• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh McDaniels

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
is returning to New England.

Per Schefter he'll be an offensive assistant for the playoffs, and OC starting next year.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's talk of Haley heading back to Arizona as well....

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I actually don't think this should be legal. McDaniels completed the season with the Rams. He shouldn't be able to coach until the offseason just as Braylon Edwards isn't able to play anywhere until then.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually don't think this should be legal. McDaniels completed the season with the Rams. He shouldn't be able to coach until the offseason just as Braylon Edwards isn't able to play anywhere until then.

Unless there is a tragedy warranting this move - I agree!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed as well. Why isn't there a law in place prohibiting this?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a pretty good point. If the Patriots get to the Super Bowl, they have the bonus of McDaniels coaching experience against the 49ers, Saints, Giants, and Packers from earlier in the year. All of which seem to be the likely Super Bowl opponent.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is a pretty good point. If the Patriots get to the Super Bowl, they have the bonus of McDaniels coaching experience against the 49ers, Saints, Giants, and Packers from earlier in the year. All of which seem to be the likely Super Bowl opponent.

spygate now this move?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be allowed. I mean if a player were to get cut after his teams last game is it illegal for him to sign on with another team? I don't think the NFL should hold coaches up from accepting jobs with other teams. I mean this is not typically something you see every year anyway. The Rams let him go and the Patroits were losing their offensive coordinator so it was just the timing of the 2 that created this situation. I really don't get why it should be an issue.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it should be allowed. I mean if a player were to get cut after his teams last game is it illegal for him to sign on with another team? I don't think the NFL should hold coaches up from accepting jobs with other teams. I mean this is not typically something you see every year anyway. The Rams let him go and the Patroits were losing their offensive coordinator so it was just the timing of the 2 that created this situation. I really don't get why it should be an issue.

Yes it is. I believe week 10 is the deadline for players to sign on with new teams if they're cut.

For example, the winner of tomorrow's game could not sign Braylon Edwards to get information about the Niners. Once Edwards was cut, his season was over.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be showing my ignorance (or Alzheimer's) but I seem to recall us signing a player during the playoffs one year. A pass rusher? Haley maybe? In that scenario however, I think he was on the street when we signed him. I'm not sure he even played in a game but I recall them signing someone. Again, the difference is (if memory serves me) he was on the street and had not played. I wonder if that's still legal?

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Charles Haley was indeed signed, but he was coming out of retirement and was, as you say, on the street. For instance, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss are still available free agents. But Braylon Edwards, as he was cut following Week 10 remains unavailable.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Haley was indeed signed, but he was coming out of retirement and was, as you say, on the street. For instance, Terrell Owens and Randy Moss are still available free agents. But Braylon Edwards, as he was cut following Week 10 remains unavailable.

Thanks Mind. Good to know I'm still somewhat lucid.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Jason Hill cut then? I really thought it was after week 10 and yet everyone was talking of signing of him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Braylon is healthy yet. I think I'd rather have him instead of Swain.