• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Smith

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit just waived Josh Smith. Could be a good addition of the Warriors.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think J Smith probably will be end up in Dallas.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. DO NOT WANT.

There is not a current Warrior in the rotation I would play him over.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. DO NOT WANT.

There is not a current Warrior in the rotation I would play him over.
What if I told you that Kerr would reignite his competitive fire, particularly at the defensive end, and he would NEVER hoist a three? Gotta confess, under those terms, I'm interested.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I told you that Kerr would reignite his competitive fire, particularly at the defensive end, and he would NEVER hoist a three? Gotta confess, under those terms, I'm interested.

So whose minutes would you give him, under your kind of impossible scenario?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whose minutes would you give him, under your kind of impossible scenario?
Unfortunately, I think the minutes would sort themselves out as bodies fatigue and fall over a long season. And never underestimate the inspirational power of Coach Kerr. Just ask Mo Buckets.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible fit & a possible cancer, ruining their great start & chemistry.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think there are far too many things that need to go right in order for this addition to be successful. Josh has been in decline the last few years. He doesn't provide much of what we need. We have lots of wing scorers. We have depth at the 4, especially with HB being able to play there when we go small.

Smith has horrid shot selection and is a ball stopper. Also he could affect the chemistry of this team, which would be my biggest concern.

Also Kerr does get credit for Mo Buckets revival, but give some credit to Mo too. He was admittedly out of shape last year. This offseason he put in the work and it's shown.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWarriorsfan
Or we could just slowly poison each of our players slowly with antifreeze.

10.gif

A couple of hours after I made this post I was watching some sports show on tv and the analyst (a basketball analyst) used the same word, "poison" in relation to Smith. Smith is an example of someone who came into the league with tons of talent and potential but whenever his prime was, that came and went a long time ago. I'm not even sure that Popovich could get Smith to play the game the right way. Smith is well-locked into old bad habits that have forever defined him as both "big and talented" and "major under-achiever".

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston, you have a problem (we all hope :) )

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston, you have a problem (we all hope :) )

Koblix,

I didn't mean to sound so negative about your thread here...the way I dismissed the suggestion or possibility that Smith join the Dubs. In watching the NBA for a good while now, I've just heard announcers and analysts have been so down on Smith for so long now. Anyway, I didn't mean my negative comments to be an insult to you. I don't want to stifle people from wanting to start good and interesting threads.

Again, sorry.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Josh Smith is much better player than half of the GSW's roster. Smith could be a good addition to the Dubs. I think he would be a better player to come off the bench than Lee. But why did Detroit released him? probably because he is not a great leader in the locker's room with the contract that he is getting, but he can be great on a good team. Both Houston and Dallas will be a good fit for him. In favor to the W's, just hope his bad altitude will bring down team that he picks, but if a team he picks keep winning, you won't hear a thing about it...that is how it is happened in sports...

Oh well, it looks like the Dubs will lose again tonight..another blowout *sigh*...

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters to OKC, josh smith to Rockets...we just need the Warriors to trade for Turner and we're back in the finals against CLE with JR.