• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Bosa can be a real star..

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 2 sacks and a couple of pressures against Atlanta today.
The kid has a heck of a combination of quickness, power, length and determination.
He looks a bit like Jared Allen did, but stronger and not quite as fast as Allen.
At least that is what I see so far.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of Michael Bennett. His handwork is insanely good. Blockers just can't get a hand on him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.. He's finally playing? LOL I kid I kid.

Yes he could be something special... He needs to keep it up the rest of the season

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely gone a long way in fixing the damage he did with his holdout, but after losing so many games in such horrible ways a lot of Charger fans are still a little peaved at him. That type of play could have made the difference in a few of those games. Definitely on the right track though.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely gone a long way in fixing the damage he did with his holdout, but after losing so many games in such horrible ways a lot of Charger fans are still a little peaved at him. That type of play could have made the difference in a few of those games. Definitely on the right track though.
I thought the holdout was more on the front office than his camp?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems to me he's went a long way in fixing the damage the Chargers front office created.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely gone a long way in fixing the damage he did with his holdout, but after losing so many games in such horrible ways a lot of Charger fans are still a little peaved at him.

The damage he did? Here's an article for you from foxsports.com (8-24-16): The Chargers are cheap & manipulative, and Joey Bosa is paying for it.

The Chargers fans that are pissed @ him should be pissed @ the organization instead.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the holdout and not signing him till near when the season began, I was frustrated with Bosa's side and the Chargers FO. But I don't want to worry about that now.

Bosa could skyrocket himself into DROY conversation if he keeps playing like he has, 4 sacks in 3 career games after missing training camp and preseason. Even when he doesn't get to the QB he puts the pressure on to force throws. Hopefully he along with the rest of the defense can keep stepping up and giving the Chargers a chance to turn their season around.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed too. Never thought I'd say that but dude is fucking FAST.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think very much of him, but he seems to make plays every week.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a stud

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he cant, do you know how big stars are

klbynes500

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Size, strength, and speed culminates the attributes of Joey Bosa.

From what I saw from Joey Bosa's perfomances this is my assessment:

There were no sacks where Joey beat the offensive tackle, cleanly. Joey's sacks relied on great coverage from the secondary, when he obtained those sacks. When Joey ran past the creasant, as the pocket collapsed, Joey sacked the QB when the QB ran forward; that was one of Joey's sacks I saw.

When Joey sacked the QB--again, with the assistance of stellar DB coverage--he matched up against the right tackle to get those sacks. Moreover, Joey is getting some hurries, however, most of those hurries came from Pagano's playcalling.

What I'm typing is that Joey has to show me that he can beat a tackle, quickly, and cleanly--create a sack by himself. Killing a drive, on his own, is yet to be seen from Joey, too. Can Joey beat a bad left tackle on a consistant basis?

There's is good news about Joey Bosa: Joey is capable of being that type of player. Moves to rush the
QB need to improve. No player--like Joey Bosa--should be stopped when rushing a right tackle, in an isolated match-up, during most of the plays in the game--except an isolated match-up against Free, Bulega, or Smith. Most left tackles in the league must have concern in an isolated match-up against Bosa. This excludes the intelligence of Pagano putting Joey in a coigne, during certain defensive looks.

Joey Bosa has the chance to be a very dominant player in the NFL. Certainly, he looks the part.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm waiting to see is how teams adjust to Bosa. Remember it takes about 4 games worth of film for teams to start seeing patterns/consistencies within another players' game. This is why we see a lot of rookies hit a wall eventually as teams figure out how better to scheme against them. Heck I've listened to some retired OL players that said they would rather going against a Pro Bowl DE than a guy coming off the practice squad that they have 0 film on. So we should start seeing some teams make adjustments at this point. IF Bosa continues to play well then he definitely should become a star but if teams figure out what he likes to do and he has very few secondary moves to work with then it won't be hard to stop him.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa is absolutely brutalizing all of his haters.

WOW.

What. A. Player.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm waiting to see is how teams adjust to Bosa. Remember it takes about 4 games worth of film for teams to start seeing patterns/consistencies within another players' game. This is why we see a lot of rookies hit a wall eventually as teams figure out how better to scheme against them. Heck I've listened to some retired OL players that said they would rather going against a Pro Bowl DE than a guy coming off the practice squad that they have 0 film on. So we should start seeing some teams make adjustments at this point. IF Bosa continues to play well then he definitely should become a star but if teams figure out what he likes to do and he has very few secondary moves to work with then it won't be hard to stop him.

That's an interesting view. I've always thought more along the lines that pass rushers either have that skill or don't for the most part. Of course the last player to have 4 sacks in their first 3 games was Ben Leber for the... Chargers. Was a solid Sam linebacker but not really a pass rusher.. Others recently were Chris Slade and Santana Dotson.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting view. I've always thought more along the lines that pass rushers either have that skill or don't for the most part. Of course the last player to have 4 sacks in their first 3 games was Ben Leber for the... Chargers. Was a solid Sam linebacker but not really a pass rusher.. Others recently were Chris Slade and Santana Dotson.

I think he will be a good player in this league. If you actually go watch his sacks though I don't think any of them are in that 2.5 seconds range that you are looking for from dominant pass rushers. They have been more when somebody else got quick pressure on the QB forcing them either up in the pocket or in Bosa's direction. That doesn't mean he is a bad player at all as I think he has been great. I actually think he is better as a run defender more so than getting after the QB. He has impressed me so far but I just think his sack numbers are a little inflated compared to the type of player that he is or at least has been.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be a good player in this league. If you actually go watch his sacks though I don't think any of them are in that 2.5 seconds range that you are looking for from dominant pass rushers. They have been more when somebody else got quick pressure on the QB forcing them either up in the pocket or in Bosa's direction. That doesn't mean he is a bad player at all as I think he has been great. I actually think he is better as a run defender more so than getting after the QB. He has impressed me so far but I just think his sack numbers are a little inflated compared to the type of player that he is or at least has been.

I haven't watched all the games yet this year like last season with work being so busy, but rewatching his highlights vs. the Chargers.

Nice inside moves so far. And had a play with some amazing pursuit. Had a play where he beat the tackle inside, got up in Derek Carr's face as he was throwing a pass 10 yards behind the LOS and made it back to tackle Amare Cooper about 10 yards downfield. Nearly got Carr on a speed rush to the outside. The first sack was other guys forcing Carr to move around, but damn he came all the way across the line for that. The 2nd sack in that game he was the reason Carr tucked and stepped up and then pursuit again got him the sack. Falcons he had an outside move that was a quick sack...

Watch the play about 40 seconds into this. That's awesome pursuit.

Man, I am liking him, the old Madden term motor really is showing up, guy just doesn't quit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched all the games yet this year like last season with work being so busy, but rewatching his highlights vs. the Chargers.

Nice inside moves so far. And had a play with some amazing pursuit. Had a play where he beat the tackle inside, got up in Derek Carr's face as he was throwing a pass 10 yards behind the LOS and made it back to tackle Amare Cooper about 10 yards downfield. Nearly got Carr on a speed rush to the outside. The first sack was other guys forcing Carr to move around, but damn he came all the way across the line for that. The 2nd sack in that game he was the reason Carr tucked and stepped up and then pursuit again got him the sack. Falcons he had an outside move that was a quick sack...

Watch the play about 40 seconds into this. That's awesome pursuit.

Man, I am liking him, the old Madden term motor really is showing up, guy just doesn't quit.

Oh believe me I think he is a good player and will be a good player in this league. I think the Chargers made a good pick. He has been better than I thought he would be especially after sitting out so long and having the nagging injury there to start the season. I just don't think he will be the type of pass rusher that a Von Miller or Justin Houston will be. I think he will be a great run defender as he has good strength at the point of contact that will only get better and I think he does great work with his hands to throw a blocker to the side. I don't think he has that speed rush to the edge that will consistently win for him though so what you will see teams do is try to take away that inside rush move of his and force him to have to beat them to the outside. I think he will have decent success at that but not great success.

Still I would say his best attribute is the fact that he never quits on a single play. You are right it is impressive watching him chase a guy 10 yards down the field. Many of his sacks have happened because he didn't quit on a play when many others would have. Effort can win out sometimes in this league and the guy has that like crazy. He also looks like a very smart player. Just seems to know how the play is developing in front of him and finds himself in the right place and the right time. If that only happened every once in a while maybe you can call that a coincidence but he does it consistently and that is just having great football intelligence.