• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see a thread for this one. Another tremendous effort from Taika Waititi , who also directed Thor Ragnarok. Some awards buzz, but probably too funny for the Academy.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my list of future rentables.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good film. Some great performances. Probably ScarJo's best performance.

The ending wasn't ideal but it was ok. But most of the movie was quite enjoyable.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't quite what I was expecting but I liked it a lot. Usually kid actors bug the shit out of me but I never once wanted to punt any of the kids in the ass out of a moving car.

Good movie.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been wanting to see this one, but it hadn't been available in RedBox anytime I went and looked.

It finally became available on HBO and I watched it on Friday.

I have to say it is one of the best movies I have seen in a while. Made you feel all the emotions and really a great story.

A little goofy at times, but really well done and fun when it needed to be but still hits the spot when it comes down to a good fucking story.

Kind of Wes Anderson-ish, but not really.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly quirky and enjoyable. Last year was a really strong year for movies.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://sportshoop.la/threads/jojo-rabbit-2019.298445/

Wrote this a while ago...

Pleasantly surprised by this film. It was particularly entertaining to see Hitler through the eyes of a brainwashed 10-year-old being played as an imaginary friend; making him an intentionally childish, chummy & foolish character. Perfect way to comically display one of the most vile people in human history that would have otherwise offended the masses. Even the German army (camp counselors) & Nazi gestapo were intentionally displayed as farcical characters so as to show the real horrors or the Third Reich in a gently comedic manner.

Overall it was a quirky & politically-driven film aimed at proving how satirical the entire Nazi party was. A destruction of the fascist way of life sotospeak, or more simply: social justice. What this film does particularly well is gut-punching you with emotion & realism when you least expect it, which brings the fun ride crashing back down to Earth. It also boasts A+ symbolism all throughout the film that gives deeper meaning to a lot of different aspects of this film.

8/10

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jojo Rabbit (2019)

Wrote this a while ago...

Pleasantly surprised by this film. It was particularly entertaining to see Hitler through the eyes of a brainwashed 10-year-old being played as an imaginary friend; making him an intentionally childish, chummy & foolish character. Perfect way to comically display one of the most vile people in human history that would have otherwise offended the masses. Even the German army (camp counselors) & Nazi gestapo were intentionally displayed as farcical characters so as to show the real horrors or the Third Reich in a gently comedic manner.

Overall it was a quirky & politically-driven film aimed at proving how satirical the entire Nazi party was. A destruction of the fascist way of life sotospeak, or more simply: social justice. What this film does particularly well is gut-punching you with emotion & realism when you least expect it, which brings the fun ride crashing back down to Earth. It also boasts A+ symbolism all throughout the film that gives deeper meaning to a lot of different aspects of this film.

8/10
damn, forgot the search function was shit. I was surprised I didn't see anything when I looked.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched on HBO. Very well done.

The bit about German Shepherds was classic.

The absurdity/farcical nature of the characters helps deal with the horrors such as the folks hanging in the town square. I believe there were multiple shots of their feet, which plays a prominent roll in the film later on. That's a gut shot, but you instantly know what's going on because of the previously shot scenes.

Clever dialogue. Excellent directing. Excellent acting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched on HBO. Very well done.

The bit about German Shepherds was classic.

The absurdity/farcical nature of the characters helps deal with the horrors such as the folks hanging in the town square. I believe there were multiple shots of their feet, which plays a prominent roll in the film later on. That's a gut shot, but you instantly know what's going on because of the previously shot scenes.

Clever dialogue. Excellent directing. Excellent acting.
I wrote my critique in the last movie you saw thread, and I am too lazy to look for it, but...

The movie was the horrors of WW2, seen through the immature eyes of a child who simply doesn’t understand what he is seeing. He trusts adults, therefore, he idolizes Hitler, and has even adopted Hitler as his imaginary friend. He focuses on feet because that is what he sees most. I haven’t fully figured out the “real world” actions that would explain his friend who actually went to war. Maybe in actuality he was older than Jojo, thus eligible to go to war? But he and Jojo were close enough that Jojo still just saw him as a peer?

Anyway, it was one of my favorite movies in recent years because it truly was original. Sure, a war film based in 1940s Europe, but original nonetheless.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote my critique in the last movie you saw thread, and I am too lazy to look for it, but...

The movie was the horrors of WW2, seen through the immature eyes of a child who simply doesn’t understand what he is seeing. He trusts adults, therefore, he idolizes Hitler, and has even adopted Hitler as his imaginary friend. He focuses on feet because that is what he sees most. I haven’t fully figured out the “real world” actions that would explain his friend who actually went to war. Maybe in actuality he was older than Jojo, thus eligible to go to war? But he and Jojo were close enough that Jojo still just saw him as a peer?

Anyway, it was one of my favorite movies in recent years because it truly was original. Sure, a war film based in 1940s Europe, but original nonetheless.
it was satire...regarding the Hitler youth and how brainwashed the whole population was.

the joke is that he wasn't of age to go to war and how ridiculous he was going out there fighting a war he barely understands.