• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julio Jones was just robbed again, almost exactly like last week..

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that a Falcon fan would focus on this rather than the idiotic decision to go for it on 4th and 1 in their own territory in overtime. Of course that decision was made because Quinn realized his defense wasn't stopping Rivers from moving the ball at will.

But sure, focus on a questionable non-call. May have been PI, but that doesn't mean Jones catches the ball and it certainly doesn't mean Atlanta wins the game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the refs that are human have to be spot on but the Falcons you are human don't need to be spot on and plat 2 good halves of football. Makes sense.:L Peace.
I'm saying the Falcons are competing against an opponent so it's ridiculous to assume that that opponent won't also be trying to make plays. The refs aren't competing against anyone. They're there to do a job and they are doing it. That goes for refs all over the league. I gravitate to this one because I'm a Falcons fan but I've seen terrible officiating in every game this year. The "they're just human" response is a cop out. They have a job to do that they're supposed to be the best at ( that's why they got the job ). Make the calls that need to be made. That's not asking a lot

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying the Falcons are competing against an opponent so it's ridiculous to assume that that opponent won't also be trying to make plays. The refs aren't competing against anyone. They're there to do a job and they are doing it. That goes for refs all over the league. I gravitate to this one because I'm a Falcons fan but I've seen terrible officiating in every game this year. The "they're just human" response is a cop out. They have a job to do that they're supposed to be the best at ( that's why they got the job ). Make the calls that need to be made. That's not asking a lot

The Falcons need to make the plays that they needed to win the game as well. Like they did in Denver. There has been terrible officiating in every sport since the beginning of time. I suggest if you are going to blame the refs for every Falcons loss maybe you shouldn't watch football anymore. Or any sports. Bitching and crying over it isn't going to change anything. Carry on though if you feel the need to. Peace.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons need to make the plays that they needed to win the game as well. Like they did in Denver. There has been terrible officiating in every sport since the beginning of time. I suggest if you are going to blame the refs for every Falcons loss maybe you shouldn't watch football anymore. Or any sports. Bitching and crying over it isn't going to change anything. Carry on though if you feel the need to. Peace.
I'm not blaming the refs. Asking for responsibility from one person doesn't mean you are absolving someone else of theirs. EVERY game had plays that could have happened differently. What people are failing to recognize is that the game itself is played by 2 teams who are BOTH trying to win. Every play has winners and losers. The refs job is easier because no one is trying to prevent them from doing it. Just DO YOUR JOB and we won't have issues. The Falcons lost for a variety of reasons BUT that doesn't mean a missed blatant PI call with 10 seconds left wasn't one of them. It was. It was terrible ( again ) and it cost them the game. All other things aside the game was tied. A FG was missed from 58 yards that certainly would have been good from 46. That's reality. People need to stop treating the officials with kid gloves. They have the easiest most straight forward job on the field. Get it right or get off the field.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that a Falcon fan would focus on this rather than the idiotic decision to go for it on 4th and 1 in their own territory in overtime. Of course that decision was made because Quinn realized his defense wasn't stopping Rivers from moving the ball at will.

But sure, focus on a questionable non-call. May have been PI, but that doesn't mean Jones catches the ball and it certainly doesn't mean Atlanta wins the game.

Good post...except it wasn't questionable.

It has come up, but most of the monday morning QB talk here has been about the pick, the decision to go for it, and the DEF.

Gotta admit, the Bosa kid is a player...(my OH St golf now buddy wishes we had kept our bet...over under sack bet was 10 and I had the under)...Schraeder is having a pretty good season and he got the better of him. One play the play was designed to go left and he just gave him a half hearted brush thinking he wasn't going to get there...he did...the other sack he was flatout beat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have been PI, but that doesn't mean Jones catches the ball and it certainly doesn't mean Atlanta wins the game.

If it's PI, he doesn't have to catch the ball. We'll never know what could've happened after, but the right call certainly would've put the Falcons in a better position to win.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the the guys still salty that the falcons lost

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pushing off is huge. Separation for a guy like Julio and it's game over. Re add listically what we've seen all year ( and not just in Falcons games ) is that refs simply are not going to call late penalties. A guy like JJ may as well use that to his advantage

I agree if it's not going to be called either way, push off.
I think 2 straight losses is enough reason to make sure he has enough space to not get his arms grabbed the next critical play.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone really surprised about the Falcons the last two weeks? It is exactly what happened last year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone really surprised about the Falcons the last two weeks? It is exactly what happened last year.

No surprise, and Matty will turn back into Matty sooner rather than later