• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Tortorella Death Watch

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just goes to show you being an asshole does not pay off. This is a guy that coached a team to the number 1 seed and took them to the conference finals a year ago and got his team to the 2nd round this year. It's not like they have been bottom feeders the past 2 years, his job probably should've been relatively safe.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how one game can impact several people and I'm referring to game 7 of the Leafs - Bruins series. If the Leafs hold on and win that game, Julien is likely fired as coach of the B's and the Rangers would have moved on to play Toronto in the next round. Now there's no guarantee that the Rags would have beaten Toronto, but I think that would have been a better matchup for NYR than the Bruins.

In other words, it's entirely possible that the Rags could have been facing the Penguins and I doubt that Torts would have been fired if the Rags would have been eliminated by Pittsburgh.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how one game can impact several people and I'm referring to game 7 of the Leafs - Bruins series. If the Leafs hold on and win that game, Julien is likely fired as coach of the B's and the Rangers would have moved on to play Toronto in the next round. Now there's no guarantee that the Rags would have beaten Toronto, but I think that would have been a better matchup for NYR than the Bruins.

In other words, it's entirely possible that the Rags could have been facing the Penguins and I doubt that Torts would have been fired if the Rags would have been eliminated by Pittsburgh.

Weird how things work out like that. Last year if the Devils lose game 7 in OT to Florida Pete Deboer is looking for a job right now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK with that.

I think hes a great coach but was at the end of the cycle here in Vancouver. He couldnt make this team take the next step. we needed fresh. I think he would be wonderful in New York

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes a great coach but was at the end of the cycle here in Vancouver. He couldnt make this team take the next step. we needed fresh. I think he would be wonderful in New York

Well lets hope both teams get the coach they need and we meet in the finals next year.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets hope both teams get the coach they need and we meet in the finals next year.

how fun would that be. Im still not over 94. or 82 or 2011... dammit :gaah:

sadly I think the Canucks are on the down turn and dont have a chance at the cup anymore with this team as it sits.

Rangers I think are still pretty good and have better goal tending

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how fun would that be. Im still not over 94. or 82 or 2011... dammit :gaah:

sadly I think the Canucks are on the down turn and dont have a chance at the cup anymore with this team as it sits.

Rangers I think are still pretty good and have better goal tending

Well for next year at least.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV will be Rag$ next coach

I think he's a talented coach but teh other side of the coin is he has coached a team picked to win it all (ala torts with the rag$) and couldnt get them all the way. It'll be interesting...maybe all they need is a good coach who doesnt treat them like dog shit

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marian Gaborik ‏@MGaborik10

Everything happens for a reason...

LOL