• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JVR extended

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the annual cap hit per year is actually a good deal for the flyers..it will save them money and cap problems in the long haul..if they had given JVR the same type of deal as giroux, the two of them would have been up for pricey extenstions..this way..in years 3-4-5-6 of the contract, when JVR should be earning 5-5.5 mil, he will be earning about a mil less. makes sense to me. considering he looks to have the makings of an annual 30+ and maybe more goal scorer i see no problem with this.

...AND he doesn't have a NTC just in case he tanks.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...AND he doesn't have a NTC just in case he tanks.

Actually, everywhere that I've seen they've been stating that he does have a modified no-trade clause with this deal. I don't know what the exact terms of that clause are, but he does have one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, everywhere that I've seen they've been stating that he does have a modified no-trade clause with this deal. I don't know what the exact terms of that clause are, but he does have one.

i'm guessing one kicks in at 26 or 25, whatever the age is.. i cant remember.. kind of like the carter deal, where his kicks in next offseason

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stand corrected or should I say....CSN stands corrected because that's where I heard this rumor this morning. lol

"is new deal carries him two years past unrestricted free agency. The price for that waiver appears to be more money, which is common in the NHL. He will be 29 when the deal ends. There is a modified no-trade clause within the deal."

Flyers make leap of faith with JVR's extension

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about it either. This kid is not going to tank...lol It will be difficult however deciding when to select him in upcoming live fantasy drafts. As for his actual contract, I fully expect JvR to be a $4.25 million bargain when his new contract kicks in for the 2012/13 season. This coming season is more of an unknown, which is fine because he'll only be making $1.654 million and will be a steal no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way thats true, have you forgotten Paul Homlgren is our GM? The only reason there is no mention of it must be because it is automatically assumed whenever someone signs with the Flyers.

lol Good point.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about it either. This kid is not going to tank...lol It will be difficult however deciding when to select him in upcoming live fantasy drafts. As for his actual contract, I fully expect JvR to be a $4.25 million bargain when his new contract kicks in for the 2012/13 season. This coming season is more of an unknown, which is fine because he'll only be making $1.654 million and will be a steal no matter what.

What I meant by "tanking" was that if he becomes a mediocre, useless waste of ice time like ********, Homer and the boys could ship him and his bloated salary.

Will it happen with JvR? Highly unlikely, but a GM should be prepared just in case.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope JvR scores 40+ goals this season on a line with Giroux and puts all of the talk about whether he'll be worth $4.25 million to bed. It's not as crazy of a number as you might think. I know it's a small sample size, but he had 7 goals in 11 playoff games, which is a very high rate of scoring. It's not just the goals he scored either, he was completely dominant for long stretches throughout the playoffs and really should've even produced more.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
as he continues to put on muscle he will continue to dominate

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope JvR scores 40+ goals this season on a line with Giroux and puts all of the talk about whether he'll be worth $4.25 million to bed. It's not as crazy of a number as you might think. I know it's a small sample size, but he had 7 goals in 11 playoff games, which is a very high rate of scoring. It's not just the goals he scored either, he was completely dominant for long stretches throughout the playoffs and really should've even produced more.

i dont think anyone is saying he wont be worth it? i dont think he'll be worth it this season, which makes perfect sense because this extension kicks in next season.. i think he will at least play up to his contract during the 2012-13 season when this contract starts.. after that he'll probably progress even further making this is a bargain deal in years 2-6

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think anyone is saying he wont be worth it? i dont think he'll be worth it this season, which makes perfect sense because this extension kicks in next season.. i think he will at least play up to his contract during the 2012-13 season when this contract starts.. after that he'll probably progress even further making this is a bargain deal in years 2-6

People outside of Philly are going to scoff at a $4.25 million per year deal for a 22 year old kid that hasn't scored more than 40 points in a season through only two seasons. I mean, can you imagine how many players around that age with similar stats and/or background there are currently or in the near future that may now want this kind of a deal? It just looks bad at first, but after looking into it, you realize that he's likely about to have a big time breakout season and may even be the second best player on the team by the time his new contract kicks in. I sure hope that is the case come October of 2012.

I agree that in the long run this was probably an excellent move by the Flyers. They just avoided having to pay JvR $5-6 million per maybe 4 seasons from now and instead will potentially be looking at that kind of a deal 7 seasons from now. This extension makes it a lot easier to re-sign Giroux when his contract is up.

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was smart
I just went with the reason I became a fan in the first place
and got the Pelle Linburgh
Ill never regret it and can wear it forever