• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just get in...

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The previous three Super Bowl champs got into the playoffs through the wild card. We need to win at least 5 of the last 6 to make it in with minimal help. Az plays the eagles next week so we'll pick up a game on the loser of that game. (I'm assuming we beat the Rams) I'm just not hitting the panic button quite yet. I feel like the last two games could have been W's with a couple of lucky bounces. The Saints game proved that our defense is still good enough to go into any stadium and give us a shot to win. If our offense can start making those 1 or 2 plays, like the Vance McDonald drop on the deep ball against Carolina or Frank Gore's drop last week, we will get enough from the offense to win.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not time to hit the panic button, but the margin for error is very small at this point. We've got to take care of business, starting tonight. And the way the offense has played lately, I don't think we can take any opponent lightly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
obviously, the 49ers have to win.

its fun looking at the play-off races, and the meriad of possibilities, but its really the 49ers just winning. if we lose more games and don't get in, then we didn't deserve it.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous three Super Bowl champs got into the playoffs through the wild card. We need to win at least 5 of the last 6 to make it in with minimal help. Az plays the eagles next week so we'll pick up a game on the loser of that game. (I'm assuming we beat the Rams) I'm just not hitting the panic button quite yet. I feel like the last two games could have been W's with a couple of lucky bounces. The Saints game proved that our defense is still good enough to go into any stadium and give us a shot to win. If our offense can start making those 1 or 2 plays, like the Vance McDonald drop on the deep ball against Carolina or Frank Gore's drop last week, we will get enough from the offense to win.

Didn't Baltimore win their Division ?

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Baltimore win their Division ?

Yes you are right. I forgot they opened the wild card round at home. My point was that the champs have earned it by winning on the road in the playoffs. It is possible.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what postition were in just get in. I don't care who has home field just win. It's been like five years since team with home field won sb right?

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are right. I forgot they opened the wild card round at home. My point was that the champs have earned it by winning on the road in the playoffs. It is possible.

I see your point man, we just dont seem to be a "hot team" Carolina, hell even Arizona are looking like the hot teams right now. This game is pretty much make or break tonight if we are gonna be one of those hot teams it better start tonight.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point man, we just dont seem to be a "hot team" Carolina, hell even Arizona are looking like the hot teams right now. This game is pretty much make or break tonight if we are gonna be one of those hot teams it better start tonight.

We have seen the "hot" teams in the regular season go 1 and done. I just want to get relatively healthy and go from there. Hopefully having Crabs, Boldin, & Manningham will get Kap his confidence back and we can go on a run in the playoffs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to pad kaps stats with that extra playoff game

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still 5 games left..... Wasn't just 3 games ago we were one of the hottest. Honestly they might be getting hot too soon.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can live with the type of performance we got from Kaepernick last night. 15 completions, 3 TD passes and no INTs.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can live with the type of performance we got from Kaepernick last night. 15 completions, 3 TD passes and no INTs.

where was the play action passes? i think we could have blown up the skins through the air or at least got them to back off. then gore would have hurt them.

boldin and davis were wide open last night. horrible secondary.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can live with 0 INTs and a TD every 5 completions?

Yeah, no duh, Watson

:yahoo:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article written last week, not saying I agree:

You have to lose to win in NFL

Through 11 weeks of the season, the Broncos and the Seahawks look like the NFL's two best teams and are prohibitive favorites for the Super Bowl. Near-locks, even. Right?

Ha. No. Not even close. The Broncos and Seahawks have almost zero chance of winning the Super Bowl this year. And you would know that if you knew anything about NFL history.

Each of the past eight Super Bowl champions have been awful for stretches of the second half of the regular season. Each of them have had THEY'RE DONE AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE FIRED columns penned about them.

Last year's Ravens? They lost four of five in December and fired their offensive coordinator. The 2011 New York Giants lost five of six in November and December. The 2010 Super Bowl champion Packers lost three of four in November and December. The 2009 Saints lost their last three games. The 2008 Steelers lost two of three in late October and early November. The 2007 Giants -- the team that created the 18-1 New England Patriots -- finished the regular season 4-4. The 2006 Colts lost four of six in November and December. And the 2005 Steelers lost three in a row from late November into December.

History proves that if you want to be great in January and February, you'd better not be in November and December. The formula is: start well, then stink, then ... profit!

With that in mind -- and with the 9-1 Broncos and 10-1 Seahawks essentially eliminated -- who are the best Super Bowl bets?

San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers have lost two in a row and, at 6-4, are on the verge of falling out of the final wild-card spot in the NFC. The offense continues to struggle to put up points and Colin Kaepernick doubters are flourishing (giving Kaepernick many tweets to favorite). The 49ers' stock is way down. That's why it could never be higher.

Green Bay Packers

The Packers are 5-5 after losing three in a row and Aaron Rodgers to injury. It's easy to make the argument that Mike McCarthy has just been riding Rodgers' coattails since arriving in Green Bay. All hope appears to be lost. It might be time to plan the parade route.

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs lost their first game of the season and all of their critics are yelling about their easy schedule and how they've been feasting on backup quarterbacks. Plus, what has Andy Reid ever won? Next week the Chiefs face Philip Rivers and the week after that the Broncos and Peyton Manning again. Not exactly Jeff Tuel and Jason Campbell. If Kansas City can lose those two games to make it three in a row, they're as strong a Super Bowl lock as you'll ever see.

That's it. Those are the three and only three Super Bowl favorites. Sure, fans of the Cowboys, Jets and Lions might say: "What about us? We're in playoff contention and people are writing us off! We're losing! Don't we have the Super Bowl formula?" No. You don't. Sorry. If we're using recent history as a guide to pick the Super Bowl favorites, we can't ignore history as a guide to pick the Super Bowl favorites: the Cowboys, Jets and Lions aren't getting anywhere near a Super Bowl.

But nothing is set in stone. Sports are unpredictable. That's part of what makes them so great. Maybe the Broncos and Seahawks still have a shot at hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February. But they need to start losing. And fast.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting it in is what its all about

o shit wrong thread

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The season is far from over, though. Several recent super bowl winners have looked downright bad at the end of the year and then have come alive in the post-season. We'll need to play well to make the post-season, but I think there's a chance this team could play spoiler. Especially if Crabtree comes back at anything close to 100%.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The season is far from over, though. Several recent super bowl winners have looked downright bad at the end of the year and then have come alive in the post-season. We'll need to play well to make the post-season, but I think there's a chance this team could play spoiler. Especially if Crabtree comes back at anything close to 100%.

This team changed over night under Jim Harbaugh because of scheme and physicality. The divisional win against the Saints was a body bag game. The last two seasons the team has played in some very big games and playing that type of physical ball takes a toll. So I think a part of it could be that they just don't get as "up" for regular season games unless their backs are against the wall. The coming to life in the playoffs is a real possibility for this team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My long post above was a copy and paste of an article I read. It talks about this fact, that SB winners recently share a common theme of struggles in the regular season. It seems similar to the idea that pre-season winners are in for a long season, often because they sold out to win then (preseason) and either didn't develop, showed their plays, got overly confident, played easy preseason schedules against teams that didn't care for winning (just evaluation and getting reps), etc. Of course, there are exceptions.