• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon finishes rehab for a 4th time, wants back in the NFL

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully defend your right to drug test your employees. I'm sure they agree to it when they take the job, but I'm just curious. As a business owner, wouldn't it be more cost effective to simply terminate employees for inefficiency as opposed to drug testing them with the assumption that if they took drugs they would be inefficient?
I'm just being proactive.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just being proactive.
Okay. Like I said, it's your company, I think you should be able to higher any person for whatever reason you want, I'm just curious about how cost-effective this is.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Like I said, it's your company, I think you should be able to higher any person for whatever reason you want, I'm just curious about how cost-effective this is.
It has worked very well for me.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smokes pot and drinks beer, and gets banned

cushing gets busted for PEDs every year and everything is fine

NFL is a joke

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't own a business so you aren't in any position to question my motives.

I'm not questioning them.

I asked a simple question.

A couple actually.

I now realize you don't want them showing up for work half in the bag. I get that.

But if you are testing, then it's for more than that. Cause tests pick up what you did before coming to work.

Yet I think you said the night before was their business. Just be sober in the morning for work.

So I don't get the testing part.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe they do. some idiot called up local radio yesterday saying the pats should give calvin johnson a call.

none of the hosts said a thing, so i called and corrected them. only time ive called a radio station. the lions own his ass and wont let him go.

same reason barry sanders never came back. the lions owned him, and wouldnt trade his rights away ever.
You don't want him anyway.

He might as well have retired prior to his last season.

We lost games because he didn't care. Maybe 70% effort.

I'm sure the Lions would take a second rounder for him. Dude cost them 13 mil to not play last season. Worst contract I've ever seen. And im a Lions fan, I've seen plenty.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning them.

I asked a simple question.

A couple actually.

I now realize you don't want them showing up for work half in the bag. I get that.

But if you are testing, then it's for more than that. Cause tests pick up what you did before coming to work.

Yet I think you said the night before was their business. Just be sober in the morning for work.

So I don't get the testing part.
Just STFU.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just STFU.

That was strange. He was asking normal questions in a respectful way. Why did you come back with STFU? I was also curious about what your answer would be. As long as they dont come to work stoned/drunk whats the problem? I'm curious as to what your workers do cause many studies have shown that people with repetitive jobs crank out more work while smoking weed. I'm curious if an employee had an addiction if you'd help them?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to what your workers do cause many studies have shown that people with repetitive jobs crank out more work while smoking weed.
My employees are sales professionals and don't have repetitive jobs. They have to deal with folks from all walks of life in a professional manner. Having drug addled or alcoholic employees is not a recipe for success.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get a damn thing done until I get a little addled in the morning.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a silly rule.

Absolutely.

However, you have the opportunity to live a dream life, playing NFL football for millions of dollars. Not to mention, be a star in the league.

You were informed of the rules beforehand. Don't break them 27 times, and you won't have to fight so hard to get reinstated.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My employees are sales professionals and don't have repetitive jobs. They have to deal with folks from all walks of life in a professional manner. Having drug addled or alcoholic employees is not a recipe for success.

Sales professionals are pretty well known for having drinks with clients after hours. Why shouldn't that extend to marijuana? If you were located in a state where it is legalized, would that change your policy?

That's another problem of drug testing; they're looking for the presence of drugs, which doesn't necessarily reflect the timing or quantity of intake to reflect drug abuse or an addictive problem like it typically does with alcohol.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it. Would you offer them help once they tested positive?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sales professionals are pretty well known for having drinks with clients after hours. Why shouldn't that extend to marijuana? If you were located in a state where it is legalized, would that change your policy?

That's another problem of drug testing; they're looking for the presence of drugs, which doesn't necessarily reflect the timing or quantity of intake to reflect drug abuse or an addictive problem like it typically does with alcohol.

Sales professionals are known to have drinks with clients? Actually depends, if your clients are long term customers, then perhaps. If it's retail sales, where everyone is a stranger then no. Let's not beat around the bush, drunks and potheads are not good employees.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sales professionals are known to have drinks with clients? Actually depends, if your clients are long term customers, then perhaps. If it's retail sales, where everyone is a stranger then no. Let's not beat around the bush, drunks and potheads are not good employees.

However, not everyone that drinks is a drunk, and not everyone that smokes is a pothead. However, drug tests don't distinguish that as well as sobriety tests. There are also medicinal and psychological reasons for marijuana use that should be allowed for. Many take marijuana for social anxiety and panic attacks, for example, and marijuana is a much safer option for pain control than the opiates that the NFL is quick to hand out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, not everyone that drinks is a drunk, and not everyone that smokes is a pothead. However, drug tests don't distinguish that as well as sobriety tests. There are also medicinal and psychological reasons for marijuana use that should be allowed for. Many take marijuana for social anxiety and panic attacks, for example, and marijuana is a much safer option for pain control than the opiates that the NFL is quick to hand out.

Employers are trying to avoid employees who party all weekend, then come to work washed out and just trying to make it thru the work day, doing as little as possible.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Employers are trying to avoid employees who party all weekend, then come to work washed out and just trying to make it thru the work day, doing as little as possible.

Of course they are, but can't you do that by observing them instead of placing all your faith in a test that may prove nothing other than they smoke at least occasionally? Alcohol is out of the system quicker, but often is a much bigger problem.