason to address it because there are natural consequences for making an ass of yourself on social media, and it's a victimless crime anyway. Tools like Kaepernick saying dumb stuff on twitter doesn't exactly reflect poorly on the NFL. It just makes him look like a dope.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think saying stupid shit on twitter/instagram is harmless.....They can always use the cop out that the account was hacked anyway. Outside of that player looking like an absolute idiot no harm is done.
Harmless, Mmmm you think the 49ers OF feels this is harmless? I'm betting they don't. Another black eye for their so called "franchise QB". I doubt they approve or feel it's harmless to the 49ers as a organization.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a restriction on a player's civil liberty and freedom of speech. Never would fly. Teams can't just put anything they want in those contracts.

Plus, there's really no reason to address it because there are natural consequences for making an ass of yourself on social media, and it's a victimless crime anyway. Tools like Kaepernick saying dumb stuff on twitter doesn't exactly reflect poorly on the NFL. It just makes him look like a dope.
Restrictions on freedom to speak happens all the time, even in civil cases where folks agree not to speak about a case they were involved in, see the Greg Hardy case for example. Two QBs who should just say off of social media are Kaep and RG3. I think their teams would appreciated it. I also think in the future you could find clauses like this in contracts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restrictions on freedom to speak happens all the time, even in civil cases where folks agree not to speak about a case they were involved in, see the Greg Hardy case for example. Two QBs who should just say off of social media are Kaep and RG3. I think their teams would appreciated it. I also think in the future you could find clauses like this in contracts.

A couple of idiots shouldn't ruin it for the rest of the league. The FO of those teams should speak with those players who make ridiculous statements on twitter/ig and let them know to tone it down a bit. No need for the restrictions IMO

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of idiots shouldn't ruin it for the rest of the league. The FO of those teams should speak with those players who make ridiculous statements on twitter/ig and let them know to tone it down a bit. No need for the restrictions IMO
You don't think the FOs of those two teams have brought it up before? I'd bet they have, no clause in the contract and freedom of speech, what can they really do? A clause like this would only be for certain players. When was the last time you heard Bree's quoted on social media, I sure if you heard a quote it was all good. No need for a clause for him.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking from the so called flood zone, as usual the media has blown the situation way out of proportion. A few washed out roads and flooded low lying areas that shouldn't have been developed in the first place does not equal a disaster. This is the most green I've seen since I left Florida. We are expecting more rain this week and I'm looking forward to it.