• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman is an idiot...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
105 catches in a season where everyone said he sucked, with an awful QB situation

Thats pretty much the opposite of sucking

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Norman lie in this statement?

"I don't know what he was out there for," Norman said. "He was supposed to be an all-world guy, and I shut him down."

For guy 29 y/o with 7 CAREER INTs...STFU...Julio torched his ass LY.

I will say this for him...running his mouth with I'm the best, etc...got him on the NFL map and a great FA contract, but he's a decent CB, not a special one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
105 catches in a season where everyone said he sucked, with an awful QB situation

Thats pretty much the opposite of sucking

Well DT is now 1 of only 3 players in NFL history to have 4 consecutive seasons of at least 90 receptions and 1,300 yards. The only other 2 are Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice both in the HOF.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DT is now 1 of only 3 players in NFL history to have 4 consecutive seasons of at least 90 receptions and 1,300 yards. The only other 2 are Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice both in the HOF.

"Blows"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For guy 29 y/o with 7 CAREER INTs...STFU...Julio torched his ass LY.

I will say this for him...running his mouth with I'm the best, etc...got him on the NFL map and a great FA contract, but he's a decent CB, not a special one.

No doubt about it.....He knows how to market himself, and he should capitalize now, because he is my heavy favorite to be the most disappointing player this season

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman went to Cal, Josh Norman went to Coastal Carolina. Academically miles apart. Of course Richard Sherman sounds better spoken than Josh Gordon.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well have to remember he doesn't play for the Patriots and there is no talent outside of the Boston area.

Yup, Rex is the face of "They all suck if they dont play for my favorite team"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman went to Cal, Josh Norman went to Coastal Carolina. Academically miles apart. Of course Richard Sherman sounds better spoken than Josh Gordon.

I thought Sherman went to Stanford?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman and Norman are on different planets intellectually

Sherman is pretty well thought out, and even his outrageous stuff makes you stop and think for a second

Norman doesnt even make sense

"NFL officials are in bed with the Mob"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you tell um dirt. You're above all that

Youre in a thread where i called a guy an idiot for saying Demaryius Thomas sucks

Does he play for my favorite team?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it.....He knows how to market himself, and he should capitalize now, because he is my heavy favorite to be the most disappointing player this season

He started this chatter LY early (wisely) and it was posed to the Falcons WRs...is Norman an elite CB...Julio being kinda soft spoken said something to the effect, he's good, but he's not special...game 1...CAR blew out the Falcons, but they played Norman on with pretty results even though Julio took him deep for 46 on one.

Game 2...more chatter from Norman and Julio went off...had nearly 100 yds at the half...touched him up for 6 on a 70 yd bomb as well.

Norman thrived with that great front 7 in CAR and cover 3 scheme...imo, he's not really a lock down guy that doesn't need help over the top. He can play, I don't want to put it out there that he can't, but that's a lot of talk for a guy there really just emerged as a top CB in the league.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started this chatter LY early (wisely) and it was posed to the Falcons WRs...is Norman and elite CB...Julio being kinda soft spoken said something to the effect, he's good, but he's not special...game 1...CAR blew out the Falcons, but they played Norman on with pretty results even though Julio took him deep for 46 on one.

Game 2...more chatter from Norman and Julio went off...had nearly 100 yds at the half...touched him up for 6 on a 70 yd bomb as well.

Norman thrived with that great front 7 in CAR and cover 3 scheme...imo, he's not really a lock down guy that doesn't need help over the top. He can play, I don't want to put it out there that he can't, but that's a lot of talk for a guy there really just emerged as a top CB in the league.

Couldnt agree more......As a Giants fan, it was pretty embarassing how much he got in Beckhams head that day, but Odell not only went for 9, 76 and 1, he also dropped 2 passes that would have resulted in 11, 175 and 2, in which Norman was absolutely torched.........Ive heard he gets more help, as you mentioned, over the top, than any "elite" corner in the league

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started this chatter LY early (wisely) and it was posed to the Falcons WRs...is Norman an elite CB...Julio being kinda soft spoken said something to the effect, he's good, but he's not special...game 1...CAR blew out the Falcons, but they played Norman on with pretty results even though Julio took him deep for 46 on one.

Yeah honestly this is the year he has to prove he belongs. He will be playing in a much different scheme and I'm not sure his skills translate to what the Redskins like to do. Throw in there is a difference between only having to cover a guy for 3 seconds and that of 5 seconds. Carolina I think realized that while Norman is good that he is also helped quite a bit by the scheme and talent around him. This is why I always say that players from major programs surrounded by NFL talent are some of the hardest to evaluate because are they the ones that are making everyone else good or is it that they have gotten some very favorable match ups because of the people around them?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of noise from a 28/29 year old corner who has had one good year in his career.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah honestly this is the year he has to prove he belongs. He will be playing in a much different scheme and I'm not sure his skills translate to what the Redskins like to do. Throw in there is a difference between only having to cover a guy for 3 seconds and that of 5 seconds. Carolina I think realized that while Norman is good that he is also helped quite a bit by the scheme and talent around him. This is why I always say that players from major programs surrounded by NFL talent are some of the hardest to evaluate because are they the ones that are making everyone else good or is it that they have gotten some very favorable match ups because of the people around them?

Yep...they liked him and wanted to keep him but not anywhere near the money he got from WAS.

Think WAS was a fairly heavy m-t-m team LY...I think they will be wise to change up and run some zone and not expose Norman as a man CB on the WR1 the whole season. I'm not sure how that would work.

Breeland is an up and coming CB himself, but they didn't pay all that money to put Norman on WR2.