• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julio Jones was just robbed again, almost exactly like last week..

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with there being no PI calls because generally the WR is bigger, faster and stronger than the DB. Shit if Julio could push off and use his size and strength without fear of penalty he'd have 500 YPG. That may be what he needs to start doing at games end. The officials are clearly hesitant to throw flags so he should use that to his advantage

That's fucking nonsense, especially just grabbing an arm or hand. That is so cheap it makes it almost impossible for a receiver to catch the ball. We're not talking about both players just going for the ball and making extra contact.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with there being no PI calls because generally the WR is bigger, faster and stronger than the DB. Shit if Julio could push off and use his size and strength without fear of penalty he'd have 500 YPG. That may be what he needs to start doing at games end. The officials are clearly hesitant to throw flags so he should use that to his advantage
I've seen a lot of really ticky-tack OPI called today (multiple in the SEA-AZ game already). I'm not really sure what they can do to get it mostly right, but I really think they should add PI to the challenge-able plays. As long as they don't give extra challenges, it shouldn't really mess up the flow of the game any more than replay already does.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of really ticky-tack OPI called today (multiple in the SEA-AZ game already). I'm not really sure what they can do to get it mostly right, but I really think they should add PI to the challenge-able plays. As long as they don't give extra challenges, it shouldn't really mess up the flow of the game any more than replay already does.
That's a great idea honestly. Even if you said you only get like 2 PI challenges per game. That way teams aren't challenging every pass. Just the important ones

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fucking nonsense, especially just grabbing an arm or hand. That is so cheap it makes it almost impossible for a receiver to catch the ball. We're not talking about both players just going for the ball and making extra contact.
That's the point. If you're not going to call the DPI there then the offensive player should be able to do the same. There isn't a CB in the league that could stop Julio from catching a pass of he could use his size, speed and strength to get them off of him

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Julio is def. getting robbed on some plays. Definitely was PI last week on Sherman (although that IMO should NOT have resulted in an Atlanta win since Kearse's non PI should've resulted in Seattle at the 1 with 1st/goal) but he got hosed again this week.

Julio is IMO the best receiver in the NFL IF HEALTHY. I would've taken him over Brown with #1 overall in PPR league but again, he gets some injury bugs.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. If you're not going to call the DPI there then the offensive player should be able to do the same. There isn't a CB in the league that could stop Julio from catching a pass of he could use his size, speed and strength to get them off of him

It doesn't work the other way though. all a receiver can do is push off, what good would grabbing a db's hand or arm do ?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't work the other way though. all a receiver can do is push off, what good would grabbing a db's hand or arm do ?
Pushing off is huge. Separation for a guy like Julio and it's game over. Re add listically what we've seen all year ( and not just in Falcons games ) is that refs simply are not going to call late penalties. A guy like JJ may as well use that to his advantage

klbynes500

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm happy because the Chargers won this game--I'm a Charger fan.

Atlanta gave this game away. Failing to stop the Chargers' one-dimensional attack, in the waning part of the game? Three critical missed opportunities to complete long-yardage receptions to wide open receivers, by Matt Ryan. Lacking push from the offensive when running the ball, in the second half, although Freeman continued to run for positive yardage. Failure to make adjustments when Gordon came out of the backfield as a receiver. No attempt of a blitz from the DC in the second half nor OT. After seeing success of this idea in previous games, Shannahan never used the idea to create a potentially beneficial mismatch: putting Freeman in the slot.

Granted, Coleman was injured.

Again, I'm happy that the Chargers won this game...the Falcons choked.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's what it cost them. The game is 60 minutes long so it's irrelevant who led by 17 and them blew it or who came back. The truth and reality is the game was tied and another call was blown. The call cost 12 yards I'm a kick that hit the crossbar. The call 100% cost them the game.

Nah...I agree refs are turning a blind eye for some reason on Julio, I don't get that, but you're reaching to say that one call cost the Falcons the game. Lot of contributing plays...Matt's pick, going for it on your own 45 on 4th down and not getting it, etc.

Yeah, that play makes it a closer FG, but you're assuming the kick goes thru...short FGs have been missed (AZ vs SEA).

It was a bad loss for ATL...a bad one.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons might lose out the rest of the way.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...I agree refs are turning a blind eye for some reason on Julio, I don't get that, but you're reaching to say that one call cost the Falcons the game. Lot of contributing plays...Matt's pick, going for it on your own 45 on 4th down and not getting it, etc.

Yeah, that play makes it a closer FG, but you're assuming the kick goes thru...short FGs have been missed (AZ vs SEA).

