• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Smith

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see everybody moving on from the Cowboy. Last word was he was going to decide yesterday. Still nothing. My only concern here is that Aldon seemed to feed off of Justin. Will Dokett,Tank, Armstead ,etc help A. Smith be a factor like he once was?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good to see everybody moving on from the Cowboy. Last word was he was going to decide yesterday. Still nothing. My only concern here is that Aldon seemed to feed off of Justin. Will Dokett,Tank, Armstead ,etc help A. Smith be a factor like he once was?

Better to find out now than to re-sign him to a big contract and find it was all Justin's doing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 49ers save some money. They have a lot of cap space now. Kind of hurt to see him walk away. 1 more year would of been great. to lose 3 starting players from retirement hurts. 2 All pro players.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space not the top issue for me really. It was just to know who the players are going to be this season. Thank you Justin for the years you were with the 9ers. I personally with miss you on this team.

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna miss him as a player but good luck him in his next journey in his life

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a rival fan I have nothing but respect for Justin Smith. He was the player whose name was not called by the announcers constantly, but had a HUGE impact on the field.

I quoted the post above because it was exactly what I was thinking: In my mind, Justin Smith was one of the main reasons that the LB corps was so effective. He kept 2 OL busy and allowed the LBs to roam more freely and use their athleticism without getting tied up. This was no more apparent than when Aldon was closing in on the sack record. Justin went down to injury late in the season and Aldon essentially disappeared. In some respects you have to consider that Aldon might be a much less effective player when he is playing behind someone other than Aldon.

Good luck replacing him. There is a lot of youth potential on your DL, but no one there has proven yet that they can have anywhere near the type of impact that Justin Smith had.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is Dockett can replace much of the production that they are losing in Smith I feel, the bad news is they are losing the team leader. So we'll have to see how things go. Hopefully Bowman can get back sooner than later and help sure things up at ILB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a rival fan I have nothing but respect for Justin Smith. He was the player whose name was not called by the announcers constantly, but had a HUGE impact on the field.

I quoted the post above because it was exactly what I was thinking: In my mind, Justin Smith was one of the main reasons that the LB corps was so effective. He kept 2 OL busy and allowed the LBs to roam more freely and use their athleticism without getting tied up. This was no more apparent than when Aldon was closing in on the sack record. Justin went down to injury late in the season and Aldon essentially disappeared. In some respects you have to consider that Aldon might be a much less effective player when he is playing behind someone other than Aldon.

Good luck replacing him. There is a lot of youth potential on your DL, but no one there has proven yet that they can have anywhere near the type of impact that Justin Smith had.

it is always hard to replace GOOD players, this applies to every team.

of course we don't have anyone who has proven what Justin proved, cause it takes time to gain it. ie all top players were at one time, proving themselves. This 'proving' also applies to every team.

my point is this is just the natural order of the NFL, good players leave and new players rise up.