• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonathan Goodwin is washed up

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This guy needs to go. He used to at least run-block relatively well, but he doesn't even do that any more. His play has been lacking ever since he came to SF, and now it's just downright bad. He's drafting behind Iupati & Boone. The guy has one foot in retirement IMO. He needs to go. Now. Not next week. He's washed up.

He's washed up like Randy Moss was last year.

Promote Kilgore and find a backup.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Goodwin should have been cut and the cap savings gone towards signing a FA WR to fill in for Crabtree and if Kilgore or Looney can't take over at center by now and get the job done they can both go as well.

I have not isolated on Goodwin this year has he been that bad? Regardless, because of his age and salary i would have cut him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd hate to beat a dead horse

but konz

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We were supposed to draft Frederick in the last draft, but the Cowboys OD'd by drafting him 4 rounds too early for liking. Fortunately, there will ge a few descent players at that position in next year's draft. Some guards I see in the college ranks would make a fine a$$ center if they were to make that position switch in the NFL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I see in the college ranks would make a fine a$$ center if they were to make that position switch in the NFL.

Like?

I'm still a huge fan of C James Stone from Tennessee, but nobody else on earth has noticed him.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone looks solid so far good in run blocking and decent pass blocking think he would grow into a pro bowl center

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just a hunch but I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that Sick doesn't like Goodwin...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore will be the starter next season and Goodwin will be gone, no worries.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore will be the starter next season and Goodwin will be gone, no worries.

Good I hope so, because if I have to see Goodwin poor snapping for another year I will scream

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with those who don't want to wait til next season to give Kilgore a chance to start.

IMO Harbaugh should let Kilgore start in London as a way to kick the tires on him playing center for the rest of the season since the Jacksonville game isn't going to be much more than a glorified practice. Snyder can then get the reps as the extra lineman in the 'Big Boys' run formation.

And Goodwin can make sure the defense always has Gatorade on the sidelines.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for starting Kilgore now but I don't think it will happen..

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Kilgore couldn't be an upgrade right now. But continuity on the line is more important than most people think. So is the relationship between kap and Goodwin. Again not saying Kilgore can't be an upgrade. Just something to think about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The OL would be an unstoppable force with a good C.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how he killed the first drive in the Cardinals game? 3rd down, two rushers over top of him and he passed both of them to Gore and went ahead and tried to help Boone with a double team but pretty much just ended up standing by himself while Kap got sacked.

How do you have two rushers right in front of you and then decide to block neither of them because you think it is a better idea to go after the guy Boone is engaged with?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like?
I'm still a huge fan of C James Stone from Tennessee, but nobody else on earth has noticed him.

Gabe Jackson, David Yankey, Tre Jackson, Xavier Su'a-Filo, Spencer Long. I don't see a reason as to why these guys wouldn't be able to take Goodwin's job and play relatively well for us.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how he killed the first drive in the Cardinals game? 3rd down, two rushers over top of him and he passed both of them to Gore and went ahead and tried to help Boone with a double team but pretty much just ended up standing by himself while Kap got sacked.

How do you have two rushers right in front of you and then decide to block neither of them because you think it is a better idea to go after the guy Boone is engaged with?

he wouldn't have blocked either of them, so mght as well help boone