• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Smith is not the same any more

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm sorry, but I think the days of Justin Smith being an all-pro' DE are over. I'm not saying he isn't still really good, but his age is starting to show. This is why I advocated trading him before the 2012 season when he could've garnered a top-15 pick.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer; I'm just pointing something out nobody else has.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He's still one of the better 5-techs in all of football. He might not be his 2011 self, but he's still damn good. Plus, if we traded him who the hell would we have on the DL now?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
age and the injury is perhaps slowing him down... he's not his old self but he wasn't in his prime to begin with...

despite that, Cowboy is still our beast and a heck of player... I still want that die hard player til he says he's done...

Justin attacking the inside though, IMO, is neutralizing his attack... he needs to attack from the edge like he use to....

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to finger point one single player, but the whole team has sucked.

I blame Harbaugh, DC, OC.

*so when do we talk about extension for Harbaugh?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Meh. He's still one of the better 5-techs in all of football. He might not be his 2011 self, but he's still damn good. Plus, if we traded him who the hell would we have on the DL now?

You mean prior to the 2012 season? Well, I was hoping they'd trade him & move up to get Dontari Poe (whom I called the 2nd-best non-QB in the entire draft). :(

I have no idea what they could get by trading him now, but if Carradine gets healthy & plays well, maybe that's not such a bad idea.

I hope Baalke's thinking outside the box.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH yeah... Justin Smith sucks now. :L

what a numbskull you are sickness.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesn't make sense to move Justin after the 2011/12 season/playoffs.. he was out of this world amazing...

he had that injury and its lowered his beast level....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OH yeah... Justin Smith sucks now. :L

what a numbskull you are sickness.

Don't cry because I pointed out how childish you act and 95% of the people on SportsHoopla consider you a troll (which you are). You're entirely making things up right now.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but he is still disruptive. The problem isn't Justin.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
that doesn't make sense to move Justin after the 2011/12 season/playoffs

This statement (a common one) is what doesn't make sense because it's doesn't even take into consideration what could have been acquired in return.

JSmith is not the same dominant player any more. As soon as Carradine gets acclimated, it's time to get some value for him while he still has some. It's not like there aren't other gaping holes that could use filling.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Side note: I can't remember....what were the names of the super-trolls on the ESPN boards? Can't believe these guys names aren't burned into my brain. I know there was Nolan Nonsense, who I figured is Toby Tyler, but who was the super spaz who made a million posts and basically wanted to murder Smith?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't cry because I pointed out how childish you act and 95% of the people on SportsHoopla consider you a troll (which you are). You're entirely making things up right now.

Thanks man. Too bad threads like these make you look like a fucking monkey.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement (a common one) is what doesn't make sense because it's doesn't even take into consideration what could have been acquired in return.

JSmith is not the same dominant player any more. As soon as Carradine gets acclimated, it's time to get some value for him while he still has some. It's not like there aren't other gaping holes that could use filling.

to be clear, I'm talking about at that time, not now. Which period are you referring to?(i know you were for a Jsmith trade then)

At that time, who was a realistic player or prospect worth replacing Jsmith after that campaign? what could've been realistically acquired?

I agree Justin isn't the Justin that was thrashing Giants OL n Eli but he's still a beast and when the Tank is ready, the Tank will crush...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note: I can't remember....what were the names of the super-trolls on the ESPN boards? Can't believe these guys names aren't burned into my brain. I know there was Nolan Nonsense, who I figured is Toby Tyler, but who was the super spaz who made a million posts and basically wanted to murder Smith?

Cazic.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...clyde? :laugh3:

awkward.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
to be clear, I'm talking about at that time, not now. Which period are you referring to?(i know you were for a Jsmith trade then)

I'm referring to either one. If the Niners traded him prior to the 2012 season, they could've gotten a top-15 pick. They could've made the move to get Poe.

If they traded him now, I don't know what they could get. But the Niners' roster is quickly turning into swiss cheese, and if they have a guy to replace JSmith (Carradine), it may be time to ca$h in while he still has value.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm referring to either one. If the Niners traded him prior to the 2012 season, they could've gotten a top-15 pick. They could've made the move to get Poe.

If they traded him now, I don't know what they could get. But the Niners' roster is quickly turning into swiss cheese, and if they have a guy to replace JSmith (Carradine), it may be time to ca$h in while he still has value.

think someone would've given a top 15? thats high expectations...

I still wouldn't have... his performance spoke for itself...

now is pointless, no one will make a high price move to give for justin.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
now is pointless, no one will make a high price move to give for justin.

Yes, but either Justin or Tank is going to be on the bench the majority of the snaps this season. With as many holes as the Niners have, you gotta unload the strong positions for weaker ones.

Trade Justin once Carradine is healthy (the Niners could still get something good).

Once Lemonier proves he's the 2nd-best OLB on the team (which I'm confident he will), trade Brooks.

Here are the positions that need to be fixed IMO:

*NT
*WR
*CB
*Safety
*C - Goodwin is one of the most overrated players in the league IMO. He's drafting behind the great *guards. He needs to be replaced ASAP.
*Backup DL.

That's a lot of holes.