• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe's Other Dynasty League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Love is the top "add" and he is available...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man i dunno.

They are all flyers..........I dont like any of them......they all have massive questions marks or are buried

but i think u kinda have to take love. I dont think hes gonna do much in the NFL, but hes the one with the most upside right now

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do i cut Guice?
I can bury him on the taxi squad and hope something changes?

Details change... stories get recanted..

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pretty. IDK if any of those RBs help you, but I've taken some flyers on Royce Freeman hoping either injuries or a trade ends up giving him some value.
man i dunno.

They are all flyers..........I dont like any of them......they all have massive questions marks or are buried

but i think u kinda have to take love. I dont think hes gonna do much in the NFL, but hes the one with the most upside right now
Since its all a crapshoot, was thinking of adding Devonta Freeman. And cut Guice.
Do i really want a WSH RB anyway? They are a mess.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this yr Love, Snell, or Freeman are probably as safe a bet as anyone. .... if you hide Guice I do that for now rather than cut. ...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A vulture just swooped in to grab Love. Eliminates 1 problem. (He dropped Burkhead.)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just offered LeSean McCoy straight up.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do i cut Guice?
I can bury him on the taxi squad and hope something changes?

Details change... stories get recanted..

If I had him I would not cut him unless you're in desperate need of bench space. He's to young to get blackballed and his trade value should be decently high when he's done serving whatever suspension he gets(6-8 games imo) or maybe you end up liking his new landing spot and just keep him.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just offered LeSean McCoy straight up.

I wouldn't, but he does have some limited short term value even at his age he's still a better in between the tackles runner and receiver than Rojo and then there is Vaughn who may not do much early, but will probably start stealing snap % at some point and was a solid runner, receiver, and pass blocker in college.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 250051 @SmokingMonkey @SteelersPride @TREFF @HaroldSeattle @Stomp @leftypower

Please help...
I own Darius Guice... nuff said....

Should I cut him? I cant see someone trading for him, so does he hold value next year? If so, these are my top RB options...
Pretty significant, serious charges. Its not just domestic assault..theres a felony charge of strangulation...I don't see him in the league again, ever. His only chance is for everything to be outright dismissed. I don't even think getting off on some technicality, or pleading to lesser charges, is gonna save his career.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stash guice on taxi, add Freeman

Would be my play
If I had him I would not cut him unless you're in desperate need of bench space. He's to young to get blackballed and his trade value should be decently high when he's done serving whatever suspension he gets(6-8 games imo) or maybe you end up liking his new landing spot and just keep him.
Well, the only problem with the taxi stash is it does not free up a roster spot.
Gonna follow Stomp's advice, stash him, and just hope that he finds a good home.
Who knows, maybe the accuser's story changes or she redacts or recants the original version.

There's not much to get excited about on the waiver wire either.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty significant, serious charges. Its not just domestic assault..theres a felony charge of strangulation...I don't see him in the league again, ever. His only chance is for everything to be outright dismissed. I don't even think getting off on some technicality, or pleading to lesser charges, is gonna save his career.

I doubt what he did will even be remembered by most fans in a year unless theres a video or he ends up serving time and there are plenty of teams that don't care about shitty behavior.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the only problem with the taxi stash is it does not free up a roster spot.
Gonna follow Stomp's advice, stash him, and just hope that he finds a good home.
Who knows, maybe the accuser's story changes or she redacts or recants the original version.
There's not much to get excited about on the waiver wire either.
Actually in that case if you don't have an obvious drop then I'd shop him or dump and grab Freeman or Snell - - but I'd want more than Shady back.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in that case if you don't have an obvious drop then I'd shop him or dump and grab Freeman or Snell - - but I'd want more than Shady back.

Well, I've been doing some research on Guice's charges.
I found an article that says the charges were based on 3 separate incidents back in Feb, Mar and Apr. So now they file charges in Aug (4 months later).
He "adamantly denies" the charges.
Still, he turns himself in, and the WSH football team drops him asap.
Something tells me this story is gonna change.
Tyreek-ish. Eerily similar in these early stages.

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've been doing some research on Guice's charges.
I found an article that says the charges were based on 3 separate incidents back in Feb, Mar and Apr. So now they file charges in Aug (4 months later).
He "adamantly denies" the charges.
Still, he turns himself in, and the WSH football team drops him asap.
Something tells me this story is gonna change.
Tyreek-ish. Eerily similar in these early stages.

Team had to know about it earlier than this wk though. That means they did their own investigation outside of the official one and determined letting him go was the best route.

I believe chiefs said they were letting the legal process play out in Hill's situation before cutting, which panned out nicely for them. KC is known for taking a more relaxed approach to players with character concerns (as long as there's no video!).

Not likely we will see Guice play football THIS season, but have a hard time seeing this end his career. With his knees, another year off might actually be good for him from a physical viewpoint.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets convicted of a felony.. Who gives a hairy rat's ass if anyone remembers him..the dude's effed.

And he kinda sucked anyways

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets convicted of a felony.. Who gives a hairy rat's ass if anyone remembers him..the dude's effed.
And he kinda sucked anyways
That's a good point. The 'potential' has just never materialized - and a team hanging onto a 35yr old RB (even if his name is AP) is not a good measure of confidence that they felt it ever would. ....