• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick being investigated....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going to get in trouble for this comment, but I really think trying to trade Kaep for 1st round pick and keeping Alex would have been the better choice. I don't see a big difference between the two of them to warrant the drastic dollar difference in their contracts. Kaep is a better athlete with a better arm, but he lacks in leadership and decision making.

An extra 1st round pick, cheaper contract, and keeping a well liked leader on the team may have been the better choice. Kaep certainly has to play better to warrant the team going with him.

Hopefully with Gabbert being picked up the coaches will be a little more inclined to let Kaep be a more dynamic weapon on offense.

if we look at what's happened to date, this isn't so bad an opinion. They have performed similarly save for a few BIG runs by Kaep. from an intangibles standpoint, it also seems reasonably close to date? However, all new contracts are about projecting ahead and this is the debate with Kaep.

everyone knows Kaep has a higher ceiling but no one knows how close he'll get to it? we all expect he'll improve his passing, but the question is by how much? will he improve enough to justify $18M/year worth, or will he improve to $12M/year worth?

the two 2nd round picks weren't THAT shabby cause last year's was a high 2nd.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't saying AS > CK - he was talking about the money for other players plus better trade compensation plus the fact that conservative Harbaugh didn't allow for much more production from Kaepernick than Smith. The trade compensation could also replace Smith for an even cheaper rookie contract for what SF believes is better than Smith. That will change a bit as Kaepernick improves with experience.

I dont care what he mean, either way he said trade CK, that itself is a joke.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fairly strong words from Harbaugh. Lets hope he's right and Kap is exonerated soon.

Regardless of outcome, it would be nice for this to get resolved. This just seems to be dragging on. Do these test results really take that long?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
:wtf:
This lady sounds like a whack job.

Assuming he wasn't involved in the incident, aside from knowing "Jesus," this could be a very good thing for his career. It'll hopefully force him to realize that the spotlight and the crosshairs are on him at all times.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where are the people that jumped all over Kap. Come out come out where ever you are……and say sorry and that you were wrong.

Always wait until you hear both sides before making judgement. U are innocent until proven guilty. Remember that. This is America.

All 3 players look like they will be fine. Good to hear.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where are the people that jumped all over Kap. Come out come out where ever you are……and say sorry and that you were wrong.

Always wait until you hear both sides before making judgement. U are innocent until proven guilty. Remember that. This is America.

Hopefully kaepernick learned a lesson from this.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are you talking to? Aside from Hammer?
Your post I think would make more sense posted in the general forum thread. Everyone in this thread I think pretty much took a wait and see approach to this situation.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post I think would make more sense posted in the general forum thread. Everyone in this thread I think pretty much took a wait and see approach to this situation.

I said it wasn't surprising to me that he would get put into a shitty situation (I also said I would wait and see on the r*pe thing and I kind of doubted he raped someone).

Again, smoking pot in Miami with a dude named Ricardo NEVER ends well. But I haven't really followed the story that closely since it sounded like charges wouldn't materialize so I'm not sure if he really was smoking pot in Miami with a dude named Ricardo now that more facts have come to life.

Also, lol@Purgs. Come on bro.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully kaepernick learned a lesson from this.

I bet he did. Try and not be in situations like this and hang out with people you know. Even though he didn't do anything wrong u can learn from every situation.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

General board would of been good but there were like 3-4 people on here. Toby was one and Whysies(somewhat), Badazz. Just to name a few.

It happens. No big deal just thought we would have some people on here that would of posted that they were wrong.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was cool. What people said when we drafted Kap. Most hit it right now. One was funny. Guy said passing on Gabbert for Kap might of been a mistake and they will always be linked together. Well now both are on the 49ers and Kap is the #1. U can say this guy got it wrong. Good stuff overall.

What Experts Said after 49ers Drafted Kaepernick

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it wasn't surprising to me that he would get put into a shitty situation (I also said I would wait and see on the r*pe thing and I kind of doubted he raped someone).

Again, smoking pot in Miami with a dude named Ricardo NEVER ends well. But I haven't really followed the story that closely since it sounded like charges wouldn't materialize so I'm not sure if he really was smoking pot in Miami with a dude named Ricardo now that more facts have come to life.

Also, lol@Purgs. Come on bro.

Yes, but this sort of thing hardly needs an apology.
And How exactly would someone apologize to Kaep? Or is Purguy accepting apologies in Kaeps stead? Kind of how you would confess your sins to a priest.
"Forgive me Kaephomer for I have blasphemed against your man crush. I hath called his greatness a rapist and pot head. Help me to see the error of my ways by constantly heralding the Magnificent's playoff accomplishments. Amen"

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General board would of been good but there were like 3-4 people on here. Toby was one and Whysies(somewhat), Badazz. Just to name a few.

It happens. No big deal just thought we would have some people on here that would of posted that they were wrong.
Fair enough. But again, i dont think there were really any cases of people taking personal shots at Kaep in this thread but maybe I am misremembering.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fair enough. But again, i dont think there were really any cases of people taking personal shots at Kaep in this thread but maybe I am misremembering.

It wasn't in this thread specifically. There were a few other threads where things got really bad and had to be locked.