• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman is an idiot...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a list of comments Josh has set up to bite him in the ass down the road. Hardly seems very bright to me.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DT is now 1 of only 3 players in NFL history to have 4 consecutive seasons of at least 90 receptions and 1,300 yards. The only other 2 are Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice both in the HOF.

Slow down on the HOF and spare me the homer accusations. Coming from you it rings a bit hollow.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down on the HOF and spare me the homer accusations. Coming from you it rings a bit hollow.

I wasn't trying to claim him to be HOF yet. I was saying to say he stinks when his numbers have been outstanding most of his career is just not actually looking at the player.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be an idiot but Washington is better with him so I'll put up with this fucktard for 2 years.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to claim him to be HOF yet. I was saying to say he stinks when his numbers have been outstanding most of his career is just not actually looking at the player.

I already admitted that I mistook him the TE with the same last name. It was early and the java hadn't kicked in yet :noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already admitted that I mistook him the TE with the same last name. It was early and the java hadn't kicked in yet :noidea:

Right but I was writing in the sense that you were talking about DT since at that point you hadn't corrected yourself.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be an idiot but Washington is better with him so I'll put up with this fucktard for 2 years.

that actually is the issue/question. Will he make your team better. PHI thought Maxwell would make them better, too. Is Norman a true shutdown, or is he a system DB? Or if he is a system guy does Wash have the players to again make Norman look good?

We should know in about 4 months.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that actually is the issue/question. Will he make your team better. PHI thought Maxwell would make them better, too. Is Norman a true shutdown, or is he a system DB? Or if he is a system guy does Wash have the players to again make Norman look good?

System DB that benefited from a ferocious front 7.......if he never uttered a word, he would viewed for what he is, "solid corner" in a great system

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the other issue is also the contract. While I do think he makes them better is there another player or players you could have brought in that would have made you better and deeper as a team more so than that of Norman? I mean he is taking up a nice chunk of the Cap so in order for him to be worth it he has to be more than just an above average Corner. He has to continue to be in that elite Corner category. We have seen way too many guys switch teams and switch schemes that really go out and struggle. Asomugha who played for the Raiders and Eagles is to me the best example of this. He went from being talked about among the top-3 Corners in the league to complete liability when he switched schemes.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember when the Eagles got Nnamdi and thought they got the best cb ever lmao. This kind of reminds me of that.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know Julius Thomas was the Jacksonville Jaguars last year? He wasn't playing for the Broncos. The Denver Broncos the defending Super Bowl Champs. Peace.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty confident he's better than Blackmon or Dunbar

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman's a dork. What an annoyance that would be on a team, spouting off stuff 24/7 and being loud and annoying, especially after you've only done it one season and got spanked in the Super Bowl with your douche QB at the helm.

Washington played zone coverage almost exclusively last year... spare a little later so I'd probably say he'll fit in fine with Washington. That said, if I was a teammate of his at this point though I'd probably be like, "Dude, STFU!" I'd say Beckham got in Norman's head more than the other way around... Norman can't shut the hell up about the guy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the other issue is also the contract. While I do think he makes them better is there another player or players you could have brought in that would have made you better and deeper as a team more so than that of Norman? I mean he is taking up a nice chunk of the Cap so in order for him to be worth it he has to be more than just an above average Corner. He has to continue to be in that elite Corner category. We have seen way too many guys switch teams and switch schemes that really go out and struggle. Asomugha who played for the Raiders and Eagles is to me the best example of this. He went from being talked about among the top-3 Corners in the league to complete liability when he switched schemes.

Carr wasn't top-3, but got paid like one and sucked in the new Dallas scheme from his KC days. It happens probably more often than not when a big DB changes teams.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident he's better than Blackmon or Dunbar

lol, I'm sure as well. But is he so much better he is worth paying that much more for? If a system has issues no one player can solve it and a better CB can probably cover up a lot more of the issues than an average guy. I think of it in baseball terms of WAR. If I can get a guy that gives me .1 WAR for $1M or a guy that gets me 1.1 WAR for $10M...is the extra 9M worth the difference? In baseball it probably is. In a cap system, probably not.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think it's going to be hard for Josh to live up to the dollars on his contract.

Regardless, a definite upgrade and with Breeland on the other side, should be a fun duo to watch this year.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm sure as well. But is he so much better he is worth paying that much more for? If a system has issues no one player can solve it and a better CB can probably cover up a lot more of the issues than an average guy. I think of it in baseball terms of WAR. If I can get a guy that gives me .1 WAR for $1M or a guy that gets me 1.1 WAR for $10M...is the extra 9M worth the difference? In baseball it probably is. In a cap system, probably not.

Definetly overpaid but it ain't my money so I'll ride with him for a couple years. Hopefully Fuller pans out and Breeland/Fuller are the CBs going forward. I don't like the lip he has for sure but Joe Gibbs isn't running things anymore unfortunately