It was a bad loss for ATL...a bad one.
Of course there are other plays that could have been made. That's not the point. When the call was blown the game was tied. That's the reality of the situation. And the kick was then missed. If Bryant kicks that same ball from 46 yards the kick is good, that's also reality. No one is saying teams can't play better during a game BUT teams,are playing against another team who is trying to make plays too. The refs don't have another set if officials on the field trying to stop them from doing their job. All they have to do is get the call right. That's what BOTH teams,want. If they're going to swallow their whistles in the last 2 minutes just go ahead and pull them off the field and let the players play it out. I'm fine with that but if they're going to be on the field then they need to do their job. That's all

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes after the ball, the DB has the same opportunity.
Having more ability doesn't give the opposing player license to grab his arm.
That is about the worst thing a db could do because you can't catch the god damn ball when your arm is held down. It's not far from just sticking out a foot and tripping a RB.

He's very physical and handsy while he runs downfield. Like most physically imposing superstar receivers, he gets away with a lot of pushing and shoving in his routes. But nobody cares because he plays offense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there are other plays that could have been made. That's not the point. When the call was blown the game was tied. That's the reality of the situation. And the kick was then missed. If Bryant kicks that same ball from 46 yards the kick is good, that's also reality. No one is saying teams can't play better during a game BUT teams,are playing against another team who is trying to make plays too. The refs don't have another set if officials on the field trying to stop them from doing their job. All they have to do is get the call right. That's what BOTH teams,want. If they're going to swallow their whistles in the last 2 minutes just go ahead and pull them off the field and let the players play it out. I'm fine with that but if they're going to be on the field then they need to do their job. That's all

I'm 100% with you on the refs...I mean two weeks in a row to have blatant PI calls overlooked or missed really looks bad for the NFL....Blank is not the kind of owner that would piss a fit about it, but if this were happening to a NE WR back to back weeks, maybe enough stinks gets raised to put PI review on the agenda for the owners.

Yes...the reality is they were tied, but you're assuming something to say the kick is good from 46.

Idk if you get to hear the radio call of the game, but Wes and Arch were a lot more animated about the call in SEA...yesterday they certainly recognized the miss, but focused more on the blown opportunity after being up 17...the local fans calling in to sports talk seemed to be the same way.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very physical and handsy while he runs downfield. Like most physically imposing superstar receivers, he gets away with a lot of pushing and shoving in his routes. But nobody cares because he plays offense.

Yes, I see every game...he is physical, idk about getting away with a lot of pushing and shoving though...but let's say you're right...are you suggesting the refs are swallowing the whistle because of his style of play?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% with you on the refs...I mean two weeks in a row to have blatant PI calls overlooked or missed really looks bad for the NFL....Blank is not the kind of owner that would piss a fit about it, but if this were happening to a NE WR back to back weeks, maybe enough stinks gets raised to put PI review on the agenda for the owners.

Yes...the reality is they were tied, but you're assuming something to say the kick is good from 46.

Idk if you get to hear the radio call of the game, but Wes and Arch were a lot more animated about the call in SEA...yesterday they certainly recognized the miss, but focused more on the blown opportunity after being up 17...the local fans calling in to sports talk seemed to be the same way.
Sure that makes sense. Atlanta was behind in SEA, yesterday they were not so the call was not as important. I'm not just pointing out the ATL games. Refs have been terrible all over the league this year

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I see every game...he is physical, idk about getting away with a lot of pushing and shoving though...but let's say you're right...are you suggesting the refs are swallowing the whistle because of his style of play?

To a degree, yes. You see the same thing with Brandon Marshall, and used to see it with Megatron. Refs will let them get away with a lot, but don't expect those same refs to bail them out when it happens to them. It's like the offensive version of Sherman, gotta take the good with the bad.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree, yes. You see the same thing with Brandon Marshall, and used to see it with Megatron. Refs will let them get away with a lot, but don't expect those same refs to bail them out when it happens to them. It's like the offensive version of Sherman, gotta take the good with the bad.

I can buy that...it makes sense on some level...unwritten rules, and the old "Jordan" rules.

I get hand fighting during the route...that has become part of the game almost. The part that is getting lost though is these are blatant misses or non-calls...given that this may be happening to other big WRs, maybe the refs are trying to even the playing field on their own...ultimately this might lead to PI review which could help both sides.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they're not. All calls need to be made BUT dome are more important to the games outcome. Those calls need to be spot on. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive

So you are saying the refs that are human have to be spot on but the Falcons you are human don't need to be spot on and plat 2 good halves of football. Makes sense.:L Peace.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the refs that are human have to be spot on but the Falcons you are human don't need to be spot on and plat 2 good halves of football. Makes sense.:L Peace.

That should say So you are saying that the refs who are human need to be spot on but the Falcons who are human don't need to be spot on and should play 2 halves of good football to win Makes sense. :L Long night cut me some slack. Peace.