• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twister 2: Twisters (2024)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sequel to Twister will be released on Friday, July 19, 2024 and star Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell, and Kiernan Shipka.

Super Bowl trailer:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Chase. Ride. Survive." poster:

nmo5w7f6t1ic1.jpeg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really understood the love affair with the first one. This is safely in the “wait for streaming” pile.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really understood the love affair with the first one. This is safely in the “wait for streaming” pile.

Eh the first was a cheesy pile of schlock, but still entertaining.

Paxton (RIP) is always great.
Hunt was solid.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman (RIP) you could tell really didn't care and just acted as goofy as ever. I think he legit had fun with it lol.
Elwes was unintentionally hilarious (couldn't help but think of the Star Wars empire noise whenever he came on the screen driving by).
Gertz as the sex therapist lol.

That movie had the perfect cast of cheeseball actors to carry it. Even the first tornado roared with a lion like noise lmao. Some of the effects were not bad either. A stunt driver really did drive that pickup through that house lol. And the whole movie was about deploying some dumbass trash can full of balls named Dorothy which made no sense at all WTF it was trying to accomplish lol.

Twisters 2 will suck. It'll try to take itself seriously and the CGI will probably be absolute crap.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hunt was solid.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman (RIP) you could tell really didn't care and just acted as goofy as ever. I think he legit had fun with it lol.
Elwes was unintentionally hilarious (couldn't help but think of the Star Wars empire noise whenever he came on the screen driving by).

That movie had the perfect cast of cheeseball actors to carry it. Even the first tornado roared with a lion like noise lmao. Some of the effects were not bad either. A stunt driver really did drive that pickup through that house lol. And the whole movie was about deploying some dumbass trash can full of balls named Dorothy which made no sense at all WTF it was trying to accomplish lol.

Twisters 2 will suck. It'll try to take itself seriously and the CGI will probably be absolute crap.
I saw a still somewhere (IMDB?) of a bunch of people hunkered down in a movie theater with one persons getting sucked up through a hole in the roof, or a broken down wall or something, with someone else lying on the floor holding on to her so she wouldn’t fly away. Meanwhile, there were a bunch of empty drink cups sitting in cup holders and on the ground not getting sucked up.

That kind of lack of attention to detail in these massive disaster movies takes me out of the scene and ruins it for me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a still somewhere (IMDB?) of a bunch of people hunkered down in a movie theater with one persons getting sucked up through a hole in the roof, or a broken down wall or something, with someone else lying on the floor holding on to her so she wouldn’t fly away. Meanwhile, there were a bunch of empty drink cups sitting in cup holders and on the ground not getting sucked up.

That kind of lack of attention to detail in these massive disaster movies takes me out of the scene and ruins it for me.

Oh yah that scene lol. They're at a drive in with The Shining playing and that scene happens. Eh whatever man... Twister was not some masterpiece of a movie... but it was entertaining and true 90s B movie material. There was no stupid woke/PC crap in it, just a turn your brain off movie lol. Not a lot of critical thinking needed to watch that film, and I miss movies like that especially these days.

I have to imagine the studio sat all the actors down and was like, "You guys know nobody will take any of you seriously with this film, right?" And all of them were like, "Yah no problem." :pound:As for your cup scene I wouldn't be surprised if some special effects guy was like, "Shouldn't the cups fly up too?" And Bont was like, "Yah probably." And when asked, "Well should we make that happen?" Bont was like, "Eh fuck it. It's fine."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_2191.jpeg

it was a thumbnail for Twisters on IMDB. I specifically remember there being a cup on the ground as well, but I don’t see it on this image. So I would guess I either a different thumbnail from a different place, or they changed the thumbnail since last night.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 354287

it was a thumbnail for Twisters on IMDB. I specifically remember there being a cup on the ground as well, but I don’t see it on this image. So I would guess I either a different thumbnail from a different place, or they changed the thumbnail since last night.

Oh lol, I thought you were referencing the first movie where they were at a theater (that was conveniently next to a warehouse with saw blades lol).

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hunt was solid.

Absolutely this.