• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Bosa to the Titans

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shrug:

"A guy at the barbershop" is guaranteeing it and it just might happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. The more you watch the kid the more impressed you really do become of him. They don't need a QB as they already have 2 decent ones and I just don't see an OT worthy of that top spot. My guess though is if any of the top QB prospects really separates themselves teams will be looking to jump Cleveland and the Titans could find themselves getting a nice draft trade haul.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. The more you watch the kid the more impressed you really do become of him. They don't need a QB as they already have 2 decent ones and I just don't see an OT worthy of that top spot. My guess though is if any of the top QB prospects really separates themselves teams will be looking to jump Cleveland and the Titans could find themselves getting a nice draft trade haul.

If there is a loving and benevolent God in heaven, Ruston Webster won't be allowed to squander this pick. He'll end up going after a punter or 5' 9" wide receiver.

I say trade the pick, just like I did last season. Yeah, there doesn't appear to be a dominant RT available and it'd be tough to use that pick for such a position, though there is obvious need there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a loving and benevolent God in heaven, Ruston Webster won't be allowed to squander this pick. He'll end up going after a punter or 5' 9" wide receiver.

I say trade the pick, just like I did last season. Yeah, there doesn't appear to be a dominant RT available and it'd be tough to use that pick for such a position, though there is obvious need there.

Honestly with the state of the OL these days to me FA is a much better way to go to fix such an issue. Use the mdrounds to find those OL players you want to develop to be your long-term starters. A player like Bosa though can come in day 1 and be a wrecking ball in this league. Like you pointed to though there is a reason teams continually pick in the top-5 in they find a way to mess it up or the player is surrounded by so much crap that they just never get the chance to develop like they need to.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with the state of the OL these days to me FA is a much better way to go to fix such an issue. Use the mdrounds to find those OL players you want to develop to be your long-term starters. A player like Bosa though can come in day 1 and be a wrecking ball in this league. Like you pointed to though there is a reason teams continually pick in the top-5 in they find a way to mess it up or the player is surrounded by so much crap that they just never get the chance to develop like they need to.

I'd love nothing more than being tasked with turning the Titans around. I'd follow a pretty simple formula and it'd happen sooner than later.

Ruston Webster has been the worst draft GM in the NFL since shocking the football world with the Jake Locker pick and yet Steve Underwood still considers him "pretty average" and that's perfectly acceptable.

What a dumpster fire. :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love nothing more than being tasked with turning the Titans around. I'd follow a pretty simple formula and it'd happen sooner than later.

Ruston Webster has been the worst draft GM in the NFL since shocking the football world with the Jake Locker pick and yet Steve Underwood still considers him "pretty average" and that's perfectly acceptable.

What a dumpster fire. :L

It truly does amaze me with all the technology and inside information that these guys have that they can still screw things up so much. Now I understand players bust and it just happens but some of these picks they make just have everybody shaking their head. I've met people outside of the NFL that pay attention very closely to college football and watch many of these players very closely who have a great idea of who can make it just by watching the games alone. Sometimes I do think they could do better to actually read some of what the fans have wrote. They are more eyes in the sky as they say to maybe find some of those sleepers that maybe not many have watched a ton of.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It truly does amaze me with all the technology and inside information that these guys have that they can still screw things up so much. Now I understand players bust and it just happens but some of these picks they make just have everybody shaking their head. I've met people outside of the NFL that pay attention very closely to college football and watch many of these players very closely who have a great idea of who can make it just by watching the games alone. Sometimes I do think they could do better to actually read some of what the fans have wrote. They are more eyes in the sky as they say to maybe find some of those sleepers that maybe not many have watched a ton of.

Consensus from those "in the know" is that Amy Adams made the Mariota pick and instituted a mandate to protect him at all costs, which tends to make sense. After all, Whisenhunt was fired after leaving Mariota in too long after the injury because he was worried Mettenberger would come in and look good, which he did.

This franchise is in complete disarray. :L

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens need to stop winning these BS games. They need to come away with one of Bosa, Hargreaves or Ramsey. Just a couple weeks ago, I was figuring out what kind of ransom they could trade the #1 pick for to drop down a few slots and still get one of those players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus from those "in the know" is that Amy Adams made the Mariota pick and instituted a mandate to protect him at all costs, which tends to make sense. After all, Whisenhunt was fired after leaving Mariota in too long after the injury because he was worried Mettenberger would come in and look good, which he did.

This franchise is in complete disarray. :L

That is the thing with many of these bad franchises is they hire yes men at the HC position and when they stop saying Yes to everything they just force their way anyway. When you have that split at the top it trickles down. To me the best owners are the ones that hire football minded people and then trust them to do their job well. If you are going to mircomanage and do what you want to do anyway then why hire them?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens need to stop winning these BS games. They need to come away with one of Bosa, Hargreaves or Ramsey. Just a couple weeks ago, I was figuring out what kind of ransom they could trade the #1 pick for to drop down a few slots and still get one of those players.

This is why that whole blocked field goal thing to me was actually a loss for the Ravens. They are a franchise just stubborn enough to win enough games and push them out of those premium players.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why that whole blocked field goal thing to me was actually a loss for the Ravens. They are a franchise just stubborn enough to win enough games and push them out of those premium players.

Yep...and that was nothing compared to the prior week. They lose Flacco and Forsett while gift-wrapping the game to the Rams, only to have it re-gifted back to them. The Chargers win was ridiculous as well.

I do like their fight. I just haven't liked the results.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tunsil or Stanley is the answer (Stanley if they don't end up with #1 overall). Mariota has no time this season to throw and the Titans have had a terrible O-Line for a while causing injuries to QBs.

Tennessee is tied for 6th in total defensive sacks and a top 10 D so no reason they need to continue to stack D at the point of attack this season (they need secondary help though). However, they are 3rd in sacks allowed and given Mariota very little time to do anything. It's pretty obvious that much like Seattle, they need help on the O-Line.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing with many of these bad franchises is they hire yes men at the HC position and when they stop saying Yes to everything they just force their way anyway. When you have that split at the top it trickles down. To me the best owners are the ones that hire football minded people and then trust them to do their job well. If you are going to mircomanage and do what you want to do anyway then why hire them?

Steve Underwood admits he's not "a football guy."

The guy making all the decisions for an NFL team isn't even "a football guy."

Thus? An 11-game home losing streak and an angry, alienated fanbase.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tunsil or Stanley is the answer (Stanley if they don't end up with #1 overall). Mariota has no time this season to throw and the Titans have had a terrible O-Line for a while causing injuries to QBs.

Tennessee is tied for 6th in total defensive sacks and a top 10 D so no reason they need to continue to stack D at the point of attack this season (they need secondary help though). However, they are 3rd in sacks allowed and given Mariota very little time to do anything. It's pretty obvious that much like Seattle, they need help on the O-Line.

I agree they need help at the OL position but what we are seeing is very few OL players have been able to make a positive impact year one. So you are talking about putting a player that will most likely need a year to develop and learn how to function in the NFL. To me FA would be a better place to go to find a pro ready player to stick on the OL and take the best player in this draft in Bosa. Then you can use the midrounds to find guys for the OL that you can let redshirt for a year then step in next year. To me go get Jake Long or Donald Penn and sign them to a 1 or 2 year deal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Underwood admits he's not "a football guy."

The guy making all the decisions for an NFL team isn't even "a football guy."

Thus? An 11-game home losing streak and an angry, alienated fanbase.

It does amaze me sometimes that these rich billionaires who most have made their fortune by making very smart business decisions seem to struggle to understand needing people who understand the business to actually run the business. I guess for many of these guys though this is viewed more as their fun toy. They made their billions and so now this is how they get to play with it. This is why I am so nervous of what happens to the Broncos after Pat Bowlen decides to hang it up. Really hoping Elway can get a group together and buy the team and just let him keep running it like he is.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they need help at the OL position but what we are seeing is very few OL players have been able to make a positive impact year one. So you are talking about putting a player that will most likely need a year to develop and learn how to function in the NFL. To me FA would be a better place to go to find a pro ready player to stick on the OL and take the best player in this draft in Bosa. Then you can use the midrounds to find guys for the OL that you can let redshirt for a year then step in next year. To me go get Jake Long or Donald Penn and sign them to a 1 or 2 year deal.

There's no guarantee Bosa will dominate. For all we know he's the next Clowney (I predicted that bust btw... not saying Bosa is a bust, but just saying). That said, there are some very high prospects at OL this year that are comparable to Bosa in terms of talent. The Titans are nowhere near competing for a Super Bowl at this point or at the start of next year. It'll take a few more years for that team to gel regardless. Might as well keep your QB as upright as possible (because the current tackles are sure as hell not doing that) and HOPEFULLY develop a solid bookend for future runs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no guarantee Bosa will dominate. For all we know he's the next Clowney (I predicted that bust btw... not saying Bosa is a bust, but just saying). That said, there are some very high prospects at OL this year that are comparable to Bosa in terms of talent. The Titans are nowhere near competing for a Super Bowl at this point or at the start of next year. It'll take a few more years for that team to gel regardless. Might as well keep your QB as upright as possible (because the current tackles are sure as hell not doing that) and HOPEFULLY develop a solid bookend for future runs.

Clowney is a very strange comparison. Their work ethics are night and day. There were very clear signs that Clowney would be a bust.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OL...the way the draft is now, (if you're Jr with a 1st rd grade you come out almost automatically now...can't blame the players, but teams are getting these kids a yr in some cases 2 yrs before they are really ready to be solid NFL players.

Standout skill position players...especially WR/RB seem to be having decent success lately.

imo..CLE is going to take the highest rated on the board...most likely the QB from Memphis or Mich St...they cannot go into '16 w/o some type of concrete plan at the QB spot. If TN continues to hold the #2 pick...I would probably take Bosa unless there is a RT they feel will be on the board further down and collect another pick or two along the way.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I approve this post.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is a very strange comparison. Their work ethics are night and day. There were very clear signs that Clowney would be a bust.

Bosa hasn't dominated this year playing cupcakes so he's far from guaranteed.

I think the Titans are so wide open that they need to probably take the most talented player available.