• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joker 2: Folie à Deux (2024)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right... there is a difference between Morbius, and Madame Webb failing than this... only the comic book fans know those are spiderman universe characters... and the movies at most make mild mention of spiderman...

Madame web, she was friends with uncle Ben...

Joker, everyone knows is linked to batman... so it is harder to convince people that the movies are not related...

And they leaned HEAVILY into batman mythos here

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they leaned HEAVILY into batman mythos here

agreed... and thats what angers me the most.... the first joker movie was a great depiction of one of the biggest criticisms about batman the hero... How all his villains are basically mentally ill, and how gotham had a huge divide between the rich and the poor...

which can be perceived that Batman was not ONLY fighting a corrupt city, but how he focused his interest in cleaning up the town for the WEALTHY and not for EVERYONE....

i remember an SNL clip that portrayed this very well to... odd that it came from SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.... Look it up,. but it was a great skit for this anti batman critique...

This movie being such an epic failure, doesnt allow us to seriously explore this interesting topic.... Hell, if done right, they could have made Batman a villian...

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole DC will be affected by this. Because of the previous regime, James Gunn already had a tough job in front of him, and this will make everything more difficult for the brand. I know it's unfair because the new DC Studios didn't have anything to do with this movie, but it is what it is, and to the general public this is still a DC project.

Penguin is a silverlining, but I don't think enough people are watching it to counterweight a failure as massive as Joker.
I am casual when it comes to DC. And I never got into DC comics (I made a legit attempt to get into Marvel in HS, but it was too daunting a task, so I bailed pretty quick).

But my default expectation for any live action DC project (TV or cinema) is that it will be campy AT BEST, but absolute garbage, most likely. They haven’t made a great movie since Dark Knight (and REALLY, that was almost entirely carried by Ledger). I liked Joker, but I didn’t like it as much as the general consensus. Same with The Batman.

DC has a long history of flop after flop after flop that their brand, in my eyes, is very tarnished. It will take a decent run for me to begin to compare them to Marvel.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am casual when it comes to DC. And I never got into DC comics (I made a legit attempt to get into Marvel in HS, but it was too daunting a task, so I bailed pretty quick).

But my default expectation for any live action DC project (TV or cinema) is that it will be campy AT BEST, but absolute garbage, most likely. They haven’t made a great movie since Dark Knight (and REALLY, that was almost entirely carried by Ledger). I liked Joker, but I didn’t like it as much as the general consensus. Same with The Batman.

DC has a long history of flop after flop after flop that their brand, in my eyes, is very tarnished. It will take a decent run for me to begin to compare them to Marvel.

pretty good take, but taking a shot at Man of Steel is upsetting.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is hilarious.

between this and the george washington stuff SNL still has some good hits.

i mean, a show that has been on air forever and has thousands of skits... they cant ALL be bad.... most sure... but there are still diamonds in the rough... this was definitley one...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, a show that has been on air forever and has thousands of skits... they cant ALL be bad.... most sure... but there are still diamonds in the rough... this was definitley one...

yeah

it was just they've been on a downward slope for a while now

the GW stuff is just absolutely fantastic.

It reminds me of this because of funny because it's true stuff you get there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is hilarious.

between this and the george washington stuff SNL still has some good hits.
I have a real hatred for Robin Hood, and this skit struck me as a pure Robin Hood love fest.

I am not bringing an unbiased opinion to the skit, though, to be fair.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the plus side... i read that Smallville is coming back!!!

the animated one?

After arrow i'm a little mad at smallville

if CW was going to ignore GA/Canary they coudl've ignored the insufferable trollop Lois Lane and given Clark a happy ending with Lana, the far superior choice.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a real hatred for Robin Hood, and this skit struck me as a pure Robin Hood love fest.

I am not bringing an unbiased opinion to the skit, though, to be fair.

damn....i didn't even see that. Now I can't unsee it.

But i absolutely get your point.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the plus side... i read that Smallville is coming back!!!
Wha?

I hadn’t heard this. Kristin Kreuk just started a new series, so I am guessing it will be a true Superman series, set in Metropolis? Could be interesting. Smallville was definitely quality.