• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman released

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman had his free-agent tender from the Carolina Panthers rescinded on Wednesday, making him an unrestricted free agent.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get um. Cut carr and claiburn. Draft Ramsey and we are set!!!! I can dream can't I :lol:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's going to take 16M plus and Dez's blessing

just don't see any how or any way

plus we are now facing the possibility that we may not have DeMarcus Lawrence for 4 games so we may have to do something in that area

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus we are now facing the possibility that we may not have DeMarcus Lawrence for 4 games so we may have to do something in that area
I hope it's not at 4 with Ramsey on the board. I think a situational speed rusher can be found down the line. Not into Boza

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's not at 4 with Ramsey on the board. I think a situational speed rusher can be found down the line. Not into Boza
No Boza for me either. Hardy may be back after all with today's news.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree take ramsey. They will be back in the 5th game. Can get pass rushers, and rb later,

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly will have the money once Bradford is dealt.:D

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could losing out on P. Robinson have been a blessing in disguise.??? I don't see it happening but JJ is an all in guy. Imagine the hatred that would build between us and the Gmen. Odell vs Norman twice a year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if the Cowboys will get involved, but Norman would completely change the look of the defense. If you had Norman and a returning Scandrick, along with Jones and possibly Ramsey, the Cowboys would go from a sub-par secondary to one of the most talented in the league

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the 49ers are "expected to be the early front-runner" for free agent CB Josh Norman.

The 49ers have been one of the main teams linked to Norman in his first seven hours of free agency. According to Robinson, the Jaguars also "have interest." Jacksonville and San Francisco are currently Nos. 1 and 2 in cap space, with each having over $50 million available under the cap. It'll come in handy if this becomes a bidding war, which it very likely will. Per ESPN 49ers reporter Paul Gutierrez, Norman is "intrigued" by the idea of playing in California.

I am curious what prompted the panthers to rescind. Also no way we can compete with the niners or Jags on Contract pricing. While I would love to see him play here, I am not entertaining the thought of the possibility.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if the Cowboys will get involved, but Norman would completely change the look of the defense. If you had Norman and a returning Scandrick, along with Jones and possibly Ramsey, the Cowboys would go from a sub-par secondary to one of the most talented in the league
Absolutely. Signing Norman isn't like bringing in a "good" player or drafting a guy like Ramsey or Hargreaves. When you have the chance for great, game changing players you do it when it fits your teams needs and you can make it happen. Year one is always easy, it's down the road that you worry about. Almost half of his salary is paid by cutting Carr. You also have some current cap space and can cut Church or restructure Dez (I only restructure guys that you know are here for the long term. Not really a big problem year 1. Next year I worry and that is when the Romo restructures that some seem to think were smart hurt us. His cap hit actually goes even higher in 2017. Norman and Scandrick at CB. Jones and whomever at Safety. Wow, what a difference. Even with a guy like Church you can just leave him in the box most of the game and not ask him to do the things he isn't good at. Then you still go defense at #4 - probably DL, but could still go Ramsey or Hargreaves if they see them as the best guy.

At the very least you must bring in this kid and talk to him. I for one would love this signing from a talent point of view, but you need to talk to him about what he is looking for. There are still a couple of teams out there with a ton of cap room. We can't win a bidding war, so hopefully we don't try if it gets to that. Even a great player has a max value you don't want to go over in a Cap World. But this is one I try to get in the middle of if I am the Cowboys Front Office. My other concern is something we don't know about is going on. Why did pull the offer? They made a SB last year so I'm thinking there is more here than meets the eye.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the 49ers are "expected to be the early front-runner" for free agent CB Josh Norman.

The 49ers have been one of the main teams linked to Norman in his first seven hours of free agency. According to Robinson, the Jaguars also "have interest." Jacksonville and San Francisco are currently Nos. 1 and 2 in cap space, with each having over $50 million available under the cap. It'll come in handy if this becomes a bidding war, which it very likely will. Per ESPN 49ers reporter Paul Gutierrez, Norman is "intrigued" by the idea of playing in California.

I am curious what prompted the panthers to rescind. Also no way we can compete with the niners or Jags on Contract pricing. While I would love to see him play here, I am not entertaining the thought of the possibility.
Pretty much a perfect summary of the situation. Seems strange to pull the offer right before the draft unless something happened. Our chances are more based on him thinking Dallas is more the 12-4 team we were two years ago than the 4-12 team last year and forgoing a lot of money...but...we all know that doesn't usually happen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Signing Norman isn't like bringing in a "good" player or drafting a guy like Ramsey or Hargreaves. When you have the chance for great, game changing players you do it when it fits your teams needs and you can make it happen. Year one is always easy, it's down the road that you worry about. Almost half of his salary is paid by cutting Carr. You also have some current cap space and can cut Church or restructure Dez (I only restructure guys that you know are here for the long term. Not really a big problem year 1. Next year I worry and that is when the Romo restructures that some seem to think were smart hurt us. His cap hit actually goes even higher in 2017. Norman and Scandrick at CB. Jones and whomever at Safety. Wow, what a difference. Even with a guy like Church you can just leave him in the box most of the game and not ask him to do the things he isn't good at. Then you still go defense at #4 - probably DL, but could still go Ramsey or Hargreaves if they see them as the best guy.

At the very least you must bring in this kid and talk to him. I for one would love this signing from a talent point of view, but you need to talk to him about what he is looking for. There are still a couple of teams out there with a ton of cap room. We can't win a bidding war, so hopefully we don't try if it gets to that. Even a great player has a max value you don't want to go over in a Cap World. But this is one I try to get in the middle of if I am the Cowboys Front Office. My other concern is something we don't know about is going on. Why did pull the offer? They made a SB last year so I'm thinking there is more here than meets the eye.
He would walk in as the best defensive player on the team. Add that to a top defender at 4.....(though a lot of people are saying Elliott is the Cowboys guy)