• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Football party made Browns late to practice

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and of course the report of a party is bs:

Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel said Monday he was "irate" with recent reports that he threw a party the night before arriving late to the facility for treatment. He told reporters he had a few friends from Texas over on Friday and overslept Saturday, but played no part in Josh Gordon's one-game suspension for skipping walkthru, reports the Plain Dealer.

Manziel: No more 'looking like a jackass;' Pettine says 'talk is cheap' : Fantasy News

"Either I'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do," Manziel said.

:lol:

That says it right there. Manziel has a fall back. Family money. He really doesn't give a shit.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Either I'm going to learn or I'm going to be finding something else to do," Manziel said.

:lol:

That says it right there. Manziel has a fall back. Family money. He really doesn't give a shit.

time will tell, why should we prejudge him. he was late for a therapy meeting, who cares.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time will tell, why should we prejudge him. he was late for a therapy meeting, who cares.

He's an employee on the clock... So of course it's important... It's was his job at the moment and he was late... You can't be late to your job w/out any consequences...

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel's a professional football player. His biggest asset is his ability to play football. Not showing up for treatment is idiotic. Saying you're going to start taking your job more seriously, and then going out and partying is just idiotic. If he wanted to live it up and still be Big Man on Campus, he should have stayed in college. Now that he's in the NFL, football is his job. Showing up for treatment, working at your craft..those are all parts of being a professional.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an employee on the clock... So of course it's important... It's was his job at the moment and he was late... You can't be late to your job w/out any consequences...

he was inactive.

and so you've never been late for work. lol

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was inactive.

Under contract. He is a salaried employee. We don't punch clocks but we do have deadlines and time constraints.

Being on the injured reserve list, while being paid, and not showing up for treatment to heal that injury is a little more than your average joe just "running late that morning".

I seen someone mention in another post....."This is silly, you can bet that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady team doctors work around their schedule, not the other way around."

Yeah, thats great and all but Johnny Manziel is no Tom Brady, he is a rookie.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my job before this one, we had 0800 meetings to divvy up assignments/responsibilities, etc.

If you were late, you got the shit assignments no one else wanted.

That was a great motivator to be on time.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under contract. He is a salaried employee. We don't punch clocks but we do have deadlines and time constraints.

Being on the injured reserve list, while being paid, and not showing up for treatment to heal that injury is a little more than your average joe just "running late that morning".

I seen someone mention in another post....."This is silly, you can bet that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady team doctors work around their schedule, not the other way around."

Yeah, thats great and all but Johnny Manziel is no Tom Brady, he is a rookie.

he did show up, just late. and everybodys been late, including you, and for a variety of reasons.

he was inactive. this is all just tabloid garbage.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did show up, just late. and everybodys been late, including you, and for a variety of reasons.

he was inactive. these comments are ridiculous.

His employer sent hired Security to look for him. :lol:

You're the only one being ridiculous. Ridiculously obtuse!

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His employer sent hired Security to look for him. :lol:

You're the only one being ridiculous. Ridiculously obtuse!

where did you read this? the same place that said he was partying with josh gorden? or the place that said a homeless man told jimmy haslem to pick manziel?

holy shit! its the last game of the year and and hes inactive. this the biggest non story in sports.

you people spend to much time sucking on lemons.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel, Gilbert, and Gordon better straighten their shit out this off-season

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel, Gilbert, and Gordon better straighten their shit out this off-season

manziel didn't even so much as get a traffic ticket. he sat quietly behind hoyer nearly the whole season without uttering a single complaint.

pettine needs to support his players rather throwin them under the bus in the media.

if manziel wasn't ready to start, pettine shouldn't have started him. its on pettine. just like its on pettine if manziel wasn't getting enough reps with starters in practice.

pettine needs to take responsibility.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manziel didn't even so much as get a traffic ticket. he sat quietly behind hoyer nearly the whole season without uttering a single complaint.

pettine needs to support his players rather throwin them under the bus in the media.

if manziel wasn't ready to start, pettine shouldn't have started him. its on pettine. just like its on pettine if manziel wasn't getting enough reps with starters in practice.

pettine needs to take responsibility.

Manziel should have worked harder. He can't expect to just show up and be a good QB. He needs to put in the work and was called out by vets on the team.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel should have worked harder. He can't expect to just show up and be a good QB. He needs to put in the work and was called out by vets on the team.

and how do you know how hard manziel worked? did skip bayless tell you?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how do you know how hard manziel worked? did skip bayless tell you?

From what other Browns players have said. I don't know why you're arguing with me? Im a Browns fan so I follow closer than you do

Look it up. He was late to a team function and veterans called him out for his work ethic. I don't listen to Skip Bayless he's an idiot

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was inactive.

What you're doing is rationalizing...

And to answer your question, I have but I would pick up the phone and let them know I was on my way or what the hold up was... It's called being responsible...

People have the ability to choose their actions but they do not have the ability to choose the consequences to their actions...

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what other Browns players have said. I don't know why you're arguing with me? Im a Browns fan so I follow closer than you do

Look it up. He was late to a team function and veterans called him out for his work ethic. I don't listen to Skip Bayless he's an idiot

link. i'm seeing nothing but tabloid trash?

good teammates don't even call other teammates out in the media, let along backups.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're doing is rationalizing...

And to answer your question, I have but I would pick up the phone and let them know I was on my way or what the hold up was... It's called being responsible...

People have the ability to choose their actions but they do not have the ability to choose the consequences to their actions...

great, now please describe the circumstances under which manziel was late, and his course of action.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great, now please describe the circumstances under which manziel was late, and his course of action.

He didn't even wake up.

And links? Trying to watch football you scrub try cleveland plain dealer

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't even wake up.

And links? Trying to watch football you scrub try cleveland plain dealer

oh, you mean you don't even f-in know.