• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Jefferson Signs 4/140 Contract with Vikings. 35M AAV.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more Kirk trying to shake us down for every last red cent.

Yah, you can enjoy Christian Ponder 2.0 launching it to him..

I mean hey, maybe it was time to let Kirk go, but I don't think you guys are getting a major upgrade there.

Kirk admittedly had a decent defense in 2018/19, but since then it's been abysmal. In 19' you guys had a shot but ran into the 49ers who probably would've beat anyone that year in the NFC.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings were transparent that they were probably going to draft Kirk's replacement. He did not "like that".

And if they wanted to keep him, they could have offered him what Atlanta did. But they didn't want to pay out the nose for a guy who has gotten them to the playoffs twice in 6 years. And it's coming off an Achilles injury.

Atlanta made him an offer he couldn't refuse, after they tampered with him before they were supposed to. And they still blindsided him by hedging their bet and drafting Penix.
Kirk was playing MVP level ball before getting injured.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really need to hope McCarthy develops quickly and is, at the very least, good. As good as all the weapons are, watching Sam Darnold miss them and throw the ball to the other team will be frustrating as hell. The over/under on McCarthy starting around 5.5?
You could say this about any team that’s drafts a QB lmao. I bet the Bears, Commanders, Patriots and Broncos are hoping for the same thing with the QBs they took.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wasn't. He had a couple of good games before the injury, before that he struggled against the Bears and Panthers.
1. Dug you out of a 0-3 hole.

2. During those games he threw 10 TDs, only 2 interceptions.

3. Had over 30 completions all those games.

4. His only double interception game you won.

5. Then he beat the Niners and Green Bay.

6. MVP

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Wilfs are extremely loyal to their staff. Spielman got way too long of a rope given that he could never find a QB and they had to throw money (A lot of money) at the problem.

If they are on board with JJ and his development, they will give KAM/KOC through 2025, even if we are picking on the top 10. I think the only thing that gets them fired is if JJ gets in and he looks like Ryan Leaf.
That is what I was thinking and why Zimmer lasted 8 seasons, despite just 4 seasons of being over .500.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he wasn't. He had a couple of good games before the injury, before that he struggled against the Bears and Panthers.
when he got injured. He was one of the top QBs in the league at that point. He was on a MVP pace when he got injured.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Dug you out of a 0-3 hole.

2. During those games he threw 10 TDs, only 2 interceptions.

3. Had over 30 completions all those games.

4. His only double interception game you won.

5. Then he beat the Niners and Green Bay.

6. MVP

He dug us into that hole with bad home losses to The Bucs and Chargers. His great game in a loss to the Eagles makes his stats look better. When you throw 40 or 50 times a game with the weapons he has, he damn well better have 30 completions.

He got out-dueled by Baker Mayfield. And in the loss to the Chargers, he made the decision to not spike the ball 1st and goal with 30 seconds, let the clock run and run a Chinese fire drill play that ended with him getting picked off. He then said he was not authorized to spike it by his coach. That should speak volumes itself.

That double interception game was against the worst team in the league and one of them was a 99 yard pick 6. He also got a TD from our defense.

Defeating the Bears with Tyson Bagent for most of the game is not much of an accomplishment.

I'll give him the 9ers game, Jordan Addison had his coming out party that day thanks in large part to Kirk.

I don't know what to make of the Packers game. They played like absolute shit and it wasn't even really the Vikings making them look bad. As evidenced by later in the season when they came in and kicked the shit out of us.

Kirk will always have good to very good numbers because he is a good QB that doesn't take a lot of risks. But coming from someone who has watched every one of his games since he signed with the Vikings, an MVP he is not.