• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh McCown

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone expected him to do what he's done. Manage the game? Sure. Do what he's done. No way.

I couldn't be more impressed with him.

After his 1rst start I mentioned somewhere on this board , I think he has a better grasp of this O right now than Jay. I'm not surprised.
Love what he's doing. Putting pressure on Jay to out perform him. If or when comes back.
Love Jay, but not $20 mil ( or the 16-17 mil franchise tag) worth of love. When Josh is getting the job done for $850,000.
Just think Jay has a lot of work to do to get that big paycheck from the Bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his 1rst start I mentioned somewhere on this board , I think he has a better grasp of this O right now than Jay. I'm not surprised.
Love what he's doing. Putting pressure on Jay to out perform him. If or when comes back.
Love Jay, but not $20 mil ( or the 16-17 mil franchise tag) worth of love. When Josh is getting the job done for $850,000.
Just think Jay has a lot of work to do to get that big paycheck from the Bears.

Jay will probably get somewhere just north of 16 mil over 3 years. Which is fair.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're completely overstating that. Jay doesn't have anymore of those than any other QB. McCown made quite a few poor throws tonight, got away with some stuff. Not that Jay hasn't in the past.

Yeah, of course McCown has 1 INT vs Cutler's 8. LOL... Look at the defenses he played against. WSH, GB, STL, MIN, and DAL. Not to mention, Cutler has played TWICE as much football as McCown.

Those are arguably 4 of the 5 worse defenses in football along with ourselves. STL being the only NFL defense, and even they're not good. Josh did a real good job in his time here of finding open guys, reading defenses, and not taking too many chances.

Can't wait to see what Jay can do. This offense might actually start to light up the scoreboard versus real defenses.

What was I over stating?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was I over stating?

Jay does not have 2 to 3 balls hitting DB's in the hands per game. That's absurd. No legit NFL QB has that.

He'll have one game where he'll have two or so balls hit DB's in the hands and the announcers will comment on it. Then he'll go a while without it happening, and then it will happen again a few games later. Just like every other QB.

Jay's balls don't magically bounce off of opposing DB's more so than anyone else.

McCown got lucky a couple times tonight.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay does not have 2 to 3 balls hitting DB's in the hands per game. That's absurd. No legit NFL QB has that.

He'll have one game where he'll have two or so balls hit DB's in the hands and the announcers will comment on it. Then he'll go a while without it happening, and then it will happen again a few games later. Just like every other QB.

Jay's balls don't magically bounce off of opposing DB's more so than anyone else.

McCown got lucky a couple times tonight.

My point exactly.Yes Josh got lucky. But Romo should have had 2 picks as well.
Just said DBs are DBs for reason.
Didn't say Jay throws to em more often than others. But he has his fair share. I usually don't listen to announcers.
It would be an interesting stat to follow.
I would say Jay would lead the league , with how many throws he makes to a covered Marshall.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point exactly.Yes Josh got lucky. But Romo should have had 2 picks as well.
Just said DBs are DBs for reason.
Didn't say Jay throws to em more often than others. But he has his fair share. I usually don't listen to announcers.
It would be an interesting stat to follow.
I would say Jay would lead the league , with how many throws he makes to a covered Marshall.

I'm pretty sure Jeffery and Marshall were about even in targets from Jay prior to his injury. Martellus Bennett also had a lot too.

Last year, sure he forced balls to Marshall. But what choice did he have?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown has a 1 game win streak and all of a sudden is a Joe Montana clone. Did anybody watch the Vikings or Rams games?. He played a great game against a pre defeated Cowboys team that is the worst pass defense in the league. Wow we should sign him to a 5 year contract and then we will be set. Next year maybe Jordan Palmer can get in a game and we can do it all over again.

:lol:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown has a 1 game win streak and all of a sudden is a Joe Montana clone. Did anybody watch the Vikings or Rams games?. He played a great game against a pre defeated Cowboys team that is the worst pass defense in the league. Wow we should sign him to a 5 year contract and then we will be set. Next year maybe Jordan Palmer can get in a game and we can do it all over again.

:lol:

This

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler was named starter this week. Thoughts?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Cutler was named starter this week. Thoughts?

He's healthy enough to play, why is this even controversial? Because McCown beat a pathetic Dallas defense? Give me a break, quit overreacting. He's a good backup, maybe even better than half the starters we've had for the last 50 years, but he is nowhere near as good a QB as Jay Cutler.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's healthy enough to play, why is this even controversial? Because McCown beat a pathetic Dallas defense? Give me a break, quit overreacting. He's a good backup, maybe even better than half the starters we've had for the last 50 years, but he is nowhere near as good a QB as Jay Cutler.

Yeah but, I'm a Cutler fan. I'm just trying to get a sense on how you guys feel.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He called himself healthy enough to play once already. No question if he is healthy he should play, but if he starts limping after halftime again I hope the hook is swift this time.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Jeffery and Marshall were about even in targets from Jay prior to his injury. Martellus Bennett also had a lot too.

Last year, sure he forced balls to Marshall. But what choice did he have?

Yep. Marshall was the only thing close to a reliable target. Tice didnt use Forte out of the backfield. Under Martz, Forte was a team leader in receptions.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah its different having 2 franchise receivers, that makes it easier for players like M Bennett, Earl Bennett and matt Forte to get the ball to when you have 2 legit threats down field.