• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K Love serves notice with a #2 to Jim Buss

DimesD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that he looks like a leading man—and with free agency looming as an option at the end of next season, and the Wolves not exactly killing it on the court—everyone assumes that his next big move is to Los Angeles. He's dating actress Cody Horn, a California girl, and his Beach Boy uncle, Mike, co-wrote “California Girls.” So fess up, Kev: You're gone, right? “People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota,” he says. “And I'm not shitting on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.” Note the present tense.
from GQ March issue.

In reference to the bold. He just did. A big brown log with corn bits and all. Jim Buss better take notes because if he loses out on Love because the "foundation" of the Lakers that is his ego, refuses to acquire the right leadership to guide him thru these lean years, then we all might as well just get ready to be the lotto machine like Cleveland and Charlotte,

1st order of business is for Buss to hire Phil Jackson as a consultant and would give the Lakers instant credibility. That way players would know the Lakers are serious. They would know the Guru with his set of magical rings will uphold/rebuild the FOUNDATION of the Lakers, not a brat who was given everything with free reign to destroy for the sake of self-affirmation.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from GQ March issue.

In reference to the bold. He just did. A big brown log with corn bits and all. Jim Buss better take notes because if he loses out on Love because the "foundation" of the Lakers that is his ego, refuses to acquire the right leadership to guide him thru these lean years, then we all might as well just get ready to be the lotto machine like Cleveland and Charlotte,

1st order of business is for Buss to hire Phil Jackson as a consultant and would give the Lakers instant credibility. That way players would know the Lakers are serious. They would know the Guru with his set of magical rings will uphold/rebuild the FOUNDATION of the Lakers, not a brat who was given everything with free reign to destroy for the sake of self-affirmation.

I'm not putting a ton of stock into the comments. What I do put stock into is how we move forward. The Buss family needs to decide where the future of this franchise is going. If they continue to sit on their thumbs or the opposite, make knee jerk reaction decisions, we're doomed!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves have anything better than the Lakers.

Right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not concerned in the least about these comments. I'm sure that he is having fun and the Wolves have a better foundation for now. That will change when the Lakers get healthy again and will change even more after the draft and FA's.

Meanwhile, he keeps Wolves fans off his back.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to say that, no worries here. NOW, getting Phil IN as a consultant, and Dantoni OUT as coach is something that NEEDS to happen. Jim Buss has to make that happen however, so I'm not holding my breath

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never lived in Minnesota but my grandmother grew up there so I hope K Love stays with the Timberwolves.

Also hope he doesn't go to the Lakers, the Wooden Knickles or the OverHEATed for reasons I won't go into here.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Phil needs to be brought back into the fold. I think he will be soon enough.

Love's comments don't sway me one bit from believing the Lakers will still be a desirable situation for him in the summer of 2015. Still lots of time before then. Minnesota has had that promising foundation for awhile now and have gone nowhere. They are not going to attract that second all-star player to pair with Love. The Lakers foundation should start looking a lot better come July.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil never really left indirectly. Since he lives with Jeannie, indirectly he has influence on the club because he has Jeannie's ear, among other things. I think you were referring to the direct official capacity, Lakersrule (and others) and that still may occur.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil never really left indirectly. Since he lives with Jeannie, indirectly he has influence on the club because he has Jeannie's ear, among other things. I think you were referring to the direct official capacity, Lakersrule (and others) and that still may occur.

He has Jeannie's ear, but she ain't making the basketball decisions. Her brother is the one that needs to listen to him. That's the problem. But yes, direct official capacity was what I was referring too.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has Jeannie's ear, but she ain't making the basketball decisions. Her brother is the one that needs to listen to him. That's the problem. But yes, direct official capacity was what I was referring too.

This shit needs to change, that guy isn't capable of balancing a checkbook! :gaah:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakersrule. She can invoke a final say on any decision short buss makes if she wants to put her foot down. She has that capacity as the overall Team owner/executive. That was what Dr. Buss left her. She chooses not to get in her brothers face about things, but I have this feeling that may change if he can't put together a winner in the next couple years.

The precipitating event that will change things is if short buss has two or even three losing seasons back-to-back-to-back and the patient (but in shock) fans of LA start getting restless and revenue starts to falter. When the latter occurs, look for Jeannie and Phil to make some noise.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves have anything better than the Lakers.

Right.

Funny though how that every team in the NBA still compares themselves to the Lakers even when the Lakers is the worst team in the league. Minnesota has the better record this year, but I would bet they would gladly trade that record for just one of the Lakers championships:laugh3:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny though how that every team in the NBA still compares themselves to the Lakers even when the Lakers is the worst team in the league. Minnesota has the better record this year, but I would bet they would gladly trade that record for just one of the Lakers championships:laugh3:

One poor season does not tarnish the Lakers status in the history of the NBA. They have been, and despite this season, are the Gold Standard. We fans have been truly blessed to have this franchise to root for.

Starting next season the team should start a return to prominence.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is now 4 games removed from a playoff spot and stand firmly at .500 - a terrible position to be in. It means no playoffs and no good draft pick. Plus they're almost $10m over the cap this year so signing anyone decent next year aint happening either.

Love know the TWolves aren't competing this year or the next by any means.

I can see a trade request coming!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is now 4 games removed from a playoff spot and stand firmly at .500 - a terrible position to be in. It means no playoffs and no good draft pick. Plus they're almost $10m over the cap this year so signing anyone decent next year aint happening either.

Love know the TWolves aren't competing this year or the next by any means.

I can see a trade request coming!

Another season without going to the playoffs. Love ain't sticking around there. He's knows Minnesota can only do so much to field a competitor as opposed to the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night's complete shallacking, I am not sure KLove would want to make the Lakers a destination any time soon especially if they keep Don'tknowi!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to call him Pringles.