• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Bosa can be a real star..

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh believe me I think he is a good player and will be a good player in this league. I think the Chargers made a good pick. He has been better than I thought he would be especially after sitting out so long and having the nagging injury there to start the season. I just don't think he will be the type of pass rusher that a Von Miller or Justin Houston will be. I think he will be a great run defender as he has good strength at the point of contact that will only get better and I think he does great work with his hands to throw a blocker to the side. I don't think he has that speed rush to the edge that will consistently win for him though so what you will see teams do is try to take away that inside rush move of his and force him to have to beat them to the outside. I think he will have decent success at that but not great success.

Still I would say his best attribute is the fact that he never quits on a single play. You are right it is impressive watching him chase a guy 10 yards down the field. Many of his sacks have happened because he didn't quit on a play when many others would have. Effort can win out sometimes in this league and the guy has that like crazy. He also looks like a very smart player. Just seems to know how the play is developing in front of him and finds himself in the right place and the right time. If that only happened every once in a while maybe you can call that a coincidence but he does it consistently and that is just having great football intelligence.

Sadly and I HATE to make this comparison so early, but what you are describing is at least to me, what I see in the difference from JJ Watt to a guy like Houston or Von. A guy who doesn't have that pure speed off the edge, or a spin move like Freeney, but just makes plays all over and wins in the effort and smarts so badly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly and I HATE to make this comparison so early, but what you are describing is at least to me, what I see in the difference from JJ Watt to a guy like Houston or Von. A guy who doesn't have that pure speed off the edge, or a spin move like Freeney, but just makes plays all over and wins in the effort and smarts so badly.

What makes JJ Watt so dangerous though of how he gets so many of his stats is that 1st step. So many times with him lined up inside he is so much faster off the snap than OG/C and even many Tackles. What the Texans do which is brilliant is they find the weakest guy on the OL and many times just tell Watt to destroy that kid. Because he can play so many positions with such success it means they can do more match up situations to bring about good opportunities for him. And you are right Watt does have incredible hustle so even if that 1st step doesn't win for him he just never stops going and many times finds ways to clean up when a QB is flushed back into the pocket.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have a fear of the next Ryan Leaf or even worse, Eli Manning.

Let’s try to make sense of Joey Bosa’s holdout

The funny thing is he's got the #'s to get into the HOF down the road. 100+ regular season W's (although he'll probably end his career w/ 100 regular season losses), more than 45,000+ yards & 300+ TD's. Add in his 2 rings & those SB MVP awards & I don't see how he could be left outta the place. Although he's often looked like complete shit out there @ times. And trust me I know what shitty QB play looks like...I'm a Browns fan.:L

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is he's got the #'s to get into the HOF down the road. 100+ regular season W's (although he'll probably end his career w/ 100 regular season losses), more than 45,000+ yards & 300+ TD's. Add in his 2 rings & those SB MVP awards & I don't see how he could be left outta the place. Although he's often looked like complete shit out there @ times. And trust me I know what shitty QB play looks like...I'm a Browns fan.:L

\
But he still made fools of the Chargers....and at least proved the Spanos are not in the Mafia because his old man is still breathing.