• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman Speaks the Truth

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, josh. Go after the ones that fund your huge salary. Dan Snyder deserves every boo he gets. It is a travesty what he has done to this once storied franchise. And Josh, or any other Redskin, deserves to be booed if their production comes no where close to what it should be.

Josh will be gone next year. Count on it.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins have knowledgeable, dedicated fans. They show well on the road wherever they go. I get where he is coming from but when fans see the same stupidity from ownership for 2 decades it's hard to blame them.

That said, that Skins D is tough and will travel well if they have to go to N.O. or LA in the playoffs. Norman just keeping them on their toes IMO.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not only do we have what might be the most delusional fan-base in the NFL. Now we're growing delusional players as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you play like crap , you get booed . that showing versus the falcons deserved every damn boo given out

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - this is a tricky one. No doubt Norman should keep his mouth shut, but players are human & are going to say things like this out of frustration or just being emotional.

As for fans - well they pay the $$ so I guess that they are entitled to their opinion & the Redskins have certainly been awful at times at FedEx. There are also tons of fans for opposing teams at most games, but IMO that is a sign of the times. Season ticket plans are very expensive & many fans are going to sell tickets for games vs popular teams (Boys, Packers, Steelers, etc) since it will help cover a big chunk of their overall bill. Can you blame them? This happens just about everywhere.

Perhaps Norman will learn his lesson & take back some of his comments later this week.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell Norman to go play in Philly. It is a great place for guys who are sensitive.

Just ask Santa Claus. :D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Norman was once kicked out of a Halloween party because he couldn’t handle his boos

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Norman was once kicked out of a Halloween party because he couldn’t handle his boos
giphy.gif

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is, Norman is correct! He didn't come out and say it but, his comments was directed at the ownership and front offices. The team is 6-3 right now and yet fans have long ago spent their benefit of doubt capital. If we are now in any mode it is...if it's possible for things to go badly, then it will happen to this team. We are jilted, jaded and simply fed up with the ineptitude of this organization and the product that it has fielded since Snyder has taken ownership.

Some folks took his remarks, "(Shoot), we can play all the games on the road if you ask me." as a insult to the home fans, but were they? I think not!

Fed-Ex field during home games, in case you've missed it lately, are indeed road games. It's become usual to note large, boisterous, contingents of the opposing team's fans filling seats where we once saw home team fans inn them. Additionally, the booing that he referred to, is probably a result of those fans being there. This is a very deep seated problem for Mr. Snyder and it's going to take more than a winning season to solve, but first he has to recognize it for what it is. Unfortunately for those of us who bleed burgundy and gold, money is not issued in team colors. The seat is sold for a particular game, the question for Mr. Snyder is, does it matter who's sitting in it?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Norman is getting ready for his full game chorus of boo's!!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - this is a tricky one. No doubt Norman should keep his mouth shut, but players are human & are going to say things like this out of frustration or just being emotional.

As for fans - well they pay the $$ so I guess that they are entitled to their opinion & the Redskins have certainly been awful at times at FedEx. There are also tons of fans for opposing teams at most games, but IMO that is a sign of the times. Season ticket plans are very expensive & many fans are going to sell tickets for games vs popular teams (Boys, Packers, Steelers, etc) since it will help cover a big chunk of their overall bill. Can you blame them? This happens just about everywhere.

Perhaps Norman will learn his lesson & take back some of his comments later this week.

It might happen everywhere, far as fans selling their tickets when popular teams are scheduled to play there. But I've yet to see and even moreso hear a contingent of away fans at any stadium like you can FedEx. When we played the Falcons you could hear (like he was a hometown favorite player) fans screaming Sanuuuuu for Mohamed Sanu every time he caught a pass.

Last time the Steelers were at Fed Ex it literally looked like Heinz Field there was so much black n yellow in the stands. Its hard to blame Skins fans though. Snyder has been absolutely terrible owner and it might not be as bad if he was just a regular terrible meaning if he let football people make football decisions. But Snyder himself gets all up in the mix and buddies up to and coddles players. Gets exposed for being a lying dickhard by disgruntled ex-employees (Sincere thanks for that Shanny. As that was the last straw for me personally)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that the experience going to a game does not live up to cost. This includes the play on the field. People boo because after 20 years of poor performance, they aren't taking it anymore. 10 years ago, one could not imagine where a time where you could walk up to Fedex and buy a ticket to see the game. For any game. This is how bad Snyder has fucked this thing up. The boos are deserved. IF Morgan doesn't want to be booed, then play better.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a lot of reasons for the fan situation. An owner who did not respect the fans and was only interested in them for money. Almost 30 years of mostly poor football. How many teams have the fans watched go 6-2 only to end up 8-8. The DC area is full of people who are not DC residents, that has always been the case and will continue to be the case.

I agree that Dan Snyder has to show more good will to the fans. He took a step by hiring Brian Lafemina, time will tell if that pays off. I am happy to see that the Redskins are 6-3 but still not sure how this will play out. I am hoping for 10-6 at this point but just not ready to put horse in front of the cart yet. Look at last Sunday, in many ways they were dominated but yet they won the game. Maybe that is their MO or maybe they got lucky. The next 8 days will give us a good idea which direction the team is headed in.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bashed Norman earlier for his comments, but I have to give him props for his follow up actions. He bought 50 tickets and walked the local mall, giving the tickets to faithful redskin fans. That is putting your money where your mouth is. Although it says something about the status of the franchise when he can even buy 50 tickets 3 days before the game..........