• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Sitton

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised no one else has brought this up yet, but he was very candid about the Detroit Lions Tuesday afternoon.

He wasn't saying anything that other people haven't already thought about the Lions, but I'm a bit surprised he said all that he did and was that blunt. The seed has been planted and everyone will be paying attention to their defense, so maybe in that regard it was smart to say.

I don't if I'd give anyone on their d-line any extra motivation, however the game turns out people will continue to talk about his comment and the "role" it played in the outcome.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say Rodgers chances are slim to none for playing but he was taking practice reps yesterday and with Sitton kind of warning the refs that they take dirty shots maybe there is a shot that AR will play. JS might just be baiting the refs into giving a few penalties but he is also lighting a fire under their D's asses. All I know is I hope spending turkey day with a Lions fan works out for me like the last game. And for Gods sake please no more bulletin board material boys.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was just ruled out for Thursday. MM is pissed that Sitton opened his mouth

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers was just ruled out for Thursday. MM is pissed that Sitton opened his mouth

I definitely would be too. It's one thing for it to be discussed in the locker room and meeting room, but this should't be out there for public consumption.

Like I said, maybe it was smart to plant the seed and get people looking at the Lions defensive play, but most already believes the Lions defense plays dirty

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time Flynn played against the Lions it was an epic performance. Lets hope he repeats himself.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen! Just saw that the team put Franklin on IR and promoted Aiyewa

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say anything that was untrue that's for sure. I just wish he would have said it when I felt better about our chances of winning :)

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are already under a microscope, the league/refs didn't need to be alerted of anything. And if professional players need any more motivation than a game for the division lead on a national stage with 5 games left then they are in the wrong profession. I don't think anything positive will come out of Sitton's words.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are already under a microscope, the league/refs didn't need to be alerted of anything. And if professional players need any more motivation than a game for the division lead on a national stage with 5 games left then they are in the wrong profession. I don't think anything positive will come out of Sitton's words.

Agreed on all accounts.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand McCarthy's point of view. Anyway, is it really the whole D? I always thought itcwas just that sociopath Suh.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said. But sometimes I think this stuff gets overblown. I don't think anything negative comes out of this too.

This sort of stuff happens a lot these days. When's the last time you saw "bulletin board material" backfire? I can't think of anything right off hand. Not that it's not a big deal and I'd rather not hear it, but it's sort of a non-issue, IMO.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a shot to back it up. The 2 biggest offenders on that team are Suh and Fairley. They both line up on the inside, so Sitton needs to have a good game and keep those 2 under control. That's a tall task, I hope he can get it done.