• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Elway signed for another 5-years with the Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone think he was truly going anywhere else?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone think he was truly going anywhere else?

Yeah, totally expected and was just a matter of time. For better or worse, Elway is a Bronco for life. He's not going anywhere else

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, totally expected and was just a matter of time. For better or worse, Elway is a Bronco for life. He's not going anywhere else

Yup, I don't see him doing anything else other than something with the Broncos.. Wonder if he will do those razor blade ads like Favre does

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True the guy is a legend there and will always be the face of Denver. 5 Sb's as QB, 2 as GM and 3 Lombardi's

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True the guy is a legend there and will always be the face of Denver. 5 Sb's as QB, 2 as GM and 3 Lombardi's

I always hated Elway with his constant comebacks over Seattle but always respected his game and now GM. Well deserved contract extension.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hated Elway with his constant comebacks over Seattle but always respected his game and now GM. Well deserved contract extension.

Your preaching to the choir my friend, I don't think the Patriots ever beat Elway in a game. And even to this day Denver is still NE's cryptonite, even with Brady at helm. I know you guys played in the same conf for 25 years but we had enough of him too

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct Sonny, 0-11 against Elway including playoffs (kinda sucked being a Pats fan and living out there at the time).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your preaching to the choir my friend, I don't think the Patriots ever beat Elway in a game. And even to this day Denver is still NE's cryptonite, even with Brady at helm. I know you guys played in the same conf for 25 years but we had enough of him too

I hear ya. I always wondered what the Hawks franchise could have been like if the FO was a step quicker then Denver's FO in that trade from Balt.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No surprise there cd, as much as I despise the guy, he's done a good job at GM, and brought consistency back to the Donkeys that they hadn't seen since he retired.....I admit, I thought he would be a miserable failure at the job, but there's that 1 in a million times I'm wrong....:D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise there cd, as much as I despise the guy, he's done a good job at GM, and brought consistency back to the Donkeys that they hadn't seen since he retired.....I admit, I thought he would be a miserable failure at the job, but there's that 1 in a million times I'm wrong....:D

Haha yeah there really wasn't any real doubt. My sources inside the organization have said it was close for months. They were tweaking a few details and then of course right when they were getting some things done a Republican group came to him with an offer to run for governor of Colorado. He decided to take a bit of time but in the end decided football is where his heart is and what he loves to do.

You were not alone though in thinking he would be a failure as a GM. Most ex-players especially HOF players are. Your boy Ozzie and Elway are in rare company when it comes to players who made the transition and have done well.

I actually thought of you yesterday. Saw the Ravens have another player injured. Starting to get a bit out of hand and the season hasn't even started. What is going on in Baltimore?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha yeah there really wasn't any real doubt. My sources inside the organization have said it was close for months. They were tweaking a few details and then of course right when they were getting some things done a Republican group came to him with an offer to run for governor of Colorado. He decided to take a bit of time but in the end decided football is where his heart is and what he loves to do.

You were not alone though in thinking he would be a failure as a GM. Most ex-players especially HOF players are. Your boy Ozzie and Elway are in rare company when it comes to players who made the transition and have done well.

I actually thought of you yesterday. Saw the Ravens have another player injured. Starting to get a bit out of hand and the season hasn't even started. What is going on in Baltimore?

I don't know cd, I know injuries are part of the game even in TC as we've seen with a lot of other teams....One of my biggest qualms with Harbs is I think he pushes too hard in practice and doesn't give them enough time to recoup before he's pushing again....
On the bright side of this last injury, Dixon was suspended first 4 games anyway and we got Woodhead now who we expect will take on a Rice type roll in this Offense....The one that bothers me so far is CB Tavon Young, that boy looked to be major player after his rook yr and now he's out for the season....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can he play QB still?

I've seen him throwing the football at training camp. The man still has a cannon for an arm. Not sure the rest of his body is quite in football shape though. He has a pretty bad limp when he walks and not sure he would quite want to take another hit from a linebacker crashing down on the pocket. He knows the OL he has with the team right now and I'm sure he is thinking he doesn't want to play behind them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know cd, I know injuries are part of the game even in TC as we've seen with a lot of other teams....One of my biggest qualms with Harbs is I think he pushes too hard in practice and doesn't give them enough time to recoup before he's pushing again....
On the bright side of this last injury, Dixon was suspended first 4 games anyway and we got Woodhead now who we expect will take on a Rice type roll in this Offense....The one that bothers me so far is CB Tavon Young, that boy looked to be major player after his rook yr and now he's out for the season....

The move I keep waiting for the Ravens to make is to sign Gary Barnidge for the TE position. He would be a nice weapon to add to that team and probably won't cost a whole lot.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good move by the organization

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best GM's in the game, good on Denver for locking him up long term.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To follow suit with similar responses to this type of "general" news: Does this news belong on the general board or on the Broncos board, that is the question. Yeah Elway is a swell guy, great player, manager, etc., but frankly, who cares beyond Denver fans?