• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Kuhn facts to celebrate the end of an era for GB

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kuhnnnnnnnn was quite loud as I was there for this one but his 2 yards did not make a 1st down this time.

That vaunted Seahawk D line could not keep that average running back out of the endzone

That game ended 36-16 Seattle. I was there too.

You know what else was quite loud that day? The raising of our Super Bowl Champion banner.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what happened?

I am beginning to think that you must be new to the game of football. Generally or maybe 99% of the time after a touchdown is scored the team will kick what they call an extra point. This is done by the center snapping the ball to a player called the holder. The holder then holds the ball pretty much straight up with the laces out. Then the kicker steps up and kicks the ball through what is called the goal post and if the kicker is able to do so then this would give the team kicking the ball 1 extra point which is why they call it the extra point.

On rare occasion a team may try to go for a 2 point extra point using one play to get the ball in the endzone by either running or passing and if they succeed then they are given 2 extra points.

Now in this instance after the Kuhn touchdown I didnt want to assume that the extra point was kicked so went back and looked at the play by play in that game and here is what i found:

1. Timeout #2 by GB at 01:30.
  2. 2-2-SEA 2 (1:30) 30-J.Kuhn left guard for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.WATCH HIGHLIGHT
  3. 2-M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-61-B.Goode, Holder-8-T.Masthay.

So yes in this case to answer your question what happened next they did kick the extra point. There is a blue link you can click if you would like to see the touchdown again. The sad thing is that it does not include the extra point in case you wanted to see how that play actually works

I hope this was helpful

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game ended 36-16 Seattle. I was there too.

You know what else was quite loud that day? The raising of our Super Bowl Champion banner.

It is great that you Seattle fans were able to experience this once. It was so sad that you could not experience it a second time though when Carol decided to pass the ball. That had tobe heart breaking.

I was able to see 2 championship banners raised after the last 2 Packer Super Bowl wins and it was surely loud. The first 9 Championships I was not alive for so was not able to see and Super Bowls 1 and 2 I was 6 and 7 years old and was not taken to welcome home the Championships.

It was just to bad the league had Seattle play the Packers in the first game because if it was another team your stadium would have been filled with more Seattle fans which would have made it a bit louder but Packer fans travel well and dampened some of the potential noise.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious how proud LL is of a single TD in a game in which the Packers got ass raped.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Strong was a much better fullback than John Kuhn yet you don't see anyone hanging off his balls.

Please though, continue to tell us about the legend that was KUUUUUUHHHHHHHHN

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egh....

Rodgers obviously can't find enough beard. (A nice, ripe Wisconsin fatty woulda prolly been a better option.)

But he doesn't wear Uggs or sell mattresses with a suit on.
That's where the metro stuff confuses things.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying John Kuhn is now a New Orlean Saint