• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel declares for the draft

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him well in the NFL, will be interested to see if A) he can be coached and B)if he can adapt and survive. He has the arm strength, but he is RAW. Throws off-balance a lot, has a high degree of trust in his WR's to go get the ball, and his speed won't mean anything in the NFL.

Hope he does well, wouldn't want my team drafting him in the first few rounds.

this

he has a lot of talent, but he relied on tossing up prayers to his giant WR too much

we'll see how he does in the pros...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a JFF fan, the perfect scenario for him is New England. They have a no-contest starting QB, a coach who commands respect and discipline (please, no Hernandez jokes), and a locker room that can help him learn the way to be a pro football player. They aren't a media circus, so that will help. He'd be in major population centers so he would have his nightlife he could go to and endorsement deals. And he would have a few years of bench time to learn from a HOF QB.

He won't make it down to them, but that would be his best scenario.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a JFF fan, the perfect scenario for him is New England. They have a no-contest starting QB, a coach who commands respect and discipline (please, no Hernandez jokes), and a locker room that can help him learn the way to be a pro football player. They aren't a media circus, so that will help. He'd be in major population centers so he would have his nightlife he could go to and endorsement deals. And he would have a few years of bench time to learn from a HOF QB.

Minnesota wouldn't be bad for him either, from a football standpoint... Clearly not a nightlife standpoint...

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, he will do better in a dome stadium where his quickness is an asset. That said, he has a lot of talent and, IMO will do well. We shall know in about 9 months.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They already have Ryan Mallett who has been looking the times I watched him. Although there is a lot of buzz about teams wanting to trade for Mallett.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I'd like the Texans to get him.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I thought it was hilarious that Ed Werder said the Texans should "bring in the hometown kid" in Manzeil. Uhh WHAT? I mean, I know the Houston area keeps getting huger, but I didn't know we could annex towns west of San Antonio